Oakland Franklin county.

im_tj_m

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in. Great game, the score didn't tell the tale of this one. I thought the Rebs played a hard game on defense and Shedd did a good job throwin the ball. The refs were really bad like I have never seen but that junk happens. No one thought the Rebs could hang with Oakland and for most of the game the Rebs were right there with them. Do we have any injuires? I saw the docs working on a lot of players.

ELA another gracious loss, a loss just the same!!!!!

Well HAWG, you must have not been at the old ball game tonight! Yeah the Rebels did lose but they are getting better. Only 6 or 7 wins in the past three seasons until this year and no playoffs. This year I believe they will be in the playoffs and I bet you they win two or three more games. I know Rebel fans are being more patient than usual so the old SouthernPride thinks we need to see where the fish are bitten and hit the lake early in the morning. I got my tackle box loaded and I think its gonna be a great day on the lake! There ain't no problem that a good day of fishin can't fix. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just got in. Great game, the score didn't tell the tale of this one. I thought the Rebs played a hard game on defense and Shedd did a good job throwin the ball. The refs were really bad like I have never seen but that junk happens. No one thought the Rebs could hang with Oakland and for most of the game the Rebs were right there with them. Do we have any injuires? I saw the docs working on a lot of players.

FC did play hard and for a quarter or so, brought the fight to Oakland. However, Oakland did some things to beat themselves, such as not finishing on oppurtunities they had such as the long kickoff return by boyd and the dropped td pass by Blissard. The officiating might have missed some calls, but it was pretty even on both sides, which is all you can really ask for, they missed.

Franklin Co. kind of took Oakland by suprise on that 1st drive but afterwards Oakland did a good job of shutting down the Rebel offense for the most part. No matter what scheme you run, its hard to be able to consistently run on Oakland. Oakland has done a good job the past 2 weeks of dealing with the bullseye on their backs and converting it into a solid win. They will need another good effort next friday against a very good Wilson Central team

Congrats to Oakland. It sounds like we are doing the same as last yr . Playing great one week and overlooking the next week. At least this year we are up for the region games and flat on the non-region ones. With our region so down this year, that is going to be a free ride for us but it will come to the point where we are playing back to back region games so we have to overcome the mental thing and play to win from the first snap of the ball. We need to stay hungry each week . We are in the driver's seat for the region title though so it is alllllllllllllllllllllllllll good!

I wasn't there so I don't really know any details about the game. I do think it is humorous that OP is missing Amey and Barrett after saying a week ago that we could go w/o them and not miss a step. He didn't see very many games last yr and really didn't know what a force those two guys are to our Defense! Their leadership and experience are beyond compare !I think it was smart to sit them out this week....we NEED them strong and 100% for the region clashes we have coming up. I don't really like Homecoming anyway and all the silliness that goes along with them , but I hope we had a great crowd and I DID hate missing my hot dogs! But I will be there to see us take on WC next week!

I am in Lexington right now waiting to see my Wildcats take on the Raiders. I will be looking for tdntn.......EXCEPT if we end up getting upset. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Keep your fingers crossed THE SOLID ONE!! Go CATS! That's the UK kind, not the WC kind!

I was at the game and really enjoyed it myself. I was a little disappointed with Oakland's execution the first half. Being a former O-lineman, I really watched how they played. They were getting mashed the first half by a larger FC D-line, but time wore on and Oakland got into gear.

Just a side note to anybody in Oakland student section, GET LOUD! 8 guys were louder than the entire student body last night. It was good to see support by Alumni tonight.

Well HAWG, you must have not been at the old ball game tonight! Yeah the Rebels did lose but they are getting better. Only 6 or 7 wins in the past three seasons until this year and no playoffs. This year I believe they will be in the playoffs and I bet you they win two or three more games. I know Rebel fans are being more patient than usual so the old SouthernPride thinks we need to see where the fish are bitten and hit the lake early in the morning. I got my tackle box loaded and I think its gonna be a great day on the lake! There ain't no problem that a good day of fishin can't fix. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well southernpride I will bet you that if rebs go to the playoffs they will have to win at least two or three more games.

Congrats to Oakland. It sounds like we are doing the same as last yr . Playing great one week and overlooking the next week. At least this year we are up for the region games and flat on the non-region ones. With our region so down this year, that is going to be a free ride for us but it will come to the point where we are playing back to back region games so we have to overcome the mental thing and play to win from the first snap of the ball. We need to stay hungry each week . We are in the driver's seat for the region title though so it is alllllllllllllllllllllllllll good!

I wasn't there so I don't really know any details about the game. I do think it is humorous that OP is missing Amey and Barrett after saying a week ago that we could go w/o them and not miss a step. He didn't see very many games last yr and really didn't know what a force those two guys are to our Defense! Their leadership and experience are beyond compare !I think it was smart to sit them out this week....we NEED them strong and 100% for the region clashes we have coming up. I don't really like Homecoming anyway and all the silliness that goes along with them , but I hope we had a great crowd and I DID hate missing my hot dogs! But I will be there to see us take on WC next week!

I am in Lexington right now waiting to see my Wildcats take on the Raiders. I will be looking for tdntn.......EXCEPT if we end up getting upset. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Keep your fingers crossed THE SOLID ONE!! Go CATS! That's the UK kind, not the WC kind!

Since whenever Oakland struggles does it always have to be that Oakland is overlooking a opponent? Plus, I dont think you can really compare this years team to last year when they have already more games than last years team did. You can have so so games while still pretty focused. As for Amey aand Barrett, they are key cogs on the offensive line, the defensive line has been just as good in their absence. I dont like to trump up guys more important than the team but its obvious with the way that Oakland does things on offense that Oakland needs them, although if Precious breaks off some more runs like he did last night, Oakland may not need much blocking /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think we did a good job in the 2nd half of keeping the rebels off balanced and tired, It enabled us to get the W. Big test #2 comes next week

You are right, the officials did miss the motion by the FC left tackle on their TD, otherwise this game was a shutout. I didn't like that they wound the clock when there was a change of possession at the end of the game. The game was over, but they shouldn't break the rules just to get home 30 seconds earlier.