TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

I need to add this. I have gauges on here just to make sure I don??™t test the limits to hard because if you haven??™t notice and if you know me personally you know you don??™t have to guess what I??™m thinking...makes no difference who you are. If you don't want to know the truth as I see it, don't ask me. I would like to say that I in no way dislike ANY of the Coaching staff of THS??¦I just disagree with some of their philosophy and decisions. In other words I have my own opinion??¦right or wrong. In fact I truly like and admire Coach Stubbs but I wish he would let loose and stop being so controlled??¦we need to see the emotion of the 04??™ Stubbs and crew. Maze(sp) has to be my fav for the simple fact that I remember him playing and he is as real and as hard core now as he was back then??¦I??™ve heard the stories /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . He has also worked very closely with both my boys and they both speak VERY highly of him although the youngest tends to defend him fiercer than the elder when I come down on him. Wally is good friends with good friends so he??™s got to be good people??¦that is when he??™s not calling them sissy plays. I knew Chandler before he was a Viking and even though we were cross town rivalries we have remained casual acquaintance though out the years. This has never been personal for me and I have never been one to kiss up or confront ANY coach for playing time??¦EVER! If my son can??™t help your cause out on the field sit him down??¦but let him know what he needs to do to get back on and we will be back! My gauge call and told me I should clear those things up??¦as you know this is an election year and I??™m running for Viking Poster of the Year. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few suggestions for negative posters:

1. If you want to be a coach, .... do it. Go to school get certified, get hired somewhere and THEN make the hard coaching decisions. It is very easy to make "armchair" decisions when there are no repercussion. Try being on the sidelines and making that call with all eyes on you. Maybe a little harder to do. And you can argue all you want about having nerve and "growing a set"... it's just not the same as actually making decisions during a game.

2. If you are a coach... have a little more respect for others in your profession.

3. If you are not a coach... how about supplying your name and place of employment so maybe these coaches can come and critique your performance at your place of employment.

4. If you are a parent... support your coaching staff. SUPPORT your coaching staff. If you fill your son's heads with garbage about how this coach is stupid and that coach is wrong.... well, your son is going to beleive you and not buy into what the team is trying to do.

As long as your coaches are doing their best and not harming your children, count yourself lucky.

Next time you start to bash a coach... just think about it first. Is this in the best interest of the team.

1. Its called have a legitimate game plan and chart your plays. They do still watch film don,t they? Find the other teams weakness and exploit it. Its not rocket science at this level.

2. Been there done that ..and its Constructive criticism not lack of respect for I respect them all, just don't always agree with the so called game plan.

3. First of all they don,t sign my paycheck..and the last time i checked we do pay their salary's.

4.Yes i did have a child who played at THS. Played under the Hundly rein.And did and still do support them. And know one said they were stupid, just that we didn't agree on some points of football strategy.

Where to start? Dear Cap and company take off your rose colored glasses. The Vikes simply do not have the talent they have had in past years. In my humble opinion THS has never had great talent, but Coach Stubbs seems to get the most out of what he has. My credentials as a coach are not great by any means but I did spend 11 years as an assistant at the junior college level. (I know this does not compare to the NFL epertise of Cap and company and all the critics) I have seen the Vikes a few times this year and they are lacking in talent. Number 31 is a fine football player and he should touch the ball 25-30 times a game, period. I do think the Vikes have hurt themselves trying to throw the ball. The players (not the coaches) had a tough time completeing a screen passes at Kingsport. The critics on this thread have developed into parasites and you are further weakening the Vikings. To the team and coaches I say come together. Stand tough. I would love to see the conference championship decided in the Castle. The road is tough including a looming battle in Mtn. City. Oh Cap, Al Davis would welcome your coaching expertise!

Guest longhorns51

Where to start? Dear Cap and company take off your rose colored glasses. The Vikes simply do not have the talent they have had in past years. In my humble opinion THS has never had great talent, but Coach Stubbs seems to get the most out of what he has. My credentials as a coach are not great by any means but I did spend 11 years as an assistant at the junior college level. (I know this does not compare to the NFL epertise of Cap and company and all the critics) I have seen the Vikes a few times this year and they are lacking in talent. Number 31 is a fine football player and he should touch the ball 25-30 times a game, period. I do think the Vikes have hurt themselves trying to throw the ball. The players (not the coaches) had a tough time completeing a screen passes at Kingsport. The critics on this thread have developed into parasites and you are further weakening the Vikings. To the team and coaches I say come together. Stand tough. I would love to see the conference championship decided in the Castle. The road is tough including a looming battle in Mtn. City. Oh Cap, Al Davis would welcome your coaching expertise!

Good post

"In my humble opinion THS has never had great talent". If you can find ANYBODY on these boards that agrees with that statement in comparison...I will stop posting on CoachT!! Whatever "credentials" you may have thought you had just went out the window with that statement. You waisted all those words and took up all that space just to say I can't stand the Tennessee High Vikings. Your entire post was laughable at best. Where is Waco and his Moron award when you need him! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How about you take off your smoke filled glasses!? THS has talent in more players that just one. Sounds to me like you are just trying to build your team and yourself up by knocking the other players. We had 2 big catches at Kingsport that both led to scores. I believe you're a sure critic that has developed into a parasite! Your humble opinion is getting ridiculous!

