Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins

huskergymnast33

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It truly does depend on which poll you read, but even those statistics are slightly skewed. For instance on poll has Franklin #2 and Brentwood #9 (these rankings are pretty representative of what is out there).

I believe that every single poll is massively tilted, and therefor wrong. Because teams like Farragut, Dobbyns-Bennet, Millington, Whitehaven, and Ootlewah are all among the top 10, And honestly they do not belong there, because they are not the caliber team as Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Oakland, and Smryna (Hunters Lane is getting obscenely overlooked). Luckily the Mid-state teams will not have to argue this point much longer, because it will all work itself out once Play-off season comes.

Watch what you read, and do not be deceived Franklin & Brentwood are both "top 5" teams

Why is everyone wondering why we are discussing the match-up of the Bruins O-Line vs. Rebels D-Line. If you don't grasp the importance of the "front-line" match-up, then you really don't deserve to have it explained to you (and you need to shut your mouth, and get off of the thread). But for the sake of argument, I will clue you in (against my better judgment). While Ravenwood, McGavock, McCallie tried to go around Franklin's Defense, and Hillsboro and Independence attempted to throw over the Rebel defense, Everyone knows (or should know) That Brentwood is going to line-up and run it through the Franklin Rebel Defense. Thats right, your heard me correctly, The Brentwood Bruins are going to attack the very heart of the Franklin Defense. This game is gonna be good ole' front-7-on-front-7-football.

I will take Brentwood's consistent running game, over Franklin's sparatic ground game everyday. Franklin has become dependent on the big play, and breaking the game open early. Brentwood's "D" has the ability to make sure that does not happen this Friday. For the first time Franklin will have to play 4-full-quarters, and to be honest I do not think Franklin has it in them. When the whistle blows on Friday night, and the Bruins begin moving the ball/ stopping Franklin's Offense, it will be business as usual for BHS, meanwhile FHS will be stunned and begin to panic.

Everybody knows that Brentwood is supposed to lose...To bad Brentwood does not know that yet

Lets deal with one ignorant comment at a time.

While Ravenwood, McGavock, McCallie tried to go around Franklin's Defense, and Hillsboro and Independence attempted to throw over the Rebel defense, Everyone knows (or should know) That Brentwood is going to line-up and run it through the Franklin Rebel Defense. Thats right, your heard me correctly, The Brentwood Bruins are going to attack the very heart of the Franklin Defense. This game is gonna be good ole' front-7-on-front-7-football.

Wow, well dig your own grave there hoss. I would have made it a point to not call out any part of this defense, but your choice.

I will take Brentwood's consistent running game, over Franklin's sparatic ground game everyday. Franklin has become dependent on the big play, and breaking the game open early. Brentwood's "D" has the ability to make sure that does not happen this Friday.

Could you please explain what sparatic means, maybe our dictionarys are different. Does sparatic mean 8 touchdowns and 605 rushing yards (Ford) or 3 touchdown and 548 rushing yards (Lee) (In 5 games) I was confused on that one. And I guess by "big play" you would be talking about the Independence game? Would that be when Keylo took the 95 yard kickoff return to the house , or when Ford scored on an INSIDE TRAP (PS the inside trap is usually used to optimistically pick up 4-8 yards not 48) Yeah those are definatly designed for the "big play" game changing, momentum swinging situations.

For the first time Franklin will have to play 4-full-quarters, and to be honest I do not think Franklin has it in them. When the whistle blows on Friday night, and the Bruins begin moving the ball/ stopping Franklin's Offense, it will be business as usual for BHS, meanwhile FHS will be stunned and begin to panic.

How soon we forget. Does no one remember when Hillsboro rallied late and Franklin held them off? Or how about when Franklin scored 26 forth quarter points to beat McCallie? Maybe you are refering to Ravenwood, McGavock, Independence (when the game was over in the 3rd quarter and the mercy clock started to roll in two of those)

Thanks for this weeks motivational comments and hope to see you Friday night. I hear the FHS student section will be selling "Chicken Nuggets" and FHS Kool Aid.

