Sullivan North @ Tennessee High

tricitiessportsfan

Who do you think will win this matchup?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this matchup?

I have to say it, and those of you who might have had a better angle chime in, but I believe, from my vantage point, the football hit the Tennessee High player on the questionable punt in the first half.

tricitiessportsfan,

I respect your opinion and your vantage point, but I thought it actually hit my son...when I aked him he said he wasn't sure - there was a lot of contact between him and the blocker and he wasn't sure whom it hit first...so you may be correct on that...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hoped for a great game with good sportsmanship and everyone remain injury free...it was a great game, great character and sportsmanship, but that last part didn't happen...North's #3, Sterling Throp, broke his thumb late in the second period (as Bill Lane said in the Times News), it will require surgery to repair...

shouldn't we be able get to TSSAA officials who can at least bend over and set the ball on the ground, as opposed to having to drop it to the turf?...just an observation, concern, and question...they didn't decide the outcome of the game, but they were not mobile enough to handle the talent and speed on the field.

I hate to hear that about Sterling, I had thought it was his wrist, but a broken thumb that requires surgery to fix is much worse than what myself and those around me anticipated. I assume the injury is season ending? I hope a speedy recovery finds him, the Raiders really could've used his big play ability late in the fourth last night. Good kid Sterling is. Hope Walker and Joseph are doing fine as well.

I too was concerned with the abilities of the referees last night, not the calls. From time to time it looked as if they were too lazy to take the necessary measures to ensure first downs and also from time to time looked plain confused. I digress, however, a loss is a loss. Kids showed alot of heart last night, fought til the end.

Go Indians. Go Raiders. Go Rebels.

For a laugh go to www.tricities.com and watch the Touchdown Friday Night. They say TN High upsets Sullivan North. Upset, you kidding me? From tssaa; TN High = 1342 students, North = 638. Injuries or not, an upset? What a stretch! Since people love to knock DB for having numbers, we should have a math class. North has 47% the student body as compared to TN High. North lost (21-19) but scored 90.4% of the points TN High scored. TN High = 1342 students and DB has 1942. TN High has 68% the student body that DB has. TN High lost 42-13, scoring 30.9% of the points. Looks like TN High is not playing to their level. Also, some claim North gains benefit of DB players leaving? Guess that means the DB vs TN High score coulda been 56-13 if no transfers had left.

Bud, a lot of what your arguing doesn't make sense. The only thing that I agree with you on is that more students go to Tennessee High than North. What matters is how many players are on the field and how good they are. Tennessee High has 59 players on varsity while North has 48 players. THS currently has at least 6 players injured so that reduces the numbers to 53. If we talk percentages, than North actually has a higher percentage of their male student body playing for them than THS and even though DB has approximately 300 more males than Tennessee High, they only have a .04% less male student body turnout. Although North's higher turnout is to be expected since they are a smaller school. This indicates that for Tennessee High's size, they have a low turnout for football. Regardless of how big or small Tennessee High and North are, they have about the same number of players out there; so the total number, which includes females, is irrelevant. By your logic, if Alcoa defeated Tennessee High or North it would be considered a major upset because North and Tennessee have a larger student population than Alcoa. Alcoa has 75 players on their varsity roster, most of which are more talented than either of the previously mentioned teams as well. Should JC and Science Hill be considered favorites over DB because they have larger student populations?

I'm not familiar with who transferred. I watched North play and they have several good players. I don't know if any of them are transfers, however, if they are indeed transfers as well as big contributors to North's 2008 season, then how is North not benefiting from those?

I considered this an upset due to a variety of reasons. A majority of the people on this board were predicting a Raider victory. North came in 5-0, ranked 6th in the state. Tennessee High came in 3-2, unranked, and with several starters injured. The games the Vikes have managed to win thus far have been by 11 points or less while North has been spanking most of thier opponents. I know a win over Rye Cove doesn't mean anything but a 36-7 victory over East raised a lot ears in this area and certainly got Tennessee's attention.

Oh and Cap1, you knocked on Chris Sensabaugh earlier in the season saying quote,

"You guys in DB have to get your head out of the clouds with your CS expectations. If Coach Smith uses Ryan Mitchell even sparingly in his offense, nobody will even remember Chris's name after this year. Ryan is also a sophomore and only touched the ball maybe 6 times (5-80 rushing), one went for a 56 yard TD and then you add the spectacular kickoff return that was one person away from taken it to the house. I've seen both (CS twice) ;and he is BETTER...deal with it. As far as the two teams compare to each other...all you have to do is take a look at the rosters on paper....It don't take rocket science. They have 20+ player over 220 pounds. They have a TE that is 6'4" 230 with great feet, the problem is they did not use him at all...so you don't know if he can even catch. Believe me with a good coach they could remove all starters and still match DB (and any other team in the area) with size and talent. But the bottom line is that SS will never be able to put a game plan together to beat a GC coached team end of story!!! Switch coaches and DB would have a loosing season and SH would be 5A State Champions. JMO

Just a note...SH has at least three backs that would challenge CS for the starting position if they were at DB...and that's not an exaggeration. No one can ever question the fact that I have never said that DB wasn't a good team, but I have and I still do question your depth (in size and talent). Point and case... you had to take your starting WR and move him to RB when Chris got hurt...I rest my case."

