Sullivan North @ Tennessee High

tricitiessportsfan

Who do you think will win this matchup?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this matchup?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes to be a huge conference game. Let's here it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is one of about five games I'd like to see on our off week.I watched the North and Rye Cove game,not much of a game.This one should be a very good game however.Tennessee High has some good athletes and this should be the best test for Sullivan North so far . Playing or watching a game at the stone castle is a real treat.

Tennessee High must win 4 out of their next 5 games if they want to host a playoff game. This year it's easier said than done. I don't think Tennessee High is a solid favorite in any of their remaining games with the exception of Sullivan Central, although I'm sure the Cougars won't be a walk in the park either.

Tennessee High will be the toughest team North will face thus far. They will run and score on the Vikings, but I predict that Tennessee wins.

THS 21 North 14

Guest longhorns51

This will be a good game. THS is upset off about last friday, well they better be. That means North better watch out. But im picking North in the upset.

North 28

Tennessee 21

Sullivan North (5-0)

Opponents combined record: 7-18

Common opponent: Sullivan East W 36-7

Offensive Averages

Points per game: 36

Total offense per game: 255

Rush yards per game: 236

Pass yards per game: 19

Turnovers/Giveaways per game: 1

Defensive Averages

Points allowed per game: 8

Total yards allowed per game: 107

Rush yards allowed per game: 79

Pass yards allowed per game: 28

Turnovers/Takeaways per game: 2

Tennessee High (3-2)

Opponents combined record: 15-11

Common opponent: Sullivan East W 20-14

Offensive Averages

Points per game: 19

Total offense per game: 272

Rush yards per game: 190

Pass yards per game: 82

Turnovers/Giveaways per game: 2

Defensive Averages

Points allowed per game: 24

Total yards allowed per game: 272

Rush yards allowed per game: 150

Pass yards allowed per game: 122

Turnovers/Takeaways per game: 2

*All statistics used to compile this data was taken from post game articles on tricitiessports.com

What is the injury situation for Tennessee High this week? I understand the Vikings lost their backup running back/starting corner back (who sees 10+ carries a game) for the year with a knee injury.

No, they lost Carlos Howard for the year due to an ACL injury. He was the kick returner. Simmons, who I believe is the second string hb, should be ready to go next week if they use him. The starting fullback, Matt Pendleton has been out all season long because of a broken humerous. 2nd string fullback, Bradley Tallman, also missed the Science Hill game due to injury. Tallman should be back this week and Pendleton was/is expected to return this week as well. I hope that's the case because both them can contribute a lot on offense and defense. This has been a young and injured team.

No, they lost Carlos Howard for the year due to an ACL injury. He was the kick returner. Simmons, who I believe is the second string hb, should be ready to go next week if they use him. The starting fullback, Matt Pendleton has been out all season long because of a broken humerous. 2nd string fullback, Bradley Tallman, also missed the Science Hill game due to injury. Tallman should be back this week and Pendleton was/is expected to return this week as well. I hope that's the case because both them can contribute a lot on offense and defense. This has been a young and injured team.

I appreciate the clarification. I sympathize with your teams injuries, hope your boys return healthy and fully recovered. This game should prove to be a slobber knocker so I hope those previously injured can handle the back and forth. I hate to ask you for more information, but it'll help me and those I assume are interested put the game into perspective.

Carlos Howard (KR) - out for season

Matt Pendleton (FB) - questionable

Bradley Tallman (FB/LB) - questionable

Feel free to continue my list, any help is appreciated.