Why is everyone wondering why we are discussing the match-up of the Bruins O-Line vs. Rebels D-Line. If you don't grasp the importance of the "front-line" match-up, then you really don't deserve to have it explained to you (and you need to shut your mouth, and get off of the thread). But for the sake of argument, I will clue you in (against my better judgment). While Ravenwood, McGavock, McCallie tried to go around Franklin's Defense, and Hillsboro and Independence attempted to throw over the Rebel defense, Everyone knows (or should know) That Brentwood is going to line-up and run it through the Franklin Rebel Defense. Thats right, your heard me correctly, The Brentwood Bruins are going to attack the very heart of the Franklin Defense. This game is gonna be good ole' front-7-on-front-7-football.

I will take Brentwood's consistent running game, over Franklin's sparatic ground game everyday. Franklin has become dependent on the big play, and breaking the game open early. Brentwood's "D" has the ability to make sure that does not happen this Friday. For the first time Franklin will have to play 4-full-quarters, and to be honest I do not think Franklin has it in them. When the whistle blows on Friday night, and the Bruins begin moving the ball/ stopping Franklin's Offense, it will be business as usual for BHS, meanwhile FHS will be stunned and begin to panic.

Everybody knows that Brentwood is supposed to lose...To bad Brentwood does not know that yet

Wow where has this guy been....youd better check your stats, I think the poster under you is trying to get you up to speed. Franklins D is waiting ..salivating for a team to run it up the middle...other teams tried... and (enter term..) "Lights out"

If I were you...I would be worried about your Defense...Franklin is rolliong down hill and gaining momentum.

I wonder where you have been hiding...(sporatic ground game)...I think YOU need to stay off the boards.

I got one for you "Grizzly" bruin.....this may scare you.....ready.... Ravenwood....ooooooooo

WOW..I'm so excited... and if you haven't noticed, our D-Line gets bashed every week before the game, but afterwards, do you hear people talking, NO! And thats what matters. Trust me, they love it when people start to talk trash, they are not the best but the D-Line Howard, Shelton, WIlson, and Jervis are solid, and are ready for this game. So i really hope that Brentwood tries to run it up their gut. How is Franklin's running game sparatic? Please elaborate, Because the running backs have consistent carries every time. And, how many yards does your running back have, because Franklin's have about 1100. And your thing that says FHS cant go for 4 quarters, is just ignorant. McCauley worked Franklin till the end and they didn't give up. Good Luck Rebels!

WOW..I'm so excited... and if you haven't noticed, our D-Line gets bashed every week before the game, but afterwards, do you hear people talking, NO! And thats what matters. Trust me, they love it when people start to talk trash, they are not the best but the D-Line Howard, Shelton, WIlson, and Jervis are solid, and are ready for this game. So i really hope that Brentwood tries to run it up their gut. How is Franklin's running game sparatic? Please elaborate, Because the running backs have consistent carries every time. And, how many yards does your running back have, because Franklin's have about 1100. And your thing that says FHS cant go for 4 quarters, is just ignorant. McCauley worked Franklin till the end and they didn't give up. Good Luck Rebels!

If you were a sports genius you should know that its spelled McCallie high school. haha

The key to this game will be if brentwood can suprise the rebels with a few big passing plays to put them into scoring position. In last years game that seemed to be the deciding factor in the win.

Records dont mean much here. Its like the SEC, if you dont come ready to play you will get beat. Friday will show which team is ready.

If you were a sports genius you should know that its spelled McCallie high school. haha

The key to this game will be if brentwood can suprise the rebels with a few big passing plays to put them into scoring position. In last years game that seemed to be the deciding factor in the win.

Records dont mean much here. Its like the SEC, if you dont come ready to play you will get beat. Friday will show which team is ready.

well said....I agree

Franklin by 10

Franklin by 14

Franklin wins...

