Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins

huskergymnast33

"GrizzleyBruin"!!! A man after my own heart! Who would have thought that two opposing fans could show such promising chemistry on the message boards of CoachT!!! BRAVO GrizzleyBruin BRAVO!!!

Before I "dive-in" into my points a discussion, I would like to address a few previous rumors/ arguments. I have frequented the "FHS Threads" and have received so much feedback and acclaim. So without any further ado, "I'm Back!". Before I left the "FHS vs RHS" thread, I prophesied that Ravenwood would return, this single glimmer-of-hope was cussed/ discussed/ inspected/ disected by numerous Rebel supporters, so therefor I would like to tell all my "FHS critics", "I told you so!!!". I said nobody in the state of TN circles the wagons quite like Coach Rector, I told you all that RHS would bounce back, I told you, I told you, I told you!!! Well we are back, and we are in control of our own destiny, and every Raptor is waiting for their chances to "run-the-gauntlet" again (against any region 6/5A opponent willing to step up to the plate)

Now back to the topic at hand, Brentwood vs, Franklin. Many have called this game a "coaching-match-up", some are calling for a "physical war", while others believe it is gonna be a "good-old-country-butt-kicking". So which is it? (I'm sure there are a few of you all that will be more than happy to offer me an answer...If the past is any indicator).

But GrizzleyBruin? Where did you come from? I do not really care, but I have taken a serious liking to some of the questions you posed earlier.

1)What is going to happen when the mighty Franklin Rebels get physically beaten all night and in every aspect of the ball-game???

I will tell you what will happen. Franklin will get nervous, Franklin will think of failure, Franklin will hit the "panic-button". Once Franklin begins this self-destruction phase, the mistakes will follow. The mistakes will follow because the ball will be placed in Nichols' hands, and the game will be placed squarely upon his shoulders, and then the mistakes will come cascading down upon FHS like Niagra Falls. Sacks will be allowed and Interceptions will be thrown. Guess what Franklin Fans...When Franklin hits the "panic-button" your precious Ford & Lee will be taken out of the game plan, and out of the equation.

2) We will see how much "salivating" this "rag-tag-duct-taped-D-line" will hold up against a O-Line full of robotic-soldiers.

I completely agree that BHS will run the ball directly between the tackles. Even though it may take time, Brentwood will be happy with 3-4 yard gains, and a few first downs here and there. The BHS Offense depends on the BHS Defense quickly getting them the ball back, so they can pound the heart of that Franklin D for a few more plays. This repetitive cycle will wear down Franklin's D, and then Brentwood will run the ball OVER Jervis, Wilson, Gordon, and Sellars. Brentwood will break the Holy Donnie Webb Defense, I did not say "bend" I said BREAK!!!

I said it before, and I will say it again. Franklin can not deliver the knock-out blow, and close the door on the region title. I declared earlier this year that if Franklin did not faulter against RHS or IHS they would eventually fall against BHS or CHS. Come Saturday I will once again be vindicated, and I will return to tell you "I told you so"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"GrizzleyBruin"!!! A man after my own heart! Who would have thought that two opposing fans could show such promising chemistry on the message boards of CoachT!!! BRAVO GrizzleyBruin BRAVO!!!

Before I "dive-in" into my points a discussion, I would like to address a few previous rumors/ arguments. I have frequented the "FHS Threads" and have received so much feedback and acclaim. So without any further ado, "I'm Back!". Before I left the "FHS vs RHS" thread, I prophesied that Ravenwood would return, this single glimmer-of-hope was cussed/ discussed/ inspected/ disected by numerous Rebel supporters, so therefor I would like to tell all my "FHS critics", "I told you so!!!". I said nobody in the state of TN circles the wagons quite like Coach Rector, I told you all that RHS would bounce back, I told you, I told you, I told you!!! Well we are back, and we are in control of our own destiny, and every Raptor is waiting for their chances to "run-the-gauntlet" again (against any region 6/5A opponent willing to step up to the plate)

Now back to the topic at hand, Brentwood vs, Franklin. Many have called this game a "coaching-match-up", some are calling for a "physical war", while others believe it is gonna be a "good-old-country-butt-kicking". So which is it? (I'm sure there are a few of you all that will be more than happy to offer me an answer...If the past is any indicator).

But GrizzleyBruin? Where did you come from? I do not really care, but I have taken a serious liking to some of the questions you posed earlier.

1)What is going to happen when the mighty Franklin Rebels get physically beaten all night and in every aspect of the ball-game???

I will tell you what will happen. Franklin will get nervous, Franklin will think of failure, Franklin will hit the "panic-button". Once Franklin begins this self-destruction phase, the mistakes will follow. The mistakes will follow because the ball will be placed in Nichols' hands, and the game will be placed squarely upon his shoulders, and then the mistakes will come cascading down upon FHS like Niagra Falls. Sacks will be allowed and Interceptions will be thrown. Guess what Franklin Fans...When Franklin hits the "panic-button" your precious Ford & Lee will be taken out of the game plan, and out of the equation.

2) We will see how much "salivating" this "rag-tag-duct-taped-D-line" will hold up against a O-Line full of robotic-soldiers.

I completely agree that BHS will run the ball directly between the tackles. Even though it may take time, Brentwood will be happy with 3-4 yard gains, and a few first downs here and there. The BHS Offense depends on the BHS Defense quickly getting them the ball back, so they can pound the heart of that Franklin D for a few more plays. This repetitive cycle will wear down Franklin's D, and then Brentwood will run the ball OVER Jervis, Wilson, Gordon, and Sellars. Brentwood will break the Holy Donnie Webb Defense, I did not say "bend" I said BREAK!!!

I said it before, and I will say it again. Franklin can not deliver the knock-out blow, and close the door on the region title. I declared earlier this year that if Franklin did not faulter against RHS or IHS they would eventually fall against BHS or CHS. Come Saturday I will once again be vindicated, and I will return to tell you "I told you so"

you have no idea what your talking about....

when saturday comes you will just disapear again

and no one will ever see you again..

you will NOT say i told you so

Why is everyone wondering why we are discussing the match-up of the Bruins O-Line vs. Rebels D-Line. If you don't grasp the importance of the "front-line" match-up, then you really don't deserve to have it explained to you (and you need to shut your mouth, and get off of the thread). But for the sake of argument, I will clue you in (against my better judgment). While Ravenwood, McGavock, McCallie tried to go around Franklin's Defense, and Hillsboro and Independence attempted to throw over the Rebel defense, Everyone knows (or should know) That Brentwood is going to line-up and run it through the Franklin Rebel Defense. Thats right, your heard me correctly, The Brentwood Bruins are going to attack the very heart of the Franklin Defense. This game is gonna be good ole' front-7-on-front-7-football.

I will take Brentwood's consistent running game, over Franklin's sparatic ground game everyday. Franklin has become dependent on the big play, and breaking the game open early. Brentwood's "D" has the ability to make sure that does not happen this Friday. For the first time Franklin will have to play 4-full-quarters, and to be honest I do not think Franklin has it in them. When the whistle blows on Friday night, and the Bruins begin moving the ball/ stopping Franklin's Offense, it will be business as usual for BHS, meanwhile FHS will be stunned and begin to panic.

Everybody knows that Brentwood is supposed to lose...To bad Brentwood does not know that yet

You do not think Franklin can play the full 4 Quarters????

are you crazy??

Oviously you do not know very much about what happened during the

McCallie game...

Franklin was down the entire game then at the end

in the 4TH QUARTER they pulled every thing together

just like they needed to pull out the victory and they did it without

hitting the "Panic Button" because they really dont need to hit it

they have everthing under control as you will see frriday night

You do not think Franklin can play the full 4 Quarters????

are you crazy??

Oviously you do not know very much about what happened during the

McCallie game...

Franklin was down the entire game then at the end

in the 4TH QUARTER they pulled every thing together

just like they needed to pull out the victory and they did it without

hitting the "Panic Button" because they really dont need to hit it

they have everthing under control as you will see frriday night

Thats ok Rebel man......let these two twinkies talk......we KNOW who the better team is....We KNOW who has better leadership...we are PROVEN...what have the raptors and the bruins proven????...( that they cant compete..)

and now I would say.....we have accompolished what we wanted...(them calling out our players and degrading our team....) we KNOW what that does to our team....

REbels.......REBELS......REBELS.... ( get used to it...its gonna be a looong nite)

Kingz615,

I've got a couple questions for you.

