Class A State Champions 08/09

midtensportsfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrbigster, your not sold on Bradford. Well, I'm not sold on your Freshman. I'm sure they are good though. You've got to realize there's a different level of speed in high school and jr. high ball. You honestly think the Freshman could pull you to a state championship over the likes of Clarkrange, Jackson Co., Bradford? Bradford lost 1 player and that was Danielle Proudfit. They return Molly Wallsmith, Brianna Tubbs and several other big key players off of that team. Proudfit was shut down last year at the state tournaments (didn't even make all-tournament team) and they made it to the state semi's and nearly made it to the finals! I'm sold on Bradford for this year and I think they'll make another run at a state title!

I saw Lake Co. girls last year, without the 8th graders, and they did not look too great at all. I do realize that ya'lls best player was out then but if she made that much of a difference, I'd be surprised. They did not have much when I saw them.

I'm not sure if yall played Martin in middle school or not or just played Springhill,Yorkville,Medina ..etc..Lake Co played Humboldt,Dyersburg,Lake Rd..Three Oaks,Northview and blew them all out..T.T.Flowers is the real deal and was told there were only 2 more girls in the area close to her..the girl from Martin and I believe a girl that's going to Gibson Co..T.T. won M.V.P. in just about every tournament they were in..And Lake Co lost Sarah Wallace and Quenie Jordan but I think we'll be quicker this year..And with Abbot back healthy,the girl you're talking about being the best player for Lake Co..T.T. will probably be the 2nd best already..Maybe they weren't impressive to you..So by that statement,I assume you don't think Bradford or Gleason or Greenfield were any good either.. Lake Co split with Gleason..beat Greenfield and lost to Bradford by about 4 or 6 points each game in the regular season I believe,,Didn't one of those teams..maybe Bradford,beat the mighty Pioneers by a point last year..And I believe Dresden lost to yall by about 10 points and Lake Co beat Dresden by about 13..Trenton lost to yall by 4 and we played Trenton tough each game..had the lead in most of them but lost basically because of depth..So..Gibson Co didn't beat those same teams by very much more....Not saying Lake co would have beaten Gibson Co..just that by your comment..Lake Co didn't look very good..Against the same teams..played all of them about the same..

And I didn't say they would win the State over Clarkrange..Jackson Co..I'm just not sure if Bradford will be better than last year...And I believe Lake Co will be better...Bradford may be better..Just my opinion..But ..based on the games last year and them losing Proudfit ..I think Lake Co will win..But I'm also not sure either of us are any better than Humboldt,Gleason,Greenfield etc..And you're right ..the speed is different..But I will promise you..There won't be a quicker or faster girl in District 14A than T.T.Flowers..freshman or not..I believe she's going to help Lake Co simply by bringing the ball down the floor..Other than Renita Kinney..nobody else was very good at handling the ball..Her speed on defense will cause a lot of turnovers and I believe easy layups..I could be wrong...but we'll see!

Megan Porter is the Freshman from Gibson Co. She's the real deal as well! The Freshman from Martin is Taylor Swaim who is the sister of Martin's Grace Ann Swaim.

As a matter of fact, I won't lie to you. Bradford DID beat Gibson Co. last year by 2-4 points! Just to let you know, 4 of 5 starters were in foul trouble and the officiating in the game was the worst by far! Also, Gibson Co. as well as Bradford were in the state tournaments although GC did get a butt whoopin in the first game. I just don't see how you think 2-3 Freshman can turn an average 1A Lake Co. team into a state title contending team in 1 year. I'm sure the Freshman are really good as I heard about them all last year.Remember though, the speed is faster at the high school level as well as the players being bigger. If your Freshman are as good as the hype then I'll give them the edge in another year or two. Good Luck to Lake Co. this year but I see Bradford controlling the West TN 1A class!

mrbigster, did TT Flowers and the other Freshman play on any AAU programs this summer? I know Megan Porter and Taylor Swaim played with the TNWings.

Megan Porter is the Freshman from Gibson Co. She's the real deal as well! The Freshman from Martin is Taylor Swaim who is the sister of Martin's Grace Ann Swaim.

As a matter of fact, I won't lie to you. Bradford DID beat Gibson Co. last year by 2-4 points! Just to let you know, 4 of 5 starters were in foul trouble and the officiating in the game was the worst by far! Also, Gibson Co. as well as Bradford were in the state tournaments although GC did get a butt whoopin in the first game. I just don't see how you think 2-3 Freshman can turn an average 1A Lake Co. team into a state title contending team in 1 year. I'm sure the Freshman are really good as I heard about them all last year.Remember though, the speed is faster at the high school level as well as the players being bigger. If your Freshman are as good as the hype then I'll give them the edge in another year or two. Good Luck to Lake Co. this year but I see Bradford controlling the West TN 1A class!

mrbigster, did TT Flowers and the other Freshman play on any AAU programs this summer? I know Megan Porter and Taylor Swaim played with the TNWings.

