Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

If the 'Devils had won this game it would not have been an upset. Give Greeneville respect because they are a handful. If MoEast and MoWest beat Greenville then hold on to your pants Southers. Greeneville was ready for the running game. With 8 in the box all night they virtually shut Fletcher down. Notwithstanding his never give up runs in the 4th. You could see from the very first play we were flat. We never really woke up. Thanks to the multiple facets we have we were able to shift gears and continue to move. Kudos to (Mr.) KK, Spumoni, and (YEAH) Seth Watterson. Watterson's sickness is all but subsided and the evidence showed. Oh, and not to forget the gasoline...that would be Bradley. The Rebel D in all of it's shortcomings has a knack for capitolizing on opposing O's mistakes. How many tackles did Ty have? 18? Anyway, we needed this game to smack us into reality. I think it worked. When we come together and play a complete ballgame we will be unstoppable. Only thing I can think of is I would have given Clint the ball more to help confuse their D a little better. Good to get the win.

Greenville people...what a battle! I say we played flat but part of that was because you flattened us. With Barner healthy...different story. You succeeded in containing #15. I'm sure that was your goal. Our WR's were on and without a double team they will catch the ball. I think it's safe to say that the score did not tell the tale. Until we meet again...Rebel Nation.

The Z-man came up big again this week, last week on Def. and this week on Off.--great catch with one foot very close to the end-line. SW with at least 4 clutch catches, some of them for a first down that kept the drive alive---he stepped up big time. Congrats, SW---I was proud of him and hopes he continues to contribute at that level. SW just needs to get a little mentally tougher and he's there, IMO---he could be big in the scheme. TF--well, G'ville came to stop him--that was apparent--but still got >100 yds---that one run was just unbelievable? No, amazing, but not unbelievable. Secondary looked much better. Linebackers played well enough.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 'Devils had won this game it would not have been an upset. Give Greeneville respect because they are a handful. If MoEast and MoWest beat Greenville then hold on to your pants Southers. Greeneville was ready for the running game. With 8 in the box all night they virtually shut Fletcher down. Notwithstanding his never give up runs in the 4th. You could see from the very first play we were flat. We never really woke up. Thanks to the multiple facets we have we were able to shift gears and continue to move. Kudos to (Mr.) KK, Spumoni, and (YEAH) Seth Watterson. Watterson's sickness is all but subsided and the evidence showed. Oh, and not to forget the gasoline...that would be Bradley. The Rebel D in all of it's shortcomings has a knack for capitolizing on opposing O's mistakes. How many tackles did Ty have? 18? Anyway, we needed this game to smack us into reality. I think it worked. When we come together and play a complete ballgame we will be unstoppable. Only thing I can think of is I would have given Clint the ball more to help confuse their D a little better. Good to get the win.

Greenville people...what a battle! I say we played flat but part of that was because you flattened us. With Barner healthy...different story. You succeeded in containing #15. I'm sure that was your goal. Our WR's were on and without a double team they will catch the ball. I think it's safe to say that the score did not tell the tale. Until we meet again...Rebel Nation.

Great win for the Rebels and kudos to the Devils for a great effort. Greenway is the "CP" of NET this year in terms of physical play. South was not flat, they were in a ball game for once with someone who could hit back. With apologies to JC, I don't anyone else up here can test SS until the Betsy - THS - South trifecta at the end of the season. And I don't either of them are comparable to G-ville with a healthy Barner. Don't know if Barner will be healthy again this year. All in all, the Rebel Nation should be real happy with this game.

With a MLC schedule that is back end loaded, South has needed this G'ville game the past few years to help gain confidence and learn how to get better. It will be interesting to see if this series survives the upcoming reclassification. I suspect not - a pity.

