Collierville @ Millington

BigBoy50

I really hope this game isn't close, actually. Some people still don't believe Millington is that good. By blowing out a fairly decent Collierville team might make some stop doubting. Just because we lost a large amount of seniors doesn't mean we will have an off year. I don't know for sure, but did any of the 2nd 3rd string play against Collierville towards the end of the playoff game last year? If they did, I'm sure they remember the intensity of the game. I hope that it continues tomorrow night. Now don't get me wrong, Collierville can play. But I'm just not convinced that they can take down a very good Millington team. I guess we'll see come friday night.

in colliervilles defens they are well coached and they do not like us, i have a son on mchs and i know he has recieved phone calls ,tex and emails from many c ville players. Collierville will be tough but i hope im wrong

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this game isn't close, actually. Some people still don't believe Millington is that good. By blowing out a fairly decent Collierville team might make some stop doubting. Just because we lost a large amount of seniors doesn't mean we will have an off year. I don't know for sure, but did any of the 2nd 3rd string play against Collierville towards the end of the playoff game last year? If they did, I'm sure they remember the intensity of the game. I hope that it continues tomorrow night. Now don't get me wrong, Collierville can play. But I'm just not convinced that they can take down a very good Millington team. I guess we'll see come friday night.

This will be close unless Cville gives up the big play, they will not be able to give up the long runs and stay close in this game. Millington will have to control the ball and keep Cville off the field offensively. Special teams should be fairly even and i think defense will be the deciding piece in this game. Which ever defense steps up will decide who wins this game. T Garner has been used very little and he will have to be big for Millington to move the ball on collierville. If Garner put pressure on the interior of the defense then that will open up lanes on the edges for millingtons speed. I expect a battle start to finish and hope Millington come out on top. This will be a learning experience for the young Millington team but they know what it takes to win so i hope they play to their capabilities.

so i wanted a blowout, but that never happened. kinda disappointed that we couldnt even score a TD in the second half. i dont think we even threw the ball once. and i dont understand wy on two consecutive drives we went 3 and out trying to run up the middle...every play. what happened? good job millington, but this should have been a shutout.

This will be close unless Cville gives up the big play, they will not be able to give up the long runs and stay close in this game. Millington will have to control the ball and keep Cville off the field offensively. Special teams should be fairly even and i think defense will be the deciding piece in this game. Which ever defense steps up will decide who wins this game. T Garner has been used very little and he will have to be big for Millington to move the ball on collierville. If Garner put pressure on the interior of the defense then that will open up lanes on the edges for millingtons speed. I expect a battle start to finish and hope Millington come out on top. This will be a learning experience for the young Millington team but they know what it takes to win so i hope they play to their capabilities.

Shook..This game was pretty much a blowout. Millington controlled the game the whole time. There was one drive with a 60 yard play that put the dragons in scoring position, but no long drive was ever put together. The Trojan D was awesome. And the offense put on a show. This game turned into a track meet. This is what happens when your offensive line comes off the ball and your backs follow suit. But overall I believe the Trojans did a great job!!

Go Trojans

Boro Bound!

so i wanted a blowout, but that never happened. kinda disappointed that we couldnt even score a TD in the second half. i dont think we even threw the ball once. and i dont understand wy on two consecutive drives we went 3 and out trying to run up the middle...every play. what happened? good job millington, but this should have been a shutout.

Were you watching the same game that everyone else was?.... Millington dominated Collierville. It was even more lopsided than the regular season matchup last year. The game was completely over at Halftime last night. At that point, there is no reason to embarrass Collierville because what goes around comes around. Coaches have long memories.

Tausean Holmes was spectacular last night. He had 7 carries for 107 yards 1 TD, 1 reception for 27 yards and 1 TD and a 84 yard Punt Return for a TD. And to think he only played a half on offense... WOW. D-1 College's should begin to take notice....

did we play our 2nd string after the half?

we started mixing in the twos on offense in the third quarter, which is what the coaches have been doing all year. This is a good thing because we are building depth. This score could have been alot worse, but like someone else said why run up the score and risk injuries. Great job Millington coaches and players. Also for those that do not believe this is a rivalry ask the players what was happening on the field.

did we play our 2nd string after the half?

Millington essentially scrapped the gameplan at the half. The major goal in the 2nd half was to finish the game without and injuries. Especially after the unfortunate injury to Defensive Tackle Dennis Alexander. It appears that we may have lost Alexander for the year. The attention now switches to the Bartlett Panthers. History tells us that the Panthers are tough to beat at home.

Go Trojans!

Millington essentially scrapped the gameplan at the half. The major goal in the 2nd half was to finish the game without and injuries. Especially after the unfortunate injury to Defensive Tackle Dennis Alexander. It appears that we may have lost Alexander for the year. The attention now switches to the Bartlett Panthers. History tells us that the Panthers are tough to beat at home.

Go Trojans!

prayers are with dennis, lets hope it is not serious.

Go Trojans!

What's up Rob just found this message board. Checked you guys out last night,got ther at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I was very impressed with what I saw. I guess we are on a colition course for a rematch of last years second round classic.