Darn Cap1, where to start. Let me see, (and please all fans read very carefully as I expose Cap1)

Source # 1 latest on Science Hill www.tricitiessports.com "Science Hill is led by Kinley, who has run for 350 yards and 5 TDs and passed for another 318 yards and 4 TDs. "We need to get our passing game going a little better this week,'' said Smith. "They have a good defense.'' In addition to Kinley, Armando Canepa has rushed for 220 yards and Ryan Mitchell for 213 yards. Larry Smith has stepped up to be the primary receiver. The 6-6, 180-pound Smith has 13 catches for 250 yards, while Corey McPherson has caught 8 for 82 yards."

Now, after 6 games, time to get exposed. Read Cap1's dismissing opinion about Sensabaugh and how Science Hill RB's are so great. CAP1 says Sensabaugh would be nothing compared to the two great backs at Science Hill. Fact is Sensabaugh has played about ONLY 3 GAMES this season (due to an elbow seperation) and one quarter of another game gaining 588 yard on 71 carries for 8.3 yards a carry and 6 TDs in just 3 games. Ouch. Two of your so called awesome running backs combined don't even have the same numbers as Chris Sensabaugh in TWICE the number of games! Ouch! Does that make Chris 4 or 8 times the running back of those guys? So even though you have seen all of these backs compete and you claim "using Mitchell sparingly in that offense would make folks forget about Sensabaugh", we are laughing at you! Sensabaugh is 4 times better, in half as many games, deal with it.

By the way, you almost got beat by North, you should worry about that more then DB or Science Hill. Also, does DB have the honor of drilling TN High again next year? I mean Bristol media called the TN High win an upset. I remember after DB beat TN High in week 0 42 -13 the Bristol media claimed that it was not that bad of a loss. I see, Cap1, gets his logic from the local media, makes since

Also, to the person that said Ashlon Adams was not that great, I think he leads the conference with ADAMS 23/430 18.6 yards per and 5 TDs

Listen here BUD??¦I??™m not sure what your point is, but you prove nothing more than the fact that we both have our own opinions with your nonsensical babble! You are trying to pee on the wrong flag pole and I??™m fixin to turn the sprinkler system on ya. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I have never said that Chris was not a GREAT back. I simply said that I feel (which means that it is my opinion) that he is better suited to be a FB??¦and I STILL stand by that. By the way Chris actually has 576 yards on 72 carries and 6 Tds in FOUR games. Not that that makes any difference, but you failed to remember Week 0 when he rushed for only 21 yards on 6 carries 3.5 ypc against the Vikings before he made his unfortunate departure. I don??™t blame you for wanting to exclude that one for several obvious reasons. The fact is that I would love to see Ryan Mitchell (63 yards on 9 carries at 7 ypc against the Vikings) as the featured back behind that monster line at DB??¦but I say again that this is just my opinion. In fact I didn??™t translate anything in your post that you said I stated that I would reverse at this time. I would however with all due respect like to reverse my call (which you failed to bring up) on Crawford. I stated that he was only dangerous with his feet and didn??™t have accuracy with his short to medium passing game??¦and that simple isn??™t true. He is as good as if not better than most that I have see in both areas??¦and he has proven that to be the fact! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I really didn??™t fully believe that myself and stated it mostly in an attempt to challenge him into exploring what I believed to be his vulnerable spot in the game against the Vikings. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> In fact he has become my current DB fav (taking the place of the Great Joseph Throp) for many reasons (of course that??

Listen here BUD??¦I??™m not sure what your point is, but you prove nothing more than the fact that we both have our own opinions with your nonsensical babble! You are trying to pee on the wrong flag pole and I??™m fixin to turn the sprinkler system on ya. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I have never said that Chris was not a GREAT back. I simply said that I feel (which means that it is my opinion) that he is better suited to be a FB??¦and I STILL stand by that. By the way Chris actually has 576 yards on 72 carries and 6 Tds in FOUR games. Not that that makes any difference, but you failed to remember Week 0 when he rushed for only 21 yards on 6 carries 3.5 ypc against the Vikings before he made his unfortunate departure. I don??™t blame you for wanting to exclude that one for several obvious reasons. The fact is that I would love to see Ryan Mitchell (63 yards on 9 carries at 7 ypc against the Vikings) as the featured back behind that monster line at DB??¦but I say again that this is just my opinion. In fact I didn??™t translate anything in your post that you said I stated that I would reverse at this time. I would however with all due respect like to reverse my call (which you failed to bring up) on Crawford. I stated that he was only dangerous with his feet and didn??™t have accuracy with his short to medium passing game??¦and that simple isn??™t true. He is as good as if not better than most that I have see in both areas??¦and he has proven that to be the fact! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I really didn??™t fully believe that myself and stated it mostly in an attempt to challenge him into exploring what I believed to be his vulnerable spot in the game against the Vikings. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> In fact he has become my current DB fav (taking the place of the Great Joseph Throp) for many reasons (of course that??

Nice rebuttal Cap.But remember Sensabaugh got hurt in the game against the vikes.Thanks for upgrading your thoughts on our QB also.I knew you would come around. Good luck to the Vikings.Your boy is one of the best players in the state.Alot of talent there.

Thanks PB. He misted a tackle that lead to one of Norths TDs and I??™ve been ribbin him pretty hard about it. He just started talking to me again last night. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would like to see Stubbs write him into the offense more but I guess the coach knows best. Besides we have Keenan and??¦well??¦Keenan! What else does a seasoned coach with a well balanced offensive attach need??! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />