Congrats to 2 TN Teams on making NATIONAL RANKINGS!

fargen01

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Nashville, TN) Montgomery Bell Academy at #39 and (Maryville, TN) Maryville at #44 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !!! These are the only 2 teams from Tennessee that made it in the top 100.

Here is the link: http://highschool.Unapproved Website/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=457

wait wait wait. something isnt right with that. what are sportswriters or whoever else votes on these mindless national polls doing in placing a patsy Division II team in front of a TN public school power house? ha.

looks like the followers/supporters of DII-AAA aren't the only ones that realize it's the top notch in TN high school football.

(Nashville, TN) Montgomery Bell Academy at #39 and (Maryville, TN) Maryville at #44 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !!! These are the only 2 teams from Tennessee that made it in the top 100.

Here is the link: http://highschool.Unapproved Website/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=457

good stuff...

i've got a question. if maryville didnt have a 64 game win streak...would they even be in this poll? i think reputation has way to much to do with this. I know for a fact maryville isnt the 44th best football team...heck if they played in georgia, florida, alabama, california, they wouldnt be number 44 in the state. i dont mean to hate, its just that tennessee football is really quite awful compared to powerhouse football states. i cant speak for MBA because im not familar with their team or who they play, etc...but i have heard they are legit

National high school rankings are indeed tough to swallow, considering that there are, what, 10,000+ high schools to assess? Heck, rankings of 120 or so FCS (Division I-A) college teams causes enough controversy, particularly around BCS bowl season.

Nevertheless, these rankings are here to stay, and they actually are getting a little better - at least the end-of-season ones, which allow a retrospective look at teams and not the difficult forward-looking that mid-season rankings require. With the number of matchups occurring between schools from different states on the rise significantly, thanks to events like The Herbie as well as corporate sponsorships and ESPN and Fox, it is becoming a little bit easier for the number crunchers to perform strength-of-schedule analysis, mitigating the issue that once existed where there were fewer intra-state matchups and therefore much more difficulty in assessing the relative strength of schools from different states.

While acknowledging that national polls are a crapshoot, I have done some research on these over the summer. Let's remember, schools aren't asking to be "ranked"; we shouldn't fault them when they make an appearance, no matter how warped the polls may be. Anyway, while Maryville, MBA, Riverdale, and Red Bank are the only Tennessee schools that have been in final rankings this decade, going back to older polls, there is quite a bit of Tennessee representation. Check out some of these old polls here - some of you younger fans may surprisngly find your school listed.

i've got a question. if maryville didnt have a 64 game win streak...would they even be in this poll? i think reputation has way to much to do with this. I know for a fact maryville isnt the 44th best football team...heck if they played in georgia, florida, alabama, california, they wouldnt be number 44 in the state. i dont mean to hate, its just that tennessee football is really quite awful compared to powerhouse football states. i cant speak for MBA because im not familar with their team or who they play, etc...but i have heard they are legit

Eye agree TFU with ewe about a team with a 64 game win streak .......Butt since Mairvul haz a 65 game win streak eye disagree and ewe are a hater....... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes they would still be ranked as long as they were 4 time defending champs. Especially considering they one 3 championships in a row before in this decade. You can say you don't mean to hate but it comes across that way. Be happy TN is getting national recognition. I'm pretty sure they would be top 44 in GA and Alabama, not so sure about FL or CA. Still they are TN elite, even if they are "only" 4A,