That's the two girls I heard about..Was told they were good ,close to her but not as fast as T.T...I saw the Swaim girl in the middle school state tournament between Martin and Lake Co,held at Martin..Lake Co had them by 20 points most of the way and T.T. was name MVP of the whole tournament..I believe 4 of the 5 starters made the all tournament team..As far as playing AAU ball..This is a quote from the guy that coached them this past summer.......The freshmen for LC are gonna be a force in 14a for several years and the next class just adds fuel to the fire! This summer in aau TT, carnation, Brooke, shasta all eligible for 12u and 13u actually played 14u and competed extremely well. This bunch has played competition comparable to HS level all summer and last summer as well........He's talking about Carnation Hart and T.T. Flowers in the post and that they could have played in 12 and 13 but moved up to 14 at that time...I saw these girls all last year and they are quick...I'm not saying they could do it as freshmen..Just that with Renita Kinney and the other two starters back..will fill the void quite nicely..Plus the Mendez girl played last year and will be a sophomore..She is quick as well..And the Pierce girl is still at the middle school this year, and I heard they haven't missed a beat..We'll see...won't be much longer!....I could be wrong about these girls but we'll see

Anyway..Clarkrange and Jackson Co always seem to be at the state and Gleason and Bradford has won several titles between them as well but I'm excited about Lake Co this year as well as all the teams in our district..I could be wrong about Lake Co..I believe they will be one of the top teams..But I believe all our teams are going to have losses this year because I believe from top to bottom it's stronger than it's ever been..I'm more of a boys basketball poster but love good basketball from the ladies also..And I've seen a bunch of great teams over the years..Good luck to Jackson Co,Clarkrange,Bradford,Gleason.etc this year..Should be an exciting year for everyone!

Maybe, with Kinney still being there it'll give those Freshman a chance to learn from her and build on to their learning of the game. What AAU program were they with? Maybe I saw them if they played in the tournament over at UTM this summer.

I'm not sure..Go to the District 14A post and the posts that are by sbl0702..Maybe that will tell you something..He coached them the past several seasons I think..He use to coach football at Lake Co and I believe he still teaches there and is a T.S.S.A.A. official ...If I'm not mistaken..even took them out of State to play several times..Seems like to Florida but not sure!He will be able to tell you more once he comes on this site!

Hey senator! Hows things going...Won't be long till ball season and JC will always have a chance with JB there. See you around.

bigdaddy1 good to hear from you, when are you coming home,soon I hope are you still doing good i hope so tell the misses hi, everything going great for me,had treatment yesterday and all is good

bigdaddy1 good to hear from you, when are you coming home,soon I hope are you still doing good i hope so tell the misses hi, everything going great for me,had treatment yesterday and all is good

We got back 2 weeks ago tomorrow! Glad to be back in Tennessee..I will be seeing you soon! Things are going good. Good to hear thing are well with you.

Heres the thing. Bradford will miss Proudfit. She was a great player who was All-State and one of the best in Class A. But Bradford returns a whole bunch of talent. They also will be playing a pretty talented freshman by the name of Street and a sophomore I think named Combs. Yes they will have to find some girls to step up and give them some depth at times when needed but they have some girls I feel can fill that role. Also Clarkrange predominately played about 6 girls last year and look what they did.

Bradford is the best team in 14A this year in my opinion and they have a chance to be a good team but they dont have the depth they had last year. If they play as physical as they did last year they will get in foul trouble and 2 or 3 will foul out. They had 4 post players last year that they all could play and thats not the case this year.

Lake County has alot of potential but you cant expect freshmen to come in and play up to the Bradford team this year or your going to be disappointed. Lake County was by far the best 8th grade class last year and TT was the best player coming up. You never know whats going to happen and who's going to step up. I think 14A is wide open. The teams of 7A have to be your favorites for a state title.

Bradford is the best team in 14A this year in my opinion and they have a chance to be a good team but they dont have the depth they had last year. If they play as physical as they did last year they will get in foul trouble and 2 or 3 will foul out. They had 4 post players last year that they all could play and thats not the case this year.

Lake County has alot of potential but you cant expect freshmen to come in and play up to the Bradford team this year or your going to be disappointed. Lake County was by far the best 8th grade class last year and TT was the best player coming up. You never know whats going to happen and who's going to step up. I think 14A is wide open. The teams of 7A have to be your favorites for a state title.

You have to realize Lake Co has 3 starters back including Renita Kinney,who was hurt with a shoulder injury most of the year...Lost only Queenie Jordan and Sarah Wallace..I believe the Mendez girl,usually the first or 2nd girl off the bench and very quick will fill one of those spots..And T.T. will fill the other..If the Mendez girl doesn't start..Carnation Hart probably will..Remember..Lake Co barely lost to Bradford each time..Could have won the game in the region at Bradford..Led most of the way..And Lake Co will be quicker this year..Lake Co didn't have anyone to get the ball down the floor last year against a press..I believe they will this year..And this isn't the same Bradford team..Without Proudfit..will make a difference..I believe Lake Co will have 1 or 2 players that will be able to guard Wallsmith..Probably will be T.T. ..Will probably want to keep Kinney fresh and out of foul trouble..If Bradford puts Wallsmith on Kinney.. she's going to be pretty tired at the end of the game..

We got back 2 weeks ago tomorrow! Glad to be back in Tennessee..I will be seeing you soon! Things are going good. Good to hear thing are well with you.

Welcome back young man! Glad to hear that you're back and doing good. Please come by and say hi when we play LA this year would like to talk with you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />