Brentwood Academy @ Prattville (AL)

ThtSupaStar011

Hopefully, BA can have their act together this Friday. It was good to see them not lose their composure and come from behind and then dominate at the Baylor game. Unfortunately, Baylor is not a very strong opponent like Prattville will be. Even though this will not hurt BA's standings back home, they must realize they are representing the state of Tennessee and that the entire state will be looking to see them pull out a win. They need to come out right from the start and play hard the entire game to even compete. That is my hope, but I am afraid that BA will not play 4 quarters of football. It hasn't happened yet this year. Prattville will be up for this one and if BA is not careful, Prattville will take it to them with a very solid win.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, BA can have their act together this Friday. It was good to see them not lose their composure and come from behind and then dominate at the Baylor game. Unfortunately, Baylor is not a very strong opponent like Prattville will be. Even though this will not hurt BA's standings back home, they must realize they are representing the state of Tennessee and that the entire state will be looking to see them pull out a win. They need to come out right from the start and play hard the entire game to even compete. That is my hope, but I am afraid that BA will not play 4 quarters of football. It hasn't happened yet this year. Prattville will be up for this one and if BA is not careful, Prattville will take it to them with a very solid win.

I am traveling on business in New York this week and noticed the game will be shown here tonight on ESPNU. Should be a good game as long as Brentwood Academy does not shoot themselves in the foot. Speed of Prattville will be unlike anything BA has seen to date, except for maybe Ravenwood.

BA has been down this road a time or two. I suspect they will compete at a high level.

Good luck, fellas! Do us proud....

Wow, imagine actually travelling to another state to play great competition. What a novel idea! Did BA investigate to make sure that all of Prattville's players live in the appropriate district and that none were recruited? Isn't BA concerned that it might not be fair that Prattville has so many more students than they have?

brentwood lost a disappointed game 26-0...probably one of the best d's in the nation, but ba's offensive had two turnovers while in scoring position...offense needs work

I'm sure the ride home won't feel real good for the Eagles, but I give them big-time kudos for making the trip to The Jungle.

The only game note I'll mention is the 1st turnover by BA - really hurt them. While the game was scoreless in the 1st qtr, Nelson threw a nice out-pattern & was picked on the Pville 12 or 13 yd line (more of a great defensive effort than a poor pass). They were at least in chip-shot FG range & had some mo going for them at the moment. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game, but it would have been a very different game had BA struck first.

Good luck to all you TN folks !!

Sorry to see this outcome. That Prattville defense must be as good as advertised. Just saw the Prattville punt return on Sportscenter's Top Plays highlights.

Anyway, my hat is off to BA for playing this game. BA ducks no one.

Prattville's defense is incredibly fast, and they are talented team, no doubt about it. That said, BA's defense hung in there nicely, and the offense managed a few big plays. Ultimately the two BA turnovers in the 1st half killed them. Prattville capitalized on them, as great teams do. Prattville is a good enough team that you certainly don't want to help them.

BA's big weakness is their inability to pass well consistently. They can beat most teams with the run, but not this one. The inability to mix it up kept the BA defense on the field all night. Prattville pulled away on a very tired BA defense.

Prattville has one of the most disciplined defenses I've seen. It won't make any highlight reels, but in the 2nd half BA executed a HB pass across the field to the QB to perfection. In most college games this is a TD, and certainly in a HS game. Prattville's CB stayed in position and limited a brilliantly conceived and run trick play to 17 yards.

Hats off to 2 good teams. BA represented us well.

Prattville's defense is incredibly fast, and they are talented team, no doubt about it. That said, BA's defense hung in there nicely, and the offense managed a few big plays. Ultimately the two BA turnovers in the 1st half killed them. Prattville capitalized on them, as great teams do. Prattville is a good enough team that you certainly don't want to help them.

BA's big weakness is their inability to pass well consistently. They can beat most teams with the run, but not this one. The inability to mix it up kept the BA defense on the field all night. Prattville pulled away on a very tired BA defense.

Prattville has one of the most disciplined defenses I've seen. It won't make any highlight reels, but in the 2nd half BA executed a HB pass across the field to the QB to perfection. In most college games this is a TD, and certainly in a HS game. Prattville's CB stayed in position and limited a brilliantly conceived and run trick play to 17 yards.

Hats off to 2 good teams. BA represented us well.

Did they represent well? I dunno.... we traveled to Prattville to watch the game, only to get hung up in traffic just outside of Nashville for two hours arriving at the game with three minutes left to go in the fourth quarter. I did not get to see the game and do not get ESPNU to record the game, so I have not seen it. 26-0 sounds like such a lopsided score, I'm just uncertain how the score could be so heavily favored for Prattville and that BA could still represent well. Obviously, we were disappointed in the loss, but it sounded like Prattville was lightening fast and that they truly lived up to their reputation as tops in the nation.