Greenville looked great and gave me nothing short of the game I expected to see. Greenway...............well.......I've heard all the rumors n such which I take with a grain of salt. For a guy to go thru what he has over the last few years and be in the position he is as a leader of his team............Kudos for keeping your head high and continuing to do what you do best. Class act on his behalf helping the cramping Rebel during the game, he showed sportsmanship start to finish. Kid has a future for sure, GREAT athlete.

Now back to the QB ranking gods on this post, Cap are you a South fan or what? Must be your always here running your mouth. If your a DB or SH fan do us all a favor and stay on thier forums. You shouldnt come in here and Dis a Kid that has worked so hard to be where he is, and doing a GREAT job at it. Basically you didnt come out and say it but you assumed the recruiting is a lie I take it. Takes a real man to down a teenager in a computer forum.

Greenville looked great and gave me nothing short of the game I expected to see. Greenway...............well.......I've heard all the rumors n such which I take with a grain of salt. For a guy to go thru what he has over the last few years and be in the position he is as a leader of his team............Kudos for keeping your head high and continuing to do what you do best. Class act on his behalf helping the cramping Rebel during the game, he showed sportsmanship start to finish. Kid has a future for sure, GREAT athlete.

Now back to the QB ranking gods on this post, Cap are you a South fan or what? Must be your always here running your mouth. If your a DB or SH fan do us all a favor and stay on thier forums. You shouldnt come in here and Dis a Kid that has worked so hard to be where he is, and doing a GREAT job at it. Basically you didnt come out and say it but you assumed the recruiting is a lie I take it. Takes a real man to down a teenager in a computer forum.

I like the Greeneville offense and thought coming into that game,it could score on anybody.My concern for the Devils was in the run defense.I would have been there if my son's team had been open.South is the team to beat,but TH and Greeneville have the people to challenge this year.This was a good win for all my buddies kids who play at South and something for my old highschool to build upon.Sorry to have DB ties and post on your forum,but I seen Greenway and the Devils play Jeff co. and said this offensive team and QB are very good and will beat some people up this year.Good luck to both and get those Morristown teams Greeneville.

I like the Greeneville offense and thought coming into that game,it could score on anybody.My concern for the Devils was in the run defense.I would have been there if my son's team had been open.South is the team to beat,but TH and Greeneville have the people to challenge this year.This was a good win for all my buddies kids who play at South and something for my old highschool to build upon.Sorry to have DB ties and post on your forum,but I seen Greenway and the Devils play Jeff co. and said this offensive team and QB are very good and will beat some people up this year.Good luck to both and get those Morristown teams Greeneville.

With a post like that, you have no reason to apologize for posting on a South thread. You're correct, G'V has an excellent team and G'way is a talent. I'd like to watch him again, against someone else, so I can enjoy watching him --- without being stessed the entire game.

I really don't understand how cap "dis'd" bradley. . . . . . . He (a long with several other people) is just in disbelief that he is getting those kinds of looks. Cap said he is possibly the best QB in the conference? How is that "dis'ing" a kid? Most of kids don't have the ability to make it to the next level whether it be D I, II, or III. Only 5.7% of the high school football players go on to play college football at any level. He is special just to be apart of that elite group. I'm sorry that you aren't satisfied if he doesn't get a D I scholarship. I mean college is college. If a kid is getting looked at by anyone that is a awesome no matter where he is going. I mean if you don't like the fact that he probably won't play at WVU or VT then you are being ridiculous. I know the kid is an excelent athlete and an excelent person, but he has only started 3 games in his high school career. That isn't his fault either that an excelent QB was starting over him because bradley would have started anywhere in the area. If he would have played elsewhere and started for 2-3 years than yes i would believe that he is getting looked at by those schools, but in my opinion, i just don't see it happening.

