Sullivan North @ Tennessee High

tricitiessportsfan

Who do you think will win this matchup?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this matchup?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the clarification. I sympathize with your teams injuries, hope your boys return healthy and fully recovered. This game should prove to be a slobber knocker so I hope those previously injured can handle the back and forth. I hate to ask you for more information, but it'll help me and those I assume are interested put the game into perspective.

Carlos Howard (KR) - out for season

Matt Pendleton (FB) - questionable

Bradley Tallman (FB/LB) - questionable

Feel free to continue my list, any help is appreciated.

Marvin Pierson (DE) - questionable

Tyler Greene (WR) - season

I think that covers it.

My main concern is if the Viking defensive line can top North's running game. I think they'll struggle, but narrowly pull out the victory.

I??™m really not sure what all the hype is about North. Sullivan Central, David Crockett, Rye Cove, and Lee High??¦come on??¦they set this weak schedule up every year and every year it ends the same way. I admit the additions of the ???DB Transfers??? add excitement this year, but they pass the ball about an average of 2 times a game. Do you really think that??™s going to float against a Stubbs D, regardless of how ???down??? they seem to be. There??™s not a team in the MLC (with the exception of maybe Central) that wouldn??™t have the same record that they have at this point if they played the same WEAK schedule. I??™m sure it has excited the North fans and the Kingsport fair-weather bandwagoners but a WEAK ???confidents booster??? schedule may get you an emotional win or two (ala East), but it does nothing for the preparation of the post season show. But I guess you have to get there first. I guess I??™m just a little sore because the Vikings choose to take the road of most resistance and get chastised for loosing to one team that is obviously one of the better overall teams in the STATE and one that could possibly be THE BEST overall team in the STATE! North beat 4 teams that would not win a game in our conference??¦and they are ranked in the State. Unless the Vikings suffer another second half emotional break down like they are now famous for this year, I don??™t see this one living up to the hype.

I??™m really not sure what all the hype is about North. Sullivan Central, David Crockett, Rye Cove, and Lee High??¦come on??¦they set this weak schedule up every year and every year it ends the same way. I admit the additions of the ???DB Transfers??? add excitement this year, but they pass the ball about an average of 2 times a game. Do you really think that??™s going to float against a Stubbs D, regardless of how ???down??? they seem to be. There??™s not a team in the MLC (with the exception of maybe Central) that wouldn??™t have the same record that they have at this point if they played the same WEAK schedule. I??™m sure it has excited the North fans and the Kingsport fair-weather bandwagoners but a WEAK ???confidents booster??? schedule may get you an emotional win or two (ala East), but it does nothing for the preparation of the post season show. But I guess you have to get there first. I guess I??™m just a little sore because the Vikings choose to take the road of most resistance and get chastised for loosing to one team that is obviously one of the better overall teams in the STATE and one that could possibly be THE BEST overall team in the STATE! North beat 4 teams that would not win a game in our conference??¦and they are ranked in the State. Unless the Vikings suffer another second half emotional break down like they are now famous for this year, I don??™t see this one living up to the hype.

Cap, I know it's early, but have you had the chance to see Elizabethton play this year?

Cap I agree with you on a few of those things,but North has a good team this year,believe it. They have played a weak schedule I agree,but so have a few other teams in the area /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You keep crediting yourself with a good first half against DB,(which was DBs first game) were did THS go to after that game?I told some of the Viking faithful last week they had better get ready to get waxed by the Hill /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Best of luck against a good North team. North by a touchdown 20-14

Cap I agree with you on a few of those things,but North has a good team this year,believe it. They have played a weak schedule I agree,but so have a few other teams in the area /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You keep crediting yourself with a good first half against DB,(which was DBs first game) were did THS go to after that game?I told some of the Viking faithful last week they had better get ready to get waxed by the Hill /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Best of luck against a good North team. North by a touchdown 20-14

It was our first game also...so what's your point??? The Vikings keep having mental breakdowns. Its like If they have a big play go against them they are emotionally unable to recover...that's players and Coaches! Sometimes I feel like the boosters should invest in some easyboys w/cup holders for the coaches on the sidelines. They barley show emotion when things are going good but never show it when they're not. The teams emotion seems to mirror that of the coaches. I don't know what was said (or not said) at halftime of the SH game but that was a different team that took the field the second half of that game! To answer your question what have they done since the DB game...for starters they held East to 1 first down until the closing minute of the first half when they were able to score on a big passing play. Holding Gaby to just 2 yards rushing is nothing to sneeze at either. They also held SH to just 43 yards total offense in the first half of that game (something even South could not do) while putting up 140 total O themselves. And when have you ever seen Kinely held to just 80 yards total offense this year? Of course the big field goal block just before half sunk that ship. I will agree that North is no pushover this year because they have not just won games they have dominated...but we will see this Friday what they are really made of. This game weighs heavily on controlling the line of scrimmage.

Cap, I know it's early, but have you had the chance to see Elizabethton play this year?

Yes!! They were able to push SH around up front for most of the game??¦that??™s problem one. They have three fast and talented backs (and when I say fast??¦two of them can run with Keenen)??¦that??™s problem two. From what I have heard about the DB game they held their own much longer than we could and they played SH down to the last possession even with several crucial turnovers committed on their behalf late in the game??¦so that has to give them (at least in their minds) a comparable edge. But the biggest problem I see is that they will probably want it more than we do!!! Shawn is doing great work over yonder!!! Like I have said the Viking seem to have what it takes to win these games, but they have yet to demonstrate (or at least maintain) the level of intensity to close the deal!!!!!!!!!

Yes North has had a weak schedule, and it continues this week against Tennessee High.

North 14

Tennessee High 13

Weak is DBs secondary without Sylvester! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Weak is DBs secondary without Sylvester! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You Hope, You Wish, You Dream.

All three Kingsport area high schools are undefeated !

DB - 6-0

North - 5-0

South - 5-0

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since before the Sullivan East game, the Raiders have been hearing naysayer??™s continuously say they are going to ruin the story. From Ralph Nelson and the Patriots players saying they are going to have their way with North, to Lee High sending a wreath to the school saying they are going to ruin North's homecoming, I have personally witnessed what happens when you give this bunch of player??™s fuel to fan the fire. Offer them respect at the most, these kids play hard tough nosed football, as is the usual output from Bloomingdale teams. Weak schedule or otherwise, they are playing the hand they are dealt and succeeding. As many DB fans have shown support for the success in Colonial Heights over the past two years, however begrudging it may be, I sense they are also showing respect for the success being seen in Bloomingdale this year. It's unfortunate that Sullivan Central and Sullivan East can't help lift Bristol up. This game will be a test for both teams, seeing what Sullivan North is really made of, and seeing if Tennessee High will show the grit they usually muster up around mid season. Being an off week for DB, and with Sullivan Central visiting Sullivan South, I encourage anybody from the Kingsport area looking for a game with a decent story line to travel to Bristol, pay the gate and spend money at the concession stand. This one should be a dandy.