A/AA STATE

seymourbutts1

Congratulations to Payne this is a great achievement and well deserved. Until the privates are put into their own Classification it will almost be impossible for the public/county schools to compete. When you can recruit player after player from all over the place it makes it so much easier to not only compete but win on a regular basis. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Give it a rest.....my gosh. Maybe they could just multiply any of the private school individual scores by 1.8 and maybe you would be happy. Geez........

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Payne this is a great achievement and well deserved. Until the privates are put into their own Classification it will almost be impossible for the public/county schools to compete. When you can recruit player after player from all over the place it makes it so much easier to not only compete but win on a regular basis. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Please elaborate what that has to do with a kid going out and playing golf every day and getting better. Last I checked, neither private, nor public schools teach golf during any of their block schedules...Show some real class and congratulate the winners without any "qualifying statements".

Great job Lady Bruins and especially to Katherine Bell.....awesome play the last two days!!!

Please elaborate what that has to do with a kid going out and playing golf every day and getting better. Last I checked, neither private, nor public schools teach golf during any of their block schedules...Show some real class and congratulate the winners without any "qualifying statements".

Great job Lady Bruins and especially to Katherine Bell.....awesome play the last two days!!!

Think what he was saying is when kids from different geographic areas attend private schools to play a particular sport it greatly handicaps the schools that only get kids that are from that county or that particular zone. Unlike the privates who get kids to come to their school from all over which i totally agree is an unfair advantage and needs to be addressed at some point. congrats to all the individuals who won and to the teams public or private.

top ten individuals

Payne Denman (Jr.), DeKalb County 67-72--139

Greg Kitts (Sr.), Anderson County 71-72--143

Taylor Deming (Sr.), Christ Presbyterian Academy 73-72--145

Clay Harbin (Jr.), University School of Jackson 74-72--146

Nick Willenburg (Jr.), Knoxville Catholic 74-73--147

Blake Burgett (So.), Christ Presbyterian Academy 73-75--148

Grant Daugherty (Fr.), Alcoa 74-76--150

Kyle Long (Sr.), Humboldt 76-74--150

Stewart Oldham (Jr.), Station Camp 72-78--150

Brett Barry (Sr.), Jackson Christian 74-77--151

Spencer Harmon (Jr.), Claiborne County 78-73--151

2 of the top 3 from public high schools, and 6 of the top 10???? Say it ain't so private bashers...

BTW, Congratulations to all the participants at State, including those who came in 11th, 12th, ??¦.

First of all, Congratulations to the CPA team, and to Denman.

Secondly, are you saying that CPA's first ever state title in golf, and the school's 4th title in all sports, was not a great achievement and well deserved? Why would you ever say that about any team who wins a state title. I know all the boys on CPA's team (all of whom have been at CPA since elementary), and I can tell you first hand that this title was a culmination of their hard word and dedication to the sport for a number of years. Trying to belittle it and making recruiting accusations is childish and absurd. Please know what you are talking before you comment. How dare you, a man of 43 years old, diminish these kids achievements. If thats what you enjoy doing, then get off of Coacht, because that is not what this is for. CPA has never recruited a player for any sport, and that is why they are not in DII, because CPA is not just about athletics. As I said, unless CPA was out on the courses scouting Pre-K kids 13 years ago, your statement is completely invalid.

No team in class A/AA can recruit public or private.

CPA did not recruit any of there players. The public schools have the advantage over the private schools because the private schools have to multiply there enrollment by 1.8 and play with public schools almost twice there size. CPA won on hard work not recruiting. The schools that recruit are in D2 like Baylor and MBA. Besides no schools even recruit for golf anyways except maybe Baylor, and no schools can recruit legally they can only give financial aid to kids that want to go to their schools and need the money. Don't take away anything from private schools they are at the disadvantage.

Congratulations again to CPA and Payne Denman for their hard earned accomplishments.

First of all, Congratulations to the CPA team, and to Denman.

Secondly, are you saying that CPA's first ever state title in golf, and the school's 4th title in all sports, was not a great achievement and well deserved? Why would you ever say that about any team who wins a state title. I know all the boys on CPA's team (all of whom have been at CPA since elementary), and I can tell you first hand that this title was a culmination of their hard word and dedication to the sport for a number of years. Trying to belittle it and making recruiting accusations is childish and absurd. Please know what you are talking before you comment. How dare you, a man of 43 years old, diminish these kids achievements. If thats what you enjoy doing, then get off of Coacht, because that is not what this is for. CPA has never recruited a player for any sport, and that is why they are not in DII, because CPA is not just about athletics. As I said, unless CPA was out on the courses scouting Pre-K kids 13

years ago, your statement is completely invalid.

I never said the achievements of any team wasn't well deserved or that the young men and women that play the game don't work hard so make sure you state facts when you're talking about one of my posts! You obviously don't have a clue about high school athletics, and know nothing about what goes on. I don't care if all the kids have been there from day one, they don't come from a geographically zoned area now do they? No they don't so don't insult my intelligence with this idiotic post about private schools not recruitng. Its a known fact that they do however take nothing away from these kids accomplishments, they still had to tee it up and compete and they did and congrats to them for that. Just don't get back on CoachT and insult everyone's intelligence about what goes on behind the scenes. As for me leaving this website, well that won't happen, been here alot longer than you have and will be here after you're gone. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Here's the bottom line folks.......take any and all discussion of private/public to the appropriate place if you want to discuss the issue. You both make good points, but they simply do not belong here. There should be no qualifications put on talk of the state championships in golf or any other sport for that matter. Your back and forth accusations are boring and childish to those of us who desire to read about the accomplishments of these fine high school golfers and golf teams.

Here's the bottom line folks.......take any and all discussion of private/public to the appropriate place if you want to discuss the issue. You both make good points, but they simply do not belong here. There should be no qualifications put on talk of the state championships in golf or any other sport for that matter. Your back and forth accusations are boring and childish to those of us who desire to read about the accomplishments of these fine high school golfers and golf teams.

AMEN.....Ya still gotta put it in the cup! Congrats to all of the winning teams and individuals.