A/AA STATE

seymourbutts1

who are the favorites out of each region to make it to the state tournament? who will win the a/aa state crown? and the best individuals who will win their individual regions that will most likely take home the state championship? any opinions or predictions out there?

i just know middle tennessee and the best teams that could move on are cpa or goodpasture the other region dekalb and maybe portland?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are the favorites out of each region to make it to the state tournament? who will win the a/aa state crown? and the best individuals who will win their individual regions that will most likely take home the state championship? any opinions or predictions out there?

i just know middle tennessee and the best teams that could move on are cpa or goodpasture the other region dekalb and maybe portland?

Dekalb County is on their way to the state. They won their region today with the top two medalist Payne Denman shot a 68 and Austin Garrett had a 72. They beat Station Camp by 1 stroke.

I know CPA and dekalb are 2 favorites

CPA won their district with 2nd and 3rd medalists at 71- Taylor and Peyton Deming behind Tyler Smith who shot 67 and is definitely a favorite as an individual along with Taylor Deming, and Payne Denman

I am not sure about any teams outside of CPA and dekalb that are threats to the state title

CPA won their district with 2nd and 3rd medalists at 71- Taylor and Peyton Deming behind Tyler Smith who shot 67 and is definitely a favorite as an individual along with Taylor Deming, and Payne Denman

I am not sure about any teams outside of CPA and dekalb that are threats to the state title

notre dame is on there way to state. they were 3 out of 4 medalist. Kyle Wittler Austin Bingham and Richard Powell

watch out boys here come the irish

does anybody know all eight teams participating in a/aa state? i know of dekalb, notre dame, and cpa. if you know all teams just rank them from one to eight.

Grainger isn't going to win because...well they were 51 shots back after the first day is why...but they're playing better the second day so far after the front nine. Not a bad showing in all...first state tournament in the new school after 9-10 (not totally sure on the exact number) appearances from 1989 when the program started to 2007 at Rutledge.

What happened to the kid from USJ. I think it was Talkington and his parents were the coaches of the teams? He should be a Junior or Senior this year. I have not seen any of his scores and he was a great player

He and family moved to somewhere in Florida. I think he is near a golf academy there. Extended family lives there and assuming that they moved back to be near them and golf instruction. He was definitely missed this year on the USJ golf team.

CPA just won! by 12!

Christ Presbyterian Academy 609, Anderson County 628, DeKalb County 632, Notre Dame 633, University School of Jackson 647, Loretto 671, Grainger 693, Madison Academic 719.

top ten individuals

Payne Denman (Jr.), DeKalb County 67-72--139

Greg Kitts (Sr.), Anderson County 71-72--143

Taylor Deming (Sr.), Christ Presbyterian Academy 73-72--145

Clay Harbin (Jr.), University School of Jackson 74-72--146

Nick Willenburg (Jr.), Knoxville Catholic 74-73--147

Blake Burgett (So.), Christ Presbyterian Academy 73-75--148

Grant Daugherty (Fr.), Alcoa 74-76--150

Kyle Long (Sr.), Humboldt 76-74--150

Stewart Oldham (Jr.), Station Camp 72-78--150

Brett Barry (Sr.), Jackson Christian 74-77--151

Spencer Harmon (Jr.), Claiborne County 78-73--151

Congrats to CPA and Mr Denman.

CPA is the A/AA state champ with a victory by 19 strokes

Anderson Co. finished 2nd followed by Dekalb Co. who was tied with CPA after the first day

Payne Denman won medalist with a 5 under for the tourney

Congrats to CPA and Payne Denman

Congratulations to Payne this is a great achievement and well deserved. Until the privates are put into their own Classification it will almost be impossible for the public/county schools to compete. When you can recruit player after player from all over the place it makes it so much easier to not only compete but win on a regular basis. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />