Collierville @ Millington

BigBoy50

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a lot of history and bad blood between these two teams. Last years thrashing in the first round of the playoffs probably has the dragons with a bad taste in their mouth!.. Lets hear what you thing about this one!!

This will be the first true test of the year for the Trojans. (The Craigmont meltdown was a little deceiving). Millington dominated that one statistically but turned the ball over so much that the scoreboard remained close. I expect Collierville's best effort on Friday. They have a lot of depth and when they execute well they are difficult to defend defensively. I do think that the Dragons are going to have a really hard time handling the Trojan's speed on both sides of the ball. Tausean Holmes is having an incredible start to his senior year. His TD to Touch ratio is the highest I have seen in 20 plus years. In Addition, He is averaging over 14 yards per carry for the season.

I wouldn't necessarily say that there is a lot of history between us. At the early part of this decade, they whipped us pretty good. Then starting a couple of years ago, we have matched up in the playoffs and in the regular season. We have rushed for over 400 yds the last 3 times we have met so it will be interesting to see if they have made any adjustments to how they are going to play us. Paul Cox is a class act and has been in the business for a long long time so I would guess they will be ready come Friday night. The question is what Millington team shows up.

Collierville had a hard time stoping whitehaven's runs around the corners.. Collierville didnt wrap up when trying to tackle.. So i see Garner running over some people.. If Collierville would have tackled the leggs of WH's backs they could have stopped alot of there runs.. I was impressed with colliervilles hinti grayson or whatever his name was.. He was there better runner. He gave WH alittle trouble when he ran around the corners but up the middle WH was too strong.

I would love to see more helmets fly this Friday after what I saw in the playoffs last season. I hope Collierville actually shows up this time. I really haven't gotten my money's worth this season, so I hope its a hard fought game. But I wanna see Millington dominate a better school (than what we have played) as well.

I would love to see more helmets fly this Friday after what I saw in the playoffs last season. I hope Collierville actually shows up this time. I really haven't gotten my money's worth this season, so I hope its a hard fought game. But I wanna see Millington dominate a better school (than what we have played) as well.

I think Collierville will be ready. I am suprised by them losing to G-Town but not Whitehaven. Collierville doesn't have as much speed as Whitehaven and Millington but they use there schemes very well to compete when lacking speed. They will crowd the line vs. Millington and i assume they will continue their 3-3-5 even though is was not sucessfull last year. I thought they would have schemed differently in the playoffs but they did not change so i am not sure if Coach Cox will change anything this time either. I know we have not shown very much offense in the two films they have so hopefully we will have our playbook open come friday night. I am sure that they will scheme to make sure Holmes does not beat them. Should be a good test for Millington at the Mid season point and really doesn't matter in the big picture but both teams will want the win.

Collierville had a hard time stoping whitehaven's runs around the corners.. Collierville didnt wrap up when trying to tackle.. So i see Garner running over some people.. If Collierville would have tackled the leggs of WH's backs they could have stopped alot of there runs.. I was impressed with colliervilles hinti grayson or whatever his name was.. He was there better runner. He gave WH alittle trouble when he ran around the corners but up the middle WH was too strong.

I didn't get to the WHS/CHS game until halftime, by then, all of the scoring was done, save the two FGs by each team. I saw Collierville mount some good drives, only to have the WHS 'D' stop them in the red zone. I saw WHS run up the gut on CHS a few times as well, but I agree ... WHS got the corners better against the CHS 'D'. It was a good hard hitting affair. Millington will have their hands full. I think Cox coaches a tad bit too conservative in my book. I think he has the weapons and the tools to open it up some. Doing that against the WHS defense isn't easy though.

the quick short passes at the end sure was working for collierville... They should have done that the entire game in my opinion.

That usually works towards the end of a game because corners soften up to prevent the big play. Cville passes best off playaction when they are not expected to pass. They will have to get their running game going in order to pass effectively against Millington. Millington has two very good corners that are agressive against the run and could be caught sticking their nose in on the run fakes especially if Collierville is running well. We don't know much about Millingtons passing game except they don't do it much. Collierville will committ 8, 9, or 10 to stopping the run and will play man on the ouside in running situations. it will be up to Millington to take some shots against man coverage to make Coach Cox think alittle about the pass. millington will have to complete a few passes to keep collierville from stacking the LOS. I think it will be a tough game and the trojans can't turn the ball over like craigmont or they will certainly lose. Colliervile will have to play all 4 qtrs because the Millington kids don't think they will lose a game. That confidence keeps them fighting until they win like the Craigmont game. No team should win with 8 turnovers. Millington needs this game to be close and they need to be pushed to the end, win or lose this is a much needed game for the Trojans. I hope the Dragons show up and play well.

I really hope this game isn't close, actually. Some people still don't believe Millington is that good. By blowing out a fairly decent Collierville team might make some stop doubting. Just because we lost a large amount of seniors doesn't mean we will have an off year. I don't know for sure, but did any of the 2nd 3rd string play against Collierville towards the end of the playoff game last year? If they did, I'm sure they remember the intensity of the game. I hope that it continues tomorrow night. Now don't get me wrong, Collierville can play. But I'm just not convinced that they can take down a very good Millington team. I guess we'll see come friday night.

I wouldn't necessarily say that there is a lot of history between us. At the early part of this decade, they whipped us pretty good. Then starting a couple of years ago, we have matched up in the playoffs and in the regular season. We have rushed for over 400 yds the last 3 times we have met so it will be interesting to see if they have made any adjustments to how they are going to play us. Paul Cox is a class act and has been in the business for a long long time so I would guess they will be ready come Friday night. The question is what Millington team shows up.

mark, the history is with the juniors i know you remember the fresman game 2 years ago.

as a freshman hinti was unstopable

That usually works towards the end of a game because corners soften up to prevent the big play. Cville passes best off playaction when they are not expected to pass. They will have to get their running game going in order to pass effectively against Millington. Millington has two very good corners that are agressive against the run and could be caught sticking their nose in on the run fakes especially if Collierville is running well. We don't know much about Millingtons passing game except they don't do it much. Collierville will committ 8, 9, or 10 to stopping the run and will play man on the ouside in running situations. it will be up to Millington to take some shots against man coverage to make Coach Cox think alittle about the pass. millington will have to complete a few passes to keep collierville from stacking the LOS. I think it will be a tough game and the trojans can't turn the ball over like craigmont or they will certainly lose. Colliervile will have to play all 4 qtrs because the Millington kids don't think they will lose a game. That confidence keeps them fighting until they win like the Craigmont game. No team should win with 8 turnovers. Millington needs this game to be close and they need to be pushed to the end, win or lose this is a much needed game for the Trojans. I hope the Dragons show up and play well.

we had 9 turnovers and u r right the juniors on this team are 25 and 1