TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

Tonight's victory was worse than the loss two weeks ago. Penalties and no fan base. It will be interesting to see if East and TN High play next year. East will return about 8 starters to both sides of the ball.

When you say "no fan base"....explain. Because I think we are on the same page here.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say "no fan base"....explain. Because I think we are on the same page here.

The ones that sit on their hands all night long; the ones that don't cheer their own team when they come out after halftime. You certainly can't say that about the Sullivan East fans. I was hoping THS could've put another TD on the board before halftime to break their spirit...knew the Patriots would come out riled up if they didn't.

Penalties... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I would guess around 150yrd worth. And why did no one adjust to a simple run blitz? But you guys fought through and showed heart in the win so good job. But we will have to take it up a couple notches or were gonna be in a dog fight every Friday night. Congrats to east they played there tails off all night and never quit..Nelson has brought that program along way..Very good coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know exactly what he,s talking about..You see I sit on the visiting side every home game(better seats)Tonight the difference was like night and day..East side total enthusiasm for there team all night...Our side..just sitting there on there hands.. expecting to win.

You have lost your mind. North barely beat central last week that, may I remind you, did NOT win a single game last year! North won by...what two or three? North will be a cake walk, central will be embarrassing, and the east people need to settle down also. Every year we hear "This will be the year!" what makes you think that this year will be any different than the last 30? The only games that THS has to worry about are maybe a Betsy and South. No disrespect to any of the teams but we hear the same thing from you all every year. Back it up!!

May i remind YOU "DieHardVol", Central did win a game last year. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I realize you mean no disrespect, but i still say every team in the MLC is no cakewalk. With the exception of maybe Unicoi County.

Tonight will be a defining game for the Vikings even though it??™s early in the season. I bet the THS coaching staff has put WAY more time into watching film from the DB blowout to find out who and what went wrong than they have for tonight??™s East game. So expect to see some personnel changes tonight??¦and not just at QB. I??™m going to call some players out but I know them and they know me??¦so don??™t be alarmed. Matt (Batman) McClellan and Trevor (Home Depot) Crump. In the start of the DB game these two were having non of Mr. Sensabough??™s (runnin over LBs) antics and frankly put him in his place for the short time he was in. But AS SOON as the chips started falling on the other side of the fence you both simple sat down on us and Justin made you look silly rushing for most of his yardage STAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> What??™s up with that?? I know you??™re suppose to have help but Matt is a pre season All State candidate and Trevor??¦well??¦Trevor is a CRUMP, and any Viking fan knows where the bar is set for him. Matt you, on a regular basis use to hurt people just from horse playing around??¦It??™s now time for you both to BRING THE WOOD??¦starting tonight!!! You two are the defensive leaders of this team and rightfully so! If someone??™s is loafing or not holding up their part of the deal out there on the field, kick them in the??¦(I guess I better be specific here for Matt??™s sake or someone could get hurt /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )??¦TAIL!!!! This is the last time you will play any of these games in this uniform ever again. So play each one (each play) like it is your last...because technically it is! If you know these two make a copy of this and give it to them! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't know the players but a really good post at probably the wrong time. I am sure Stubbs does not let his kids go home before the game and these kids will not likely see it before they play.

Personnel changes on offense were long overdue and can salvage the season. Overall, the Vikings are not as good as I thought they were. Still playoff bound but not a shoo-in for a 1 seed; not necessarily a problem, however, as even a 3 or 4 seed can compete in Round 1 as the top of RII-4A does not look as dominant this year.

The ones that sit on their hands all night long; the ones that don't cheer their own team when they come out after halftime. You certainly can't say that about the Sullivan East fans. I was hoping THS could've put another TD on the board before halftime to break their spirit...knew the Patriots would come out riled up if they didn't.

OMG??¦I don??™t understand it. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> This is a football game! These people act like the person beside them is going to get upset because they used their outside voice at the game. The only time most of them stand for the National Anthem. Most are too worried about what the next person thinks about them??¦.WHY????! These people don??™t pay your bills, they don??™t make your bed in the morning, and they certainly aint going to fill your tank up with gas??¦so who care if they think you??™re a crazy out of control maniac!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Loosen up for Christ sake!!!!!!!! Nothing lets the air out of a players sail more than to make a great play, turn to the home crowed and wave for them to stand and applaud??¦and in response you here a hand full of people and a faint sound of crickets. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I got news for some of you??¦if you think that by simply buying a ticket and taking up space at the game you are truly supporting your team, kids, grandkids, and fellow students...you are kidding yourself. And if you don??™t believe me just ask the players. There a couple of times tonight I could have sworn I was at prayer meeting. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Don't know the players but a really good post at probably the wrong time. I am sure Stubbs does not let his kids go home before the game and these kids will not likely see it before they play.

Personnel changes on offense were long overdue and can salvage the season. Overall, the Vikings are not as good as I thought they were. Still playoff bound but not a shoo-in for a 1 seed; not necessarily a problem, however, as even a 3 or 4 seed can compete in Round 1 as the top of RII-4A does not look as dominant this year.

