Millingto vs. Bartlett

cam6

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Region game for the Trojans and it is on the road. Bartlett appears to be bad this year. What is the real story over at bartlett? Any talent? Is it bad schemes? What is going on over there they have been down for several years now?

millington can not afford to overlook anyone Bartlett always plays us tough, and we must get better every week

Another Region game for the Trojans and it is on the road. Bartlett appears to be bad this year. What is the real story over at bartlett? Any talent? Is it bad schemes? What is going on over there they have been down for several years now?

Bartlett was actually in line to make the playoffs last year, but Armbruster rested his starters for the last game knowing they were in the playoffs only to find out Bolton had to forfeit. There game then turned into a must win for them the day of the game. Yeah you have to be ready to play but we are dealing with the psyche of 16 and 17 year olds. The Panthers are good defensively but have work to do offensively. As most people know the wishbone triple option is a scheme that has to be precise with the right quarterback making the right reads. Just a down year for the Panthers but they will bounce back next year because I think they are young.

Going into the year, I really thought that Bartlett would be the number 2 team in the league. But where they are suffering is lack of speed and it just isn't this year. It's been that way the last couple of years. Arlington is the same way. Didn't have any speed last year and don't have any this year. Better start looking at the track team or getting your football players to run track in the spring.

Unless Millington has a repeat of it's fumblefest vs Craigmont, this game should be well in hand by halftime. Going into the season I woudn't have made such a bold prediction. But, at this point Bartlett is the biggest disappoitment in the region. I too thought that Bartlett would finish #2 in the region behind Millington. Instead It looks as though they will finish 5th and out of the playoffs.

My updated region predictions:

1. Millington

2. Cordova

3. Craigmont

4. Ridgeway

Go Trojans!!

Unless Millington has a repeat of it's fumblefest vs Craigmont, this game should be well in hand by halftime. Going into the season I woudn't have made such a bold prediction. But, at this point Bartlett is the biggest disappoitment in the region. I too thought that Bartlett would finish #2 in the region behind Millington. Instead It looks as though they will finish 5th and out of the playoffs.

My updated region predictions:

1. Millington

2. Cordova

3. Craigmont

4. Ridgeway

Go Trojans!!

Millington

Ridgeway/Craigmont

Craigmont/Ridgeway

Cordova

All we know for sure at this point is that Craigmont has lost to Millington and therefore should be seeded blow them. They all still have to play each other and who knows how this will all shake out, but I gave you what I think as of today.

Millington

Ridgeway/Craigmont

Craigmont/Ridgeway

Cordova

All we know for sure at this point is that Craigmont has lost to Millington and therefore should be seeded blow them. They all still have to play each other and who knows how this will all shake out, but I gave you what I think as of today.

I still have a hard time believing that Craigmont is that good. If It were not for the twilight zone like number of turnovers by Millington in that game then Millington would have won in extremely lopsided fashion. Some where int he neighborhood of 4 touch downs or better. So, with that being said, I contend that the best team that Millington has played thus far is Collierville. Who by the way is only 2-3 with losses to both Germantown, Whitehaven, and Millington. If Collierville were in 7-5a they would be the Clear cut #2.

I still have a hard time believing that Craigmont is that good. If It were not for the twilight zone like number of turnovers by Millington in that game then Millington would have won in extremely lopsided fashion. Some where int he neighborhood of 4 touch downs or better. So, with that being said, I contend that the best team that Millington has played thus far is Collierville. Who by the way is only 2-3 with losses to both Germantown, Whitehaven, and Millington. If Collierville were in 7-5a they would be the Clear cut #2.

I agree, Craigmont has a long way to go. I was at their Overton game last night and I did not think they played very well at all. I do think they are going to at least get the 4 seed. Defensively they are pretty solid and the offense is starting to come around. If it does then they may take the 2 seed. As for Bartlett yeah they are having a down year, but like I said it is a down year for the 7-5a county teams except for Millington. I think they will bounce back. They have some good coaches.

Note taken. What do you guys think about Cordova? Contender or Pretender? Based upon who they have played and the outcome, I'm thinking Pretender ... but I have been wrong before.

Note taken. What do you guys think about Cordova? Contender or Pretender? Based upon who they have played and the outcome, I'm thinking Pretender ... but I have been wrong before.

I have seen Cordova play several times this season and if they would have left their starters in the whole game--rather remove them in the third quarter--they would have beaten Arlington by 60 plus. Arlington scored on their third stringers. Unfortunately, we might not get a chance to find out how good Cordova really is (was) since they have seven starters out tonight. Three are gone for the year and maybe one more. I am just a fan, I don't know alot about everyone else, but they have looked pretty good before the injury bug hit.

I have seen Cordova play several times this season and if they would have left their starters in the whole game--rather remove them in the third quarter--they would have beaten Arlington by 60 plus. Arlington scored on their third stringers. Unfortunately, we might not get a chance to find out how good Cordova really is (was) since they have seven starters out tonight. Three are gone for the year and maybe one more. I am just a fan, I don't know alot about everyone else, but they have looked pretty good before the injury bug hit.

I also feel the need to say this, Cordova fights a losing battle every year with the private schools. They recruit this area not stop. There probably isn't another public school in the state surrounded by private schools like Cordova is and they all recruit those kids. I imagine Cordova would have a tremendous program if they could even keep half those athletes from leaving for St. George, St. Benedict, Briarcrest, CBHS, ECS, FACS, harding and MUS. Just my opinion.