Listen, Rebel Nation I know you are accustomed to blowing opposing teams out of the water

Hillsboro- Franklin jumped up by two TD's early

Ravenwood- Franklin absolutely destroyed RHS

McGavock- Same ole' story

Independence- 41 points...do I really need to say anything else

And when I say "blowing teams out of the water", I am talking about 95 yard kick-off return, 70+ yard runs, long-ball TDs. Brentwood brings a different caliber of total package defense to the table than Franklin has ever seen before. Brentwood brings a defense to the field that will take away those "game-breaking-plays". FHS has never tried to run that "inside trap" against a linebacker like Cole T. (#44). But I wonder what is going to happen when Franklin does not jump up to a multiple TD lead, will they be able to handle that? will FHS be able to fight for every yard, are Ford & Lee going to be able to "grind-out" every single yard? That dominant running game (that every FHS fan boasts) will be subject to a serious test Friday night, and that test is going to be fought in the trenches. Franklin's O-line is going to get bullied around all night long by Brentwood's powerful front-7. For the first time, the Franklin O-line is going to have to play a full-4-quarters, and they are going to play every quarter in misery. Brentwood is stronger and more-dicsiplined up-front, and BHS front line will wear Franklin's offense out. What is going to happen when the mighty Franklin Rebels get physically beaten all night and in every aspect of the ball-game???

Meanwhile Brentwood will deliver the same physical abuse against Franklin's Defense. I have read all year about this "imposing-D-line" of Franklin (Jervis, Wilson, Howerd, Shelton), I have heard how they are "salivating" about BHS's running game. We will see how much "salivating" this "rag-tag-duct-taped-D-line" will hold up against a O-Line full of robotic-soldiers.

The Lines will fall this weekend...Brentwood is going to run THROUGH Franklin's O-Line & D-Line. Welcome to "real-hard-nosed-football" Franklin

Franklin by 10

Franklin by 14

Franklin wins...

Listen, Rebel Nation I know you are accustomed to blowing opposing teams out of the water

Hillsboro- Franklin jumped up by two TD's early

Ravenwood- Franklin absolutely destroyed RHS

McGavock- Same ole' story

Independence- 41 points...do I really need to say anything else

And when I say "blowing teams out of the water", I am talking about 95 yard kick-off return, 70+ yard runs, long-ball TDs. Brentwood brings a different caliber of total package defense to the table than Franklin has ever seen before. Brentwood brings a defense to the field that will take away those "game-breaking-plays". FHS has never tried to run that "inside trap" against a linebacker like Cole T. (#44). But I wonder what is going to happen when Franklin does not jump up to a multiple TD lead, will they be able to handle that? will FHS be able to fight for every yard, are Ford & Lee going to be able to "grind-out" every single yard? That dominant running game (that every FHS fan boasts) will be subject to a serious test Friday night, and that test is going to be fought in the trenches. Franklin's O-line is going to get bullied around all night long by Brentwood's powerful front-7. For the first time, the Franklin O-line is going to have to play a full-4-quarters, and they are going to play every quarter in misery. Brentwood is stronger and more-dicsiplined up-front, and BHS front line will wear Franklin's offense out. What is going to happen when the mighty Franklin Rebels get physically beaten all night and in every aspect of the ball-game???

Meanwhile Brentwood will deliver the same physical abuse against Franklin's Defense. I have read all year about this "imposing-D-line" of Franklin (Jervis, Wilson, Howerd, Shelton), I have heard how they are "salivating" about BHS's running game. We will see how much "salivating" this "rag-tag-duct-taped-D-line" will hold up against a O-Line full of robotic-soldiers.

The Lines will fall this weekend...Brentwood is going to run THROUGH Franklin's O-Line & D-Line. Welcome to "real-hard-nosed-football" Franklin

i will be rooting for brentwood all night, but i think GRIZZLY should cool it with calling out the players bc they dont need anymore motivation than they already have going into this game...especially their (near insane in the membrane) D-line.

but im taking the bruins in a "very long" game for Franklin none the less

be the first to put a blemish on that record B-Wood!!