I really don't understand how cap "dis'd" bradley. . . . . . . He (a long with several other people) is just in disbelief that he is getting those kinds of looks. Cap said he is possibly the best QB in the conference? How is that "dis'ing" a kid? Most of kids don't have the ability to make it to the next level whether it be D I, II, or III. Only 5.7% of the high school football players go on to play college football at any level. He is special just to be apart of that elite group. I'm sorry that you aren't satisfied if he doesn't get a D I scholarship. I mean college is college. If a kid is getting looked at by anyone that is a awesome no matter where he is going. I mean if you don't like the fact that he probably won't play at WVU or VT then you are being ridiculous. I know the kid is an excelent athlete and an excelent person, but he has only started 3 games in his high school career. That isn't his fault either that an excelent QB was starting over him because bradley would have started anywhere in the area. If he would have played elsewhere and started for 2-3 years than yes i would believe that he is getting looked at by those schools, but in my opinion, i just don't see it happening.

Just because Curt was a 3 year starter doesn't mean anything. It is very seldom...no it almost never happens that a player starts before his Senior year. Especially in successful programs. Jamie Crawford is case in point. He is leading DB with aplomb. Bradley will be fine. By playoff time he will be high dollar. Curt's situation at South was an extremely unique one. Not only was he the best QB but he was the best RB also. Not to mention return man DB etc...Curt's experience ballooned because if he wasn't throwing it he was running it. He came to rely on himself because that was the percentage choice for success on any given play. Bradley can't get his confidence ballooned by being a one man show because he has to share. If we had a meciocre' RB then Bradley would be a one man show also. And it's not the one man show thing it's the offense we run. Not just any RB can aclimate to the spread option. It is different. It takes a special RB to have success out of this O. But we happen to have one that understands it. It took Taylor 3 years to understand it. I mean I think it is evident that he is a different RB than last year. Suffice to say that Curt's ability level was a few notches above anyone in the state not just in our area. Can Bradley get to that point? Not overnight. Be patient, Bradley is not going to be signing with anybody next week. He is still learning the game. If he is getting communication from major colleges it's because of "potential". Don't you think a coach can see what could be? Look at Tyler Gaby. Don't you see the potential there? Do you already have to be a celebrated athlete to get a D1 ride. I don't think so. I think depending on the school and the needs they have to fulfill they can see the potential in someone and sign them based on that alone. That's why they are coaches of these programs. So does Bradley have that potential? I will let you be the judge of that. But one thing is for sure...when you see each game bette than the last it might be an indication that he has something to offer.

Just because Curt was a 3 year starter doesn't mean anything. It is very seldom...no it almost never happens that a player starts before his Senior year. Especially in successful programs. Jamie Crawford is case in point. He is leading DB with aplomb. Bradley will be fine. By playoff time he will be high dollar. Curt's situation at South was an extremely unique one. Not only was he the best QB but he was the best RB also. Not to mention return man DB etc...Curt's experience ballooned because if he wasn't throwing it he was running it. He came to rely on himself because that was the percentage choice for success on any given play. Bradley can't get his confidence ballooned by being a one man show because he has to share. If we had a meciocre' RB then Bradley would be a one man show also. And it's not the one man show thing it's the offense we run. Not just any RB can aclimate to the spread option. It is different. It takes a special RB to have success out of this O. But we happen to have one that understands it. It took Taylor 3 years to understand it. I mean I think it is evident that he is a different RB than last year. Suffice to say that Curt's ability level was a few notches above anyone in the state not just in our area. Can Bradley get to that point? Not overnight. Be patient, Bradley is not going to be signing with anybody next week. He is still learning the game. If he is getting communication from major colleges it's because of "potential". Don't you think a coach can see what could be? Look at Tyler Gaby. Don't you see the potential there? Do you already have to be a celebrated athlete to get a D1 ride. I don't think so. I think depending on the school and the needs they have to fulfill they can see the potential in someone and sign them based on that alone. That's why they are coaches of these programs. So does Bradley have that potential? I will let you be the judge of that. But one thing is for sure...when you see each game bette than the last it might be an indication that he has something to offer.

I realize that it is rare for players not to start until their senior year. The reason i brought it up was because i think if he would have started somewhere else he would have improved significantly year after year. I know he has improved through practice and the 2nd half of games throughout the past 2 years but that is a whole lot different than starting. I also agree by the end of the season he will be a force to be reckoned with and by then we will really be able to give our opinions on where he will go.

I keep seeing no starts till his Senior year in High School, well know a lil more before posting. As a Freshman he was invited to Varsity, but was the starting freshman QB then Starting JV QB for 2 years while still playing on varsity all of these years. If you followed ALL high school football and not just varsity you would see how scouts n such can see a Kids potential while scouting others well before becoming a varsity starter.

I would have to look them up myself but his stats thruout high school speak for themselves.

???You shouldn??™t come in here and Dis a Kid that has worked so hard bla bla bla bla bla??¦??¦???! Do you really think you are the first to make that repetitious statement? OMG I??™m getting so tired of hearing these politically correct Clowns cry about how you might be hurting little ???Johnny??™s??? feelings by giving him a does of REALITY! The truth may hurt your feelings and even your pride??¦but a lie could ruin your life if you??™re not careful. One of these days one of these kids could look back and read these post and say ???man??¦Cap was right /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ??¦you lied to me???. And then you can say ???son I did it to protect you from the REAL WORLD???. HELLO??¦if you haven??™t realized it??™s usually only the strong that get ahead in this world and even they have to know somebody!! Heck??¦my own son STILL thinks he has a chance to play over seas. But I quickly tell him that he better finish his education because after two more years the only basketball he will more than likely be playing will be at the Y. And then I tell him to look around at all your feinds that were exceptional college athletes and thought the same thing, and my point is proven. I??™m not saying to shatter a kids dream, but while you??™re aiming for the stars make sure you have the moon in sight??¦because that??™s where you will probably end up??¦if you??™re lucky. True story??¦I have a friend that was drafted to the NFL and was cut from two different teams in two consecutive seasons during the preseason because of injury. He went on to have a short but successful carrier in Arena Football in NC, and then he turned to selling cars in Nashville. For many years we never saw or heard from him and he was very distant. His Mom told me that he recently got a head coaching position at a high school in Maryland. I saw him at his Father??™s funeral and convinced him to come over. During our catching up I asked him why we never heard from him all these years. His reply was that he was embarrassed about his failure in the NFL and was ashamed to face any of the home town people and friends because there was so much expectation of him and the NFL that he felt he let everybody down. You see??¦that bar you??™re hanging WAYYYYY up there for BD could just hang him one day??¦if you??™re not careful.

i"m not sure what exactly you meant by "college is college"---but college "ain't" college. If you are wanting to play college football and then work for the highway department , well, o.k., but if you have high academic expectations, then "college is---NOT---college". I'd rather go to Princeton and be water-boy than be the star at many other colleges. I'm not making an argument related to your post, as much as simply making a statement.

What are you talking about? Chances are if you go to any college you probably aren't gonna be working for the highway dept. Of course you would rather go to an ivy league school but if you want to compare colleges for academics i would rather send my kid to a private school like Carson Newman, Tusculum, and even Emory & Henry rather then a big D I school like UT or WVU. I can guarantee you that you won't be working for the highway dept if you go to one of these schools. But all in all its his decision where he wants to go.

I realize that it is rare for players not to start until their senior year. The reason i brought it up was because i think if he would have started somewhere else he would have improved significantly year after year. I know he has improved through practice and the 2nd half of games throughout the past 2 years but that is a whole lot different than starting. I also agree by the end of the season he will be a force to be reckoned with and by then we will really be able to give our opinions on where he will go.

I'm going to have to change my statement. . . . . Look at last years seniors. There are only a couple of starters that didn't start until their senior year: Hopkins, Harless, and Acero (which didn't even play his soph or junior year) How many seniors on this years starting line-up didn't start last year? 2? 3? My point is that its pretty common to start before your senior year.