1.) Since when is a team considered "back" when they are 2-3, and won only one game after a total beatdown of 27-0? And even further, Ravenwood won their two games by a combined total of 4 POINTS, compared to losing by a combined 37 POINTS! But you're right, Ravenwood is back!

2.) WHy wouldn't we want to put the ball in Graham Nichols' hands? He has been one of the best and most consistent QB's in the region, if not the state! I hope they put it in his hands, so he can throw touchdown after touchdown to Starnes and Eaton, much like what he did in the Ravenwood game.

3.) So, if you mean what you said in the last paragraph, if we beat Brentwood (and we will), then we will lose to the Centennial Cougars?! That's hilarious!

4.) This isn't a question , but YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Thats ok Rebel man......let these two twinkies talk......we KNOW who the better team is....We KNOW who has better leadership...we are PROVEN...what have the raptors and the bruins proven????...( that they cant compete..)

and now I would say.....we have accompolished what we wanted...(them calling out our players and degrading our team....) we KNOW what that does to our team....

REbels.......REBELS......REBELS.... ( get used to it...its gonna be a looong nite)

Um...pardon me, dwg. When exactly did the Bruins prove that they can't compete. I haven't missed a game, yet somehow I missed that. What's that you say? The Ravenwood game? Oh, well, here's a heads-up bud...the team that played Ravenwood isn't the team you'll see Friday night. So if you KNOW anything going into this game, KNOW this...the Bruins will not roll over for any team. Brentwood will fight all night. IF you beat Brentwood, it will be a hard fought win. Franklin deserves the respect that they are getting. They've proven that up to this point, so I won't argue. However, don't discount this Bruin team. Don't think that Crawford won't have them ready. Don't think they don't have the talent or the leadership to take care of business. Just don't.

Grizzly - I'm going to suggest that you refrain from calling out individual players on Franklin's team. It just adds fuel to their fire, similarly to the way Brentwood can feed on being considered two touchdown underdogs.

Bruins - As you take the field tomorrow night, know what you have to do. Put your heads down and go to work. Moments like these are what you have prepared for all year. Make every down count. And when the lights go out, win or lose, KNOW that you are loved and supported immeasurably.

Franklin 48

Brentwood 14

Um...pardon me, dwg. When exactly did the Bruins prove that they can't compete. I haven't missed a game, yet somehow I missed that. What's that you say? The Ravenwood game? Oh, well, here's a heads-up bud...the team that played Ravenwood isn't the team you'll see Friday night. So if you KNOW anything going into this game, KNOW this...the Bruins will not roll over for any team. Brentwood will fight all night. IF you beat Brentwood, it will be a hard fought win. Franklin deserves the respect that they are getting. They've proven that up to this point, so I won't argue. However, don't discount this Bruin team. Don't think that Crawford won't have them ready. Don't think they don't have the talent or the leadership to take care of business. Just don't.

Grizzly - I'm going to suggest that you refrain from calling out individual players on Franklin's team. It just adds fuel to their fire, similarly to the way Brentwood can feed on being considered two touchdown underdogs.

Bruins - As you take the field tomorrow night, know what you have to do. Put your heads down and go to work. Moments like these are what you have prepared for all year. Make every down count. And when the lights go out, win or lose, KNOW that you are loved and supported immeasurably.

Let me start by saying....I dont disagree that Brentwood is a good team and they will not rollover..(who would expect them or any other team to roll over when they have a chance to beat the number one team) I think/ hope it will be a good game and injury free...BUT Its putz 1 and Putz 2 that call out the team and berate them publicly on here that is the problem...Kingz615 talks out of his hiney and was one of the reasons the defense was fired up for Ravenwood..(frankly Im glad he keeps doing it)

Yes we are a proud team and we are a disciplined team and it started right after the Brentwood game last year .We have had a week off..we are healthy ...we are excited...and nobody has had a chance to see our third running back who is quite a playmaker as well...Good Luck...we will see you on the field.

Tonight will be the night!

the night the Bruins will walk into

Howard Gamble Stadium ready to give

the Rebels their first loss of the 2008 Season,

but there is one problem with that....the Rebels

do not care to much for Brentwood...

and because of that the Bruins will not "slip past"

the Rebels....they might think they will...until they get

pounded into the ground....

GO REBS Stomp the Crap out of the Bruins