South Pitt vs Tyner

OLD PIRATE

Come on Tynerfan99,

Trying to use some reverse psychology. It's not going to be that bad. I could see a 14 point game going either way.

It was a matter of time before the turnovers caught up to us. I am not going to argue with the fact that Tyner has more talent than Marion and Bledsoe. Tyner allowed Bledsoe to hang around, and showed up in the second half to win. They had a couple of good turnovers in their favor against a down Fulton team to hang on to a win. I understand that the coaching staff at Marion did a fantasic job last night, but 9 out of 10 times I believe that Tyner wins that game by 2 touchdowns. Not to take anything away from Marion they were the better team last night. That being said SP has the same speed on defense as Tyner and more of a potent offense than Tyner. If Tyner turns the ball over as they have every game, this will not be close. Tyner has gotten away with their turnovers because they can use their speed to catch back up and control the game. I don't see that being possible against a very fast SP team. Can Tyner win this game...Yes. Do I think they can keep from turning the ball over? NO

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all of the talk about turnovers beating Tyner last night. If anything they kept them in the game. Marion turned the ball over 4 times to Tyners 1. Marion had 4 drives stall out inside the Tyner 30 due to turnovers or penalties setting them back. Marion simply out played Tyner last night. Good Job Boys, BEAT WHITWELL!

Old Pirate hung around until the second quarter. SP had about 9-10 offensive plays and had scored 7 TDs. Not much of a game down at the Speedway. OP went to Jasper to watch that game, saw a number of Pirate fans there pulling for them jasper boys.

Tenn is just awlful on the offensive side of the ball. Them War Eagles will send the Vols twirling out of control next week @ 1-3 and on their way to a loosing season. Don't take OP wrong, OP pulls for Tenn but jiminey crickets it painful for OP too watch them vols stink up the field soooooooooooo.

Tenn will loose to Auburn,Ga,Bama,Vandy and maybe Kentucky. The Tenn fans will be talking basketball in about 1 more week.

I think the Tennessee faithful (myself included) are already talking basketball. Bruce Pearl and Co. got 2 top 30 commitments from the class of 2010 today. Josh Selby (#7 nationally) and Jordan McRae (#28 nationally). Go Vols!

I don't get all of the talk about turnovers beating Tyner last night. If anything they kept them in the game. Marion turned the ball over 4 times to Tyners 1. Marion had 4 drives stall out inside the Tyner 30 due to turnovers or penalties setting them back. Marion simply out played Tyner last night. Good Job Boys, BEAT WHITWELL!

BJ, Old Pirate says SP as a whole have just been caught up in rattling them Jasper folk's cages and it becomes somewhat hard too stop. The Warriors earned that "W" regardless of turn overs or anything else. The Purple nation has the right to stick their chests out and be proud. Coach Boeck and staff and players did a great beating a team loaded with talent. OP sure would hate to be a Whitwell Tiger come Friday night. Them Warriors have tomahawks sharpened and looking for some Tiger soup. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

were is this game being played at tyner or at finley stadium!

Game is at the Ram Den. Old Pirate says it should be a great atmoshere.

I will have to say from what I have heard that Jasper just outplayed/outhustled Tyner. Jasper deserves all of the credit for that win, but I still think if they played South Pittsburg 10 times this year, they would not even be close in any of those games. SP just has too much talent. I really don't think that Jasper would want to play the Pirates again. With that being said, I wish Jasper good luck the rest of the season.

The Pirates will have a mad Tyner team on their hands Friday night and will need to execute well on both sides of the ball to keep this game from being like last year. I know Tyner has loads of talent and will be out to avenge that loss from 2007. I think this is the game that David Jones and the Pirates have been waiting for all year. I think he will show up big on both sides of the ball, along with several other aspiring Pirates.

I agree with you 94Pirate. Jasper just outhustled Tyner up and down the field. Joe and Corpeo ran circles around Tyner's defense.

I think SP will need to cut down on the penalties. I do think though, regardless of penalties and turnovers, that SP will be able to score at will. No prediction yet though.

Coach Grider and the gang really seem to have a grasp on the offensive and defensive schemes that need to be executed in each and every game. I want to give Credit to the Pirate coaching staff for well preparation over the past two seasons.

It was a matter of time before the turnovers caught up to us. I am not going to argue with the fact that Tyner has more talent than Marion and Bledsoe. Tyner allowed Bledsoe to hang around, and showed up in the second half to win. They had a couple of good turnovers in their favor against a down Fulton team to hang on to a win. I understand that the coaching staff at Marion did a fantasic job last night, but 9 out of 10 times I believe that Tyner wins that game by 2 touchdowns. Not to take anything away from Marion they were the better team last night. That being said SP has the same speed on defense as Tyner and more of a potent offense than Tyner. If Tyner turns the ball over as they have every game, this will not be close. Tyner has gotten away with their turnovers because they can use their speed to catch back up and control the game. I don't see that being possible against a very fast SP team. Can Tyner win this game...Yes. Do I think they can keep from turning the ball over? NO

One fumble lost the game for you? When Marion had two interceptions and two fumbles... all in Ram territory! C'mon man... don't let on like this was just an off night for the Rams and turnovers killed them..... That's not it at all.... Marion just flat out kicked Ram butt! Period....

One fumble lost the game for you? When Marion had two interceptions and two fumbles... all in Ram territory! C'mon man... don't let on like this was just an off night for the Rams and turnovers killed them..... That's not it at all.... Marion just flat out kicked Ram butt! Period....

Must admit PurpleGrad hit it on the head.Marion County beat the RAMS and that's just what happened.NOT SUCH MUCH LUCK FOR THE RAMS VS THE PIRATES THIS WEEK EITHER.SAD TO SAY,BUT THE PIRATES KINDA BEEN LOOKING TO THIS GAME SINCE THE SEASON STARTED.FOCUSED,DISCIPLINED,STILL HUNGRY.COULD BE THE BEST PIRATE TEAM YET.EMPHASIS ON TEAM.IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN FRIDAY NIGHT! PIRATES BY 3TDS.