To my knowledge THS has had at least 13 players from the last 4 seasons go on to play college ball. Including guys like Whitten, Booher, Shaw, Bell, Bible, and Baker. Not to mention players that could've played football but opted to play a different sport...guys like Nidiffer, Howington, and Johnson.

I think he was talking about great players. Great players go on and play D1. Good players go on and play D2 and anyone that is half way a player can play at some of the smaller colleges. I think Tennessee High has had some good players but not great players in the past few years. How many of them have gone on to play D1 except Bart. I think the problem is that most parents THINK that their sons are great players, and they may be in their own back yard but when you compare them to players outside out region they are just average players. Thats why we can't play out of this region most of the time. If you want to see great players you need to go to some of the games in Georgia where they have 5-7 players who are going to D1 schools.

We are 3-0 in the conference and tied for first. I think that in the end we might end up at best second or third. With all the injuries we have had this year that is nothing to hang our heads about. We need to stop bashing the coaches and realize that maybe this year we just do not have the players on the field that need to be there because of injuries. We are not a great team this year and we are struggling to even be a good team. Some years are like that.

I think he was talking about great players. Great players go on and play D1. Good players go on and play D2 and anyone that is half way a player can play at some of the smaller colleges. I think Tennessee High has had some good players but not great players in the past few years. How many of them have gone on to play D1 except Bart. I think the problem is that most parents THINK that their sons are great players, and they may be in their own back yard but when you compare them to players outside out region they are just average players. Thats why we can't play out of this region most of the time. If you want to see great players you need to go to some of the games in Georgia where they have 5-7 players who are going to D1 schools.

We are 3-0 in the conference and tied for first. I think that in the end we might end up at best second or third. With all the injuries we have had this year that is nothing to hang our heads about. We need to stop bashing the coaches and realize that maybe this year we just do not have the players on the field that need to be there because of injuries. We are not a great team this year and we are struggling to even be a good team. Some years are like that.

Exactly right. Bart is arguably the best player in the last 20 years at THS and he only got to long snap his 5th year for Virginia Tech. We have talent but not the kind you find around Knoxville and West TN.

Hey Cap. I bet there is a reason that Mason is not playing on defense. Although I did see him take some snaps there this past game. He has the frame to be a great defender. I have no idea about his technique or heart. Your kids are good football players, but ultimately basketball is both of their top sports.

"In my humble opinion THS has never had great talent". If you can find ANYBODY on these boards that agrees with that statement in comparison...I will stop posting on CoachT!! Whatever "credentials" you may have thought you had just went out the window with that statement. You waisted all those words and took up all that space just to say I can't stand the Tennessee High Vikings. Your entire post was laughable at best. Where is Waco and his Moron award when you need him! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

O.K.--you got a deal----I agree with the post of jcolter, now I don't expect to see you on here ever again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

See ya in basketball season. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Exactly right. Bart is arguably the best player in the last 20 years at THS and he only got to long snap his 5th year for Virginia Tech. We have talent but not the kind you find around Knoxville and West TN.

Hey Cap. I bet there is a reason that Mason is not playing on defense. Although I did see him take some snaps there this past game. He has the frame to be a great defender. I have no idea about his technique or heart. Your kids are good football players, but ultimately basketball is both of their top sports.

I respectfully disagree with you guys on that point. If I??™m not mistaken Bart was a walk-on at Tech for the long snapping position because they were shutting down the program at ETSU (D1) where he got his scholarship. Twenty years would back things up to the 80s. Bart was good, and he was a fierce competitor??¦but by no means was he in the same league with some of the players in the 80s and 90s. Does anybody remember Todd Daggs? He completely rewrote the Viking record book and then went on to Lees McRae to rewrite theirs. Best RB I have ever seen in person??¦without a doubt!! He was recruited by several major D1 schools including UT??¦but he just didn??™t have the grades. And then there is Rocky Clay played at Appalachian State and then transferred to University of South Carolina to finish up. Oh yea??¦what about Gary Dandridge? Didn??™t play his junior year at THS, then played QB his senior year; recruited by Appalachian State to play defensive back; College All American his junior and senior year; DRAFTED by the Seattle Seahawks, and finished his carrier playing Arena football in Charlotte. And there were others. One thing I know for sure??¦.Coach Stubbs and that era would have been a GREAT mix with the plethora of real good RBs the Vikings had at that time! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mason has been struggling with this QB thing, but I think he??™s about to get through it. If we could get his parents over it he (and we) would all be much better off. The fact is that NO ONE with the exceptions of Matt McClellan, Trevor Crump, Jason Arnold and Keenan should feel secure in their positions with Mason trying to find his way back on the field. If he puts his mind and heart into it he could and will (if the coaches are truly looking for the best person for the spot) take any other position on the field. Of course I have to follow that up with the ???IMO??? disclaimer or some of you will go nuts. He is easily one of the top three athletes on the team, very smart when it comes to the sport, great size, descent speed, and great competitor. One of the coaches told me that they wanted him to play OLB, but IMO we need him in the secondary. So I wish he would let the QB thing go and let Mays whip him into shape??¦it would help the team and he could still make all conference.

About my two...you are right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />