TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it comes down to how much the Vikings juice up during the week leading up to North. North is improved but I'm pretty sure they don't have a BALCO connection. Vikes win.

I n i predicted Vikes to win, im not changing my prediction but, THS added 2 injuries to the list #24 sophmore Carlos Howard and #4 Junior TJ simmons.

How will the Vikes cope with these 2 big injuries.

TJ suffered a cuncussion and Carlos messed up his knee. i dont no what excatly it is but i think it is his MCL or ACL

surgery tomorow(MONDAY)

PLAESE PRAY

Hope my post about Coach Wampler did not seem like an attack on anyone because that was not why I posted it. I was simply saying that I was suprised that he is not calling the offense for Tennessee High. The talent pool at Tennessee High is a lot like Wampler had at Anderson County. Also with his success and experience and with the complaints I read about the offense on this board I just made a statement. I know Coach Stubbs and most of his assistants and I would not say anything negative toward any of them. In fact being a retired coach, I would not attack any coach or teacher for that matter.

I gaurentee you that every coaching staff in this area is probable meeting and watching film as I write this, instead of out spending time with their wives and families and I appreciate their dedication.

I am sorry if my post was taking as an attack.

I n i predicted Vikes to win, im not changing my prediction but, THS added 2 injuries to the list #24 sophmore Carlos Howard and #4 Junior TJ simmons.

How will the Vikes cope with these 2 big injuries.

TJ suffered a cuncussion and Carlos messed up his knee. i dont no what excatly it is but i think it is his MCL or ACL

surgery tomorow(MONDAY)

PLAESE PRAY

Total knee reconstruction this week. Tore every CL in his knee! I pray for a successful surgery and a complete and full physical and mental recovery for Carlos??¦and I look forward in seeing him back out on the field again next season!!!!!!

Total knee reconstruction this week. Tore every CL in his knee! I pray for a successful surgery and a complete and full physical and mental recovery for Carlos??¦and I look forward in seeing him back out on the field again next season!!!!!!

Prayers for Carlos Howard in Johnson City. Key player, but more importantly, a very serious injury. Luckily he is a sophomore, and he'll rehab and get stronger and faster. I missed half of my spring and summer of my senior year with a broken foot from pick-up basketball in gym class a few hours before our 1st spring scrimmage. Also, keep Greyson Janeway #6 in your prayers. He's been on crutches since our 3rd game and it's a knee injury. Still haven't gotten word on his status for Bearden.

Prayers for Carlos Howard in Johnson City. Key player, but more importantly, a very serious injury. Luckily he is a sophomore, and he'll rehab and get stronger and faster. I missed half of my spring and summer of my senior year with a broken foot from pick-up basketball in gym class a few hours before our 1st spring scrimmage. Also, keep Greyson Janeway #6 in your prayers. He's been on crutches since our 3rd game and it's a knee injury. Still haven't gotten word on his status for Bearden.

I have to admit that I haven??™t had too many heartwarming words to say about Coach Smith and his ???unique??? coaching style and approach...but as of last Friday you won??™t hear another indecorous word about him out of me. I went down on the field to congratulate some of the SH players that I know after the game and I arrived at the team huddle just in time for the team prayer. Even though this was a very satisfying win for Coach Smith and his team, the total focus of the prayer that he lead was Carlos Howard and his injury??¦just about the entire prayer!!! If nothing else Coach Smith is an honorable man of character and that goes a looooooong way in my book! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TENNESSEE FAN BASE /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> It is Horrible

Viking fans. Lets go to the games and cheer on our VIKINGS. Im sorry but... THS has one of the worst fan bases ive ever seen. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Comon Viking fans

Science hill thinks there ready to stomp us. Thats not goin to happen if we have FANS CHEERING the players on during the game to get the players pumped /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sorry to come out like this, but Does any one remeber the East game. They had a Huge Fan Base compared to THS.

TOMMOROW NIGHT 7:30 IN THE CASTLE. Lets make EVERYONE here us in the Castle.

viking fans

CHEER ON YOUR VIKES

I went with 2 Rebels to meet the Tusclum staff and watch the game on the 20th. It is a lonely road for these boys to go to the next level. Short of a DI program or a successful lower level they can expect to play with empty stands. The only people in the stands were the athletes and their parents for the recruits day. We left after the first half and my boy said, "nice school and facilities but who wants to play when there is no fans. We have visited 3 schools with this scenario. Many go into these circumstances with wild expectations and come home disheartened. It takes a strong will and vision to see it through. They don't see the money. It's not in their comprehension. Many successful professional athletes came through these "undesirable" schools. They pushed on in face of depression and disdain. Kudos to those that can tow the line. Suffice to say, it takes so much more than talent. It takes a man. Win or lose train yours to be a man. They must learn to carry on dependent on nothing more than their own intestinal fortitude. No excuse for this situation in HS but I guess my point is...let them enjoy it because it doesn't come back around. Rebel Nation.

I went with 2 Rebels to meet the Tusclum staff and watch the game on the 20th. It is a lonely road for these boys to go to the next level. Short of a DI program or a successful lower level they can expect to play with empty stands. The only people in the stands were the athletes and their parents for the recruits day. We left after the first half and my boy said, "nice school and facilities but who wants to play when there is no fans. We have visited 3 schools with this scenario. Many go into these circumstances with wild expectations and come home disheartened. It takes a strong will and vision to see it through. They don't see the money. It's not in their comprehension. Many successful professional athletes came through these "undesirable" schools. They pushed on in face of depression and disdain. Kudos to those that can tow the line. Suffice to say, it takes so much more than talent. It takes a man. Win or lose train yours to be a man. They must learn to carry on dependent on nothing more than their own intestinal fortitude. No excuse for this situation in HS but I guess my point is...let them enjoy it because it doesn't come back around. Rebel Nation.

VERY true statement! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Some of these smaller schools can and do benefit if they are able to recruit good local talent. Some of these kids carry excitement in their community from the high school level that follows them. But if they are that good they usually don??™t hang around here.

VERY true statement! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Some of these smaller schools can and do benefit if they are able to recruit good local talent. Some of these kids carry excitement in their community from the high school level that follows them. But if they are that good they usually don??™t hang around here.

True. This was always my complaint against ETSU. They were "too good" for the locals. Then the locals went to other SoCon schools and whipped ETSU's butt. ETSU would have benefited by signing locals just by putting a few people in the seats.