7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

And to answer that question YES they will press late in games, ask riverdale, Dotson has to prepare them someway to be ready for state and since they havent had much of a challenge, besides the 11 point win over Oakland, pressing late in games and conditioning is the best way to go about getting them ready. They seemed to be more or less working on there halfcourt O against riverdale. Riverdale did a better job in transition D then anyone since Oakland has. That being said its still hard to stop Siegel from not running on you some.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to answer that question YES they will press late in games, ask riverdale, Dotson has to prepare them someway to be ready for state and since they havent had much of a challenge, besides the 11 point win over Oakland, pressing late in games and conditioning is the best way to go about getting them ready. They seemed to be more or less working on there halfcourt O against riverdale. Riverdale did a better job in transition D then anyone since Oakland has. That being said its still hard to stop Siegel from not running on you some.

I think they could better served by trying things that they need a little work on things that could get better at. Siegel is working to get better for the postseason, not the state, there is a ways to go and in March, anything can happen

Thats what i meant, and they do work on there half court O late in everygame it seems like. A big reason they let Oakland back in the game there was they were working more from a halfcourt O. But there just trying to get in the best shape possible to play at a top level for the postseason. Plus pressing is something Memphis teams are dominant at, so if I said I dont think Dotson is thinking about state that would be a lie. This team has not won a district game by single digits. This is one of the most dominant teams ive ever watched at this level. I feel Dotson is doing and excellent job with these guys.

Thats what i meant, and they do work on there half court O late in everygame it seems like. A big reason they let Oakland back in the game there was they were working more from a halfcourt O. But there just trying to get in the best shape possible to play at a top level for the postseason. Plus pressing is something Memphis teams are dominant at, so if I said I dont think Dotson is thinking about state that would be a lie. This team has not won a district game by single digits. This is one of the most dominant teams ive ever watched at this level. I feel Dotson is doing and excellent job with these guys.

i agree Dotson is doing a good job, but heck with the talent that Siegel has you could have a 5 year old coach and they would win lol. Hammonds for MVP

Part of that is because they dont try to win on talent alone, are receptive to the coaching they receive, all take their defense pretty seriously, some teams of the past at Siegel havent always been known for. Hard to say a team is dominant after just 1 round of district play, if they do keep this up through the 2nd round and the district tourney, then I think the case can be made.

AAAHHHH YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!! The "SWAMI" is here fresh off yet another (4-0) night raising the all-insightful record to a unbelievable (26-2). The "SWAMI" will make his return on Thursday to answer all questions concerning Friday night's district match-ups. The "SWAMI" has spoken.

AAAAHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEESSSSS !!! The "swami" is here looking to improve on his (26-2) district record. The "SWAMI" realizes that all 7aaa Coaches, Players and Fans are waiting patiently for the "SWAMI'S" arrival, so Wait no MORE !!!! Here are all the winner's for Friday's District match-ups: Oakland will invade Lebanon in a very- interesting-close -hard match-up to call, but the "SWAMI sees Oakland winning by 3. Cookeville will invade the "BORO" and defeat Riverdale by 6. White County will not enjoy their trip into the "BORO" losing by 26 to Siegel. And finally, Blackman will come to McMinnville to play my Pioneers. One of the two district losses the "SWAMI" has this year was week one, when the "SWAMI" took the Pioneers against Blackman. I have learned my lesson. Blackman wins by 7. The "SWAMI" has spoken!! Read em and weep.

Dotson better worry about region before state. I think everyone would agree this District is WAY down this year as a whole so beating everybody by double digits doesn't mean as much this year as it would have last year.

Looking ahead can only cause you to get the door slammed in your face.

I like your pick Swami!

Lebanon is always going to be one of those teams that put a scare into you, but when they run up against teams that play some semblance of defense, they are going to be able to come away with a W. Lebanon is a lock to give up 60 points every night.

actually swami i would say you are correct on akers winning the mvp. i dont know who votes on this thing but they are obviously idiots. tyler cutter got screwed out of the mvp last year. he carried a team of sophomores to the final four while averaging 17pts and 8 assists a game. i know carter didnt put up thise kind of numbers. i dont think a player from siegel has ever won the thing. between ramsey, oden, and cutter you would think 1 of the 3 would get it. all 3 played in the state tournament final four losing to the eventual champs. lets look at the district last year and name the players i would "draft" to my team before carter:

siegel: cutter, hammonds

oakland: epps, moppins

white county: all 3 of the guards that graduated, puckett

riverdale: michael young

lebanon: xavier smith

warren co: the black kid cant remember his name

thats 11 players that were clearly better than carter. that was the biggest joke i had ever seen. i guess they picked him since he lead his team to absolutely nothing last year.

Epps? c'mon man. Thats one Oakland player I never liked.

He really believes hes goin pro lol.

Kerry is awesome everyone knows that. MVP isn't his yet. The district isn't either.

I'd like to see some of those players above get in the type of zone that Alex could get in.

Oakland was not suppose to be as good as they were Chases jr yr. Thats how great Chase was and how important he was to Oakland. Chase Deserved MVP and he got it.

One thing I do love about Siegel is the way they run-n-gun. I love that style of basketball I wish Oakland would run more.

No, Cookeville don't cheat at all. They can absolutly shoot! Its like a chain reaction, once one hits the 3 they all start hitting. Siegel prob still wins by double digits. If the 3's start falling tho anything can happen.

Lebanon can put the points up but Oakland has done a great job of holding teams below there avg.

That game could go either way no doubt.

AHH got me wanting to just let loose on ol Dejuan Epps lol Dood may have been the biggest-cocky jerk ever.

It was Chaisson Allen his junior year. Lebanon really put a scare into Siegel when they came here, we won by around 30? And I dont think there really looking ahead to state what so ever, I just think they are practicing and playing to make it there like every other team does. This is the best Siegel team because they are very coachable, and i have a feeling if this was anything but great coachable kids that everyone on here would be throwing a fit about Mr. Hammonds coaching for Siegel now, but I feel he was a great addition to the coaching staff. I dont care how "down" this district is, when you go through the district once and dont have a single digit game that is something to brag about.