Wrong!! I spoke with them after the game. They think I??™m crazy but they got the message. You see I knew they wouldn??™t see these boards before the game but I also knew that people (or should I say a person) very close to one of them would. These two are almost insupportable on and off the field and it??™s been that way since 8th grade so getting it to both of them was easier than you think. But that??™s for the complement anyway. Needless to say (as you witnessed) there was no gateway to the end zone or even a first down up the middle tonight!!!

The Vikings are going to get better week after week. We had some breaks in coverage a couple of times and I truly wouldn??™t be surprised if we had more yards in penalties than East had on the ground. Etfan if you were at the game you would know and admit that penalties (good or bad) was easily the reason that East was able to hang around. The change at QB was obviously successful tonight but TH will have to match or surpass this performance a couple more times before claiming the starting position for good...but he looked good tonight. Areas for improvement for the players; the secondary will be picked apart by South unless we find some cover guys! How about Darryl Wilson since he??™s not being used much on O??¦he is after all the fastest player on the team????? O line and technique and conditioning??¦Keenan was taking a beating in the 4th quarter. And for the coaches; All of them are so even tempered you need to hire a maniac to keep the sidelines pumped and to raise H E double hockey sticks when they are messing up! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And learn to trust your QB and his arm even when it is a crucial down. I know this will just take time but it needs to happen sooner than later because just running Keenan up the middle aint gonna cut it especially when the Lbs are shooting the gaps on every play. Otherwise I think when we look back at this game we did pretty good outside all the penalties. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not see this game but I can agree with most of the posts. As a football fan who makes a Friday evening out of a high school game of the week of my choosing, I usually show up in The Castle two or three times a year. It is an awesome stadium, but the atmosphere is often funeral like. I was there for the THS / Volunteer playoff last year, and I am almost certain the Falcons had a bigger fan base. I have only been in this area about 10 or 11 years but recent years have appeared worse than in the early 2000's. The folks of Bristol should be proud of what they have......other places would kill for it. Oh by the way, congrats to the Vikings on the win last night.

OMG??¦I don??™t understand it. This is a football game! These people act like the person beside them is going to get upset because they used their outside voice at the game. The only time most of them stand for the National Anthem. Most are too worried about what the next person thinks about them??¦.WHY????! These people don??™t pay your bills, they don??™t make your bed in the morning, and they certainly aint going to fill your tank up with gas??¦so who care if they think you??™re a crazy out of control maniac!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Loosen up for Christ sake!!!!!!!! Nothing lets the air out of a players sail more than to make a great play, turn to the home crowed and wave for them to stand and applaud??¦and in response you here a hand full of people and a faint sound of crickets. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I got news for some of you??¦if you think that by simply buying a ticket and taking up space at the game you are truly supporting your team, kids, grandkids, and fellow students...you are kidding yourself. And if you don??™t believe me just ask the players. There a couple of times tonight I could have sworn I was at prayer meeting. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

These people just don,t get it cap...For instance a couple of the players and their Dads and I went to the Maryville ..south game last year in Maryville And where did we end up having to sit? In the student section of Maryville...lol..now that was a total ruckus /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..but kinda fun. Now those guys now how to pump up a team.

I just don,t understand why we can,t do that..Heck I sit on the other side of the field , But i still yell for the guys(get some evil eyes some times but who cares) Some times they need that 12th man ..No!! I,m wrong ..that 12th man should always be there..always!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not see this game but I can agree with most of the posts. As a football fan who makes a Friday evening out of a high school game of the week of my choosing, I usually show up in The Castle two or three times a year. It is an awesome stadium, but the atmosphere is often funeral like. I was there for the THS / Volunteer playoff last year, and I am almost certain the Falcons had a bigger fan base. I have only been in this area about 10 or 11 years but recent years have appeared worse than in the early 2000's. The folks of Bristol should be proud of what they have......other places would kill for it. Oh by the way, congrats to the Vikings on the win last night.

I think the larger crowds in the early 2000's were due to the resurgence of Viking football. They went 10-0 for the first time in 29 years and were the undisputed conference champs for the first time in 28 years. The 2001-2004 seasons spoiled several fans. In my opinion the only way to revive the fan base is for Tennessee High to either have a couple of mediocre seasons (6-5 or 7-4 records) to make an 8-2 season special or to accomplish something that they haven't done in several years (defeat South, become Conference Champions, make it to the quarterfinals). The last couple of years they've been in a rut.

A lot of the younger "fans" spend their time continuously walking back and forth on the walkway or on the track. They're completely clueless that a game is taking place.

I think the larger crowds in the early 2000's were due to the resurgence of Viking football. They went 10-0 for the first time in 29 years and were the undisputed conference champs for the first time in 28 years. The 2001-2004 seasons spoiled several fans. In my opinion the only way to revive the fan base is for Tennessee High to either have a couple of mediocre seasons (6-5 or 7-4 records) to make an 8-2 season special or to accomplish something that they haven't done in several years (defeat South, become Conference Champions, make it to the quarterfinals). The last couple of years they've been in a rut.

A lot of the younger "fans" spend their time continuously walking back and forth on the walkway or on the track. They're completely clueless that a game is taking place.

Yesterday during the game, Tennessee Highs Fan Base was weak.

They need to get behind there team. only half the game they were cheering