Smith Co. vs Macon Co. 9/26/08

rockytoptn1

please coach cook. turn the program over to coach dean for the remainder of the season, and step down. if you truly care about this program set it free. at least dean has coached at a winning program and understands it takes more than just drawing plays on a board. he seems to be the only coach at practice the boys respect. he sure couldn't do any worse......and when you do leave, take your offensive coordinator with you.

I have never met coach cook or the other coach,dean was down here we dont want him back.The other 2 may find another coaching job,and it would be safe to say neither one would have to put up with this crap anywhere else.Best of luck coachs and these so called fans you will need it finding ANYONE that would consider this job.I have seen this on coacht ever since july.I am glad we dont have so called fans like these.TC1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright folks. start calling your board members you voted for them and they work for you. if they dont take action then you can take action against them. our coaching staff are kids coaching kids. we need experiened qualified coaches to inspire and motivate these young men. let the search begin, because i'm tired of being told this is the best we can get. don't get me wrong, the players gave up tonite, but so did the coaches. how can you have a winning attitude when you've never played on or coached a winning team.

Can you Macon County people at least have the decency to take your usual town and country whining off the public blogs?? You will NOT get anyone decent over there while you people continue to act like this. The county already has a reputation for being impossible to deal with...and do not think coaches don't see this garbage.

They do...and they will avoid Macon County like the plague. Shame on all of you.

I have never met coach cook or the other coach,dean was down here we dont want him back.The other 2 may find another coaching job,and it would be safe to say neither one would have to put up with this crap anywhere else.Best of luck coachs and these so called fans you will need it finding ANYONE that would consider this job.I have seen this on coacht ever since july.I am glad we dont have so called fans like these.TC1

so it's ok for you to bash coach dean but yet mc supporters and fans can't voice their concerns about obvious coaching problems without being labeled " so-called fans"?

Maybe it is not always coaching,could have alot to do with the attitude of the parents toward the coaches.We played macon week 0 looked to me like you may be missing 2 important things in football.HEART and TALENT good luck to the kids,just like 4 years ago here you go again. TC 1

I've been watching these threads all season and have seen every game in Coach Cook's tenure I've watched the staff at some of the practices and I've also seen the kids Looks like there are alot of good kids and the staff tries to get their points across to them as well but for a team to be successful not only the staff must believe in the system but the players as well Looking from the stands the players have not believed in the system and therefore have failed in their efforts how do these so called fans know the system doesn't work when as soon as the players get home they are told something contrary to what the staff is trying to teach It's evident this is happening because of the way for one the outcome of the games and two the know it all fans such as the one who wants to get "someone who has won or played for a winning team" Look back at the history of coaches in Macon The ones that "were no good or couldn't coach" have all went on and succeeded somewhere else Another thing I see that tells off on these "Macon Co faithfulls" is the lack of desire and respect I guess that comes from the coach UH UH How about at home Kids do what they are taught So what have you been teaching yours You don't have to answer because as a whole I've already seen it Keep going strong to those who have high hopes for the youth that's fighting the battle between home and school good luck MC Finish the rest of the year strong and you'll be a better man for it

Two players stood out for SC tonight, in my eyes. Bear Robinson and Justin McCall made lots of plays. The interception and return by McCall was a great play. Bear dished it out all night.

Grace took a pounding on both sides of the ball! He is a tough kid.

i agree. sc players were fired up and hittin' hard. the "amazing grace" took some shots but he kept on coming. he's a warrior...

Two players stood out for SC tonight, in my eyes. Bear Robinson and Justin McCall made lots of plays. The interception and return by McCall was a great play. Bear dished it out all night.

Grace took a pounding on both sides of the ball! He is a tough kid.

Congrads SC. I figured as much. I went to H2O to watch. Never seen H2O look this bad in a while. It was one of them games you have nightmares about. They didnt quit. They never started. They just ate yellow all night to go along with being FLAT. The other team didnt live up to the hype. Their homecoming definitely had an effect it seemed. They had it at half time instead of before. All the players were on the field for half time. The coach may have had 5 minutes with them. Not good when you are behind. But it was a non region. Gave everyone a look at the region 2 top team.Hype!

Heres my .02 cents....for what it's worth.

Some Macon County "fans" feel they have an innate right to bash a coaching staff. Until you've walked in someones shoes, you shouldn't be so quick to judge. What's that old saying I learned in Sunday School? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Some of the biggest public bashers of the Macon County coaching staff don't like it too much to be talked about. They tried to get confrontational. That's sad and childish. It's ok, evidently, for them to talk as bad as they want about somebody. They sure took offense to that shoe being on the other foot. Didn't they? I heard things from them like, " I know where you live. " and " Let's take this over there, off of school property. " That's real adult like. That's the people Macon County has trying to oust a Coach. I've never said one negative word about Macon County other than the "socalled fans" that think they know everything about football and getting rid of Coach Cook would solve the problem. Just because you were a good pee wee coach doesn't mean you have all the answers.

Remember the Sunday School Lesson: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I've been watching these threads all season and have seen every game in Coach Cook's tenure I've watched the staff at some of the practices and I've also seen the kids Looks like there are alot of good kids and the staff tries to get their points across to them as well but for a team to be successful not only the staff must believe in the system but the players as well Looking from the stands the players have not believed in the system and therefore have failed in their efforts how do these so called fans know the system doesn't work when as soon as the players get home they are told something contrary to what the staff is trying to teach It's evident this is happening because of the way for one the outcome of the games and two the know it all fans such as the one who wants to get "someone who has won or played for a winning team" Look back at the history of coaches in Macon The ones that "were no good or couldn't coach" have all went on and succeeded somewhere else Another thing I see that tells off on these "Macon Co faithfulls" is the lack of desire and respect I guess that comes from the coach UH UH How about at home Kids do what they are taught So what have you been teaching yours You don't have to answer because as a whole I've already seen it Keep going strong to those who have high hopes for the youth that's fighting the battle between home and school good luck MC Finish the rest of the year strong and you'll be a better man for it

so now it's the parents fault. the coaches are not to blame because they try hard. it's the "lack of desire and respect". desire comes from proper motivation and respect is earned. this coaching staff needs to learn that. if you work hard on doing it wrong....your always gonna be wrong

Macon County fans who bash the coaches with striking regularity, please listen to what I have to say because I seldom ever post and probably won't ever but...... TAKE A LOOK ON THE THREADS AND SEE THAT EVERYONE IS MAKING FUN OF YOU AND THE PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU TALK CRAP ABOUT COACHES ON HERE! Macon County has NEVER had a good name in the area because of how other coaches have been done there. Also, with how parents who either didn't play football or pee wee football coaching gods, talk about the coaches who do this as a part of their living. You guys are taking it to new levels. Instead of filling up this board with needless rambling about coaches, why don't you save the words you are going to put on here and use those words in a man to man conversation with whichever coach you have a gripe with.

It is usually the ones who talk the most that know the least and I think this could be the case at Macon County. Winning and doing it consistently is a tough venture. Look how tough it has been for Macon County over the past probably 40 years. You guys can field a few good teams randomly, but never consistently. I'd venture to say, also, that some of these football whiners were probably a part of some of those down and out Tiger teams who have struggled greatly for wins. You guys should know better than most how hard it is to win football games. Either way, good luck to all parties involved. I hope this situation in Lafayette can reach a peaceful resolve before further bludgering of the Macon County football name can be done.

so now it's the parents fault. the coaches are not to blame because they try hard. it's the "lack of desire and respect". desire comes from proper motivation and respect is earned. this coaching staff needs to learn that. if you work hard on doing wrong....your always gonna be wrong

maybe you should apply or maybe you're to much of a coward to apply or take your problem to the coach yourself and show your crudentials because I'm sure you played or coached for a winning team

Heres my .02 cents....for what it's worth.

Some Macon County "fans" feel they have an innate right to bash a coaching staff. Until you've walked in someones shoes, you shouldn't be so quick to judge. What's that old saying I learned in Sunday School? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Some of the biggest public bashers of the Macon County coaching staff don't like it too much to be talked about. They tried to get confrontational. That's sad and childish. It's ok, evidently, for them to talk as bad as they want about somebody. They sure took offense to that shoe being on the other foot. Didn't they? I heard things from them like, " I know where you live. " and " Let's take this over there, off of school property. " That's real adult like. That's the people Macon County has trying to oust a Coach. I've never said one negative word about Macon County other than the "socalled fans" that think they know everything about football and getting rid of Coach Cook would solve the problem. Just because you were a good pee wee coach doesn't mean you have all the answers.

Remember the Sunday School Lesson: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

who are these bashers you are talkin about?