4 St Agnes 3-1-1 5

5 GPS 3-1-1 4

6 Father Ryan 5-1-1 7

7 Brentwood Acdy 4-0-1 6

8 Pope John Paul II 1-3-3 10

9 Harpeth Hall 2-1-0 11

10 Hutchison 0-3-1 8

11 Ensworth 0-4-0 9

Thoughts, Comments......Mr300 you made me go there with your earlier post. Have at it!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more coaches to particpate! Emails were sent out earlier last week for participation. In order for this to be a more accurate ranking, more coaches need to participate!

Apathy can not be tollerated from high school coaches. We (coaches) must be the first line in promoting our sport. Rankings such as Eurosport are a direct indication of the level of organization within our sport. This is the only state wide ranking aside from "mjub". Newspapers do their best but, they only offer regional rankings.

Ask your coach if they participate. There are links on the eurosport website for contact purposes.

There are some significant absenses from the euro rankings, most notably - Riverdale. Plus I don't see how BGA could be ranked ahead of Baylor.

We need more coaches to particpate! Emails were sent out earlier last week for participation. In order for this to be a more accurate ranking, more coaches need to participate!

Apathy can not be tollerated from high school coaches. We (coaches) must be the first line in promoting our sport. Rankings such as Eurosport are a direct indication of the level of organization within our sport. This is the only state wide ranking aside from "mjub". Newspapers do their best but, they only offer regional rankings.

Ask your coach if they participate. There are links on the eurosport website for contact purposes.

There are some significant absenses from the euro rankings, most notably - Riverdale. Plus I don't see how BGA could be ranked ahead of Baylor.

Coach, While I agree with your comments. Are coaches the most qualified to be voting in a poll? Now wait ...Let me explain. Coaches teach class all day, either pratice their teams or have games after school everyday, Most have a family so that doesn't leave alot of time to see or scout other teams. I guess what am trying to say is You guys are so busy how can you keep up with all the teams around the state.

Coach, While I agree with your comments. Are coaches the most qualified to be voting in a poll? Now wait ...Let me explain. Coaches teach class all day, either pratice their teams or have games after school everyday, Most have a family so that doesn't leave alot of time to see or scout other teams. I guess what am trying to say is You guys are so busy how can you keep up with all the teams around the state.

MVM - I agree. But, if not coaches, then who?

I agree totally. However, it is frustrating to try to get this set up and never hear back from the admin.

I hope that the response time has improved as I know several coaches who have sent emails to the person in charge of the site so that they can get things set up so that they may vote and only heard back months later (and often times never heard back).

Bill may need a little help. I am sure his plate is full and I am assuming that he is still the admin of euro (though I may be wrong there)

I agree totally. However, it is frustrating to try to get this set up and never hear back from the admin.

I hope that the response time has improved as I know several coaches who have sent emails to the person in charge of the site so that they can get things set up so that they may vote and only heard back months later (and often times never heard back).

Bill may need a little help. I am sure his plate is full and I am assuming that he is still the admin of euro (though I may be wrong there)

I agree that it took me forever to get set up for adm rights a couple of years ago, but I have pointed out a couple of issues this year and Bill has jumped on them in hours. Maybe they respond quicker to those already set up, but they seem to be much more on top of team info. Now rankings are another thing.

MVM - I agree. But, if not coaches, then who?

I think turn it over to MJ. LOL. He's got it right more often than not.

But seriously ...Why do we have a poll, It means NOTHING except for parents to get mad about and some coaches to exploit. TN HS soccer has a play-off system, and pretty much everything is settled on the field. If Euro would like to list who's ahead in their district's or Region in a box score, like Baseball does, I think that would be better.

I guess it boils down to this, Euro sport needs to get it as right as possible (which is not happening) or do away with the rankings. Because I have seen their rankings published in different magazines across the south.

See G I was nice. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No comments on the rankings, just a question. Since CoachT has the ability to keep the schedules and scores, there is something under the hood where all this data resides. What about an Elo type rating system for soccer? It would be dependant on scores and schedules being updated, but it seems like that happens pretty well with all the folks looking at the board. The only downfall would be that it would not account for opponents from out of state. I can't imagine that is more than 50 to 60 games a season. It wouldn't be perfect, but I believe that it could give a fairly accurate projection. Just a thought.