Latest AP Poll for Class 1A

FridayMainEvent

At least region 1 isnt alone. Those fellas up on Roan Mtn prolly log more miles than anyone in our conference tho, i bet they travel almost 4 hours to Jellico, and 2.5 to grace.

Huntland is out in nowhere also. Huntland to Perry County or WC/Collinwood has to be at least 2 to 2.5 hrs.

Dont forget about the little yellow jackets. We love to compete against SP. TC1

TC is a big 1A school. Not a small 1A like SP.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment OP, I know that every team has "those" fans, thanks for your kind words, and I really have no idea where SP is! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Arent you guys around the Chatt area? Anyway thanks again! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SP has been known as a football town for years. It is located 30 miles SW of Chatt off of I-24. The football tradition is rich around the surrounding valley. Hopefully the Pirates will be able to schedule area teams that a are larger schools that over the years were rivalries. Recently SP was forced to play region games against new privates that were in the process of building programs from scratch. These programs will be a force sooner than the publics want.

Look up SP's "National Cornbread Festival" on the internet. Every spring the town hosts the festival and over 100,000 come and join the festivities over the 3 days. When/if you come, be sure and take time to see the fine football facility SP has. It's only a few blocks south of the festival. Lots of pride in this little community.

Good Luck again to you and yours from the home of the MIGHTY PIRATES.

OP says, "IF YOU'RE NOT THE LEAD DOG, THE SMELL OR SCENARY NEVER CHANGES.

Dont forget about the little yellow jackets. We love to compete against SP. TC1

We sure do. Some of the most epic battles in our schools history, win or lose, have been with the Pirates. We have two very similar programs and communities. Both are rich in tradition and supported by diehard high school football fans. All the good folks up here in T.C. have nothing but the utmost respect for the Pirate Nation. If all goes as planned, we will meet again sometime in November. In order to be the best (T.C.), you've got to beat the best (S.P.). I just hope we can get a shot at you guys. Good luck the rest of season from Trousdale County.

We sure do. Some of the most epic battles in our schools history, win or lose, have been with the Pirates. We have two very similar programs and communities. Both are rich in tradition and supported by diehard high school football fans. All the good folks up here in T.C. have nothing but the utmost respect for the Pirate Nation. If all goes as planned, we will meet again sometime in November. In order to be the best (T.C.), you've got to beat the best (S.P.). I just hope we can get a shot at you guys. Good luck the rest of season from Trousdale County.

Same here in Pirate land. We love the meetings with T.C. Although the teams have only played 5 times in the past it seems like much more. The games are intense with so much hanging on each play. Good luck to TC for the rest of the season as well from South Pittsburg. Hope to meet up again in the 3rd round.

I would love to see a Hall of Fame Game take place at the start of everyone's schedule. I would love to see South Pittsburg take on the likes of Alcoa or Maryville. Maybe they could or couldn't hang with them, but I say Hall of Fame games because I have been told at least in basketball, that a loss doesn't count on the record...maybe I am wrong. But man, I would love to see it. I get tired of watching Pittsburg beat up on people. I love that they win, but man, they have to get bored too, ha. Trousdale gives them a good run every year, and Tyner has been a great game for both teams the past two years, but until playoffs, SP never sees much 1A talent. I would love to see them play bigger schools.

South Pittsburg really does eat live and breathe football. You can see anyone and everyone at a game. This entire valley is rich in football tradition. I think South Pittsburg has an outstanding feeder program in little league, which is I think key. They're getting taught right. Pittsburg by number can't move up....but they are taught to dominate young. I'm hoping I can make the trip in to see them in Murfreesboro.

South Pitt probably does need to move up , when the new classifacations come out and they are playing in the small 1a ,they will be in a league of their own. I just don't see anyone in the small 1a that could ecen compete.

Do you realize that SP is one of the smallest public schools in TN that plays football? There is about 11 public schools with a football team with a smaller enrollment than than them. Compare the enrollment of TC, Oneida, Gordonsville, McKenzie, Hampton and even Whitwell with SP and you will see what I mean. Many forget that the building at SP houses 7-12 and gives the perception of a much larger school.

Fall 2008 enrollment keep in mind, many of the schools below SP are either private or don't have a football team or both.

This poll is a joke. We should at least be number 3 or 4. Cosby ranked ahead of us? We will show them.

Actually I think GCA is lucky to even be in it. They should be about 18.

Hey Mckenzie Is Proud To Be Mckenzie. Leave Us Outta Any Pole you Want, We Could Give A Rat's Patoot. And Next Season We Are Playing 2A Ball. And We Can Start Drilling them Like We Did Before We Left. It's Been Fun See ya Hon. South Pitt Ya'll Awesome, Wish We Had A Better Showing. This Season We Gonna Make A Run And See What happens. But If Ya'll Anywhere Close To The Monster Ya'll Was Last Year We Just Might Phone It In.