BGA v. Father Ryan

Hawse40

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coach Tim Johnson and his staff. Football is 80% attitude, 15% skill, and 5% luck. What BGA has needed for several years is a little bit of Tim Johnson's Attitude. Now that they have it, and a bunch of skill, well the luck will take care of itself. Congratulations to what I hope will be a continued great dynasty in Williamson County ( As long as they don't play FHS)

Congratulations to Coach Tim Johnson and his staff. Football is 80% attitude, 15% skill, and 5% luck. What BGA has needed for several years is a little bit of Tim Johnson's Attitude. Now that they have it, and a bunch of skill, well the luck will take care of itself. Congratulations to what I hope will be a continued great dynasty in Williamson County ( As long as they don't play FHS)

BigDog, you can't compare BGA with Franklin High, FHS has 300 kids in the Freshman class, BGA has only 300 kids in the whole High School. BGA is much improved from a couple of years ago but they are still a team with a ways to go. They will be competitive every week and they do have a different attitude now, they have 3 legit D1 kids on the roster and they all transferred in during their Freshman year, so they have grown together and it is finally paying off for them and the school. BGA should be a playoff contender in DII but depth is always a problem at a school with such a small student body. Comparing BGA to Franklin is like comparing Vandy to Southern Cal, at this point just two different worlds. BGA should actually be playing in the DII A division with the likes of Davidson Academy but they chose to move up and play with the BA's and MBA's, I commend them because they want to compete with the best the state has to offer and yes BA and MBA are two of the best in the state. They have won over 90% of the match ups with Public School teams they have faced, no matter what division the Public School Team was in. BGA GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY AND KEEP THE ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't comparing BGA to Franklin. It read to me this way: "Congratulations... we wish you all the luck in the world, unless you play us."

I agree with bdd's sentiment 100%. Coach TJ is special and he always manages to get the best out of his teams. BGA will be back to the prominence they held in the late 90s in no time. I wish BGA all the best for this year and in the future. It looks very promising as you've got some great students and a special coaching staff. I can't wait to catch one of your home games. BGA always has a great home atmosphere.

Football Doc- I want to catch a game or two of BGA's to see what Johnson has put together this year. Who are the key players?? Who other than the Ramsey kid do you see as D1 potentials. I love the attitude that his teams bring to the field. Anxious to see what Marty has put together on the offense. Wish them much luck and hope they continue to be successful!

McPhail was a tremendous wide reciever last year. They should really put Stoeffer at quarterback and McPhail at reciever to make any prgoress seeing how Mark Mulloy is not playing due to injury.

But, thats hard when McPhail is the coach's son

This game was lost due to coaching. Why were they running out of the shotgun with first down and and less than 1 yard for the TD? Three plays did not work, so they had to settle for the field goal. The punter was backed up in the endzone when the kick was blocked. This is due to the offense's inability to get a first down. #8 couldn't get it done in the JP2 game, so #5 came in and won it. Why didn't the coaches employ the same strategy against BGA???