MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Chaisson Allen his junior year. Lebanon really put a scare into Siegel when they came here, we won by around 30? And I dont think there really looking ahead to state what so ever, I just think they are practicing and playing to make it there like every other team does. This is the best Siegel team because they are very coachable, and i have a feeling if this was anything but great coachable kids that everyone on here would be throwing a fit about Mr. Hammonds coaching for Siegel now, but I feel he was a great addition to the coaching staff. I dont care how "down" this district is, when you go through the district once and dont have a single digit game that is something to brag about.

I think when you hired somebody that is related to a player, it can be dicey, but if he is legit in terms of if he can coach, then there shouldnt be a problem regardless.

Siegel should win easily esp. since Puckett has went down with a knee injury again. The question is will Siegel again continue to full court press with a 25-30 point lead with less than a minute to go in the game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Any White County fans heard anything about Puckett's knee? It didn't look good Tuesday night at Blackman.

i have 3 arguements for this one.

i remember jj still being in the game at white co a few years ago and dunking with about a minute left when they were up 15 or so. maybe if your players and fans werent so cocky the last couple of years people wouldnt want to blow you out of the gym.

also, that was the j.v. team playing the last 5 minutes of the game and pressing you. i dont even know some of the kids names that were playing at that point.

last, its not the job of the team that is winning to quit playing. its the job of the other team to stop them.

so quit crying you big baby. you were having a ball a couple of years ago when yall beat siegel 3x when you had a team of seniors beating up on a bunch of sophomores. that was a lot of fun and yall were talkin major crap. i hope the popcorn was good at murphy center since yall were sitting up there watching my siegel boys smack antioch. now that its the other way around you wanna cry and whine because siegel is spankin yall. i hope siegel breaks the scoreboard tonight to be completely honest.

Epps? c'mon man. Thats one Oakland player I never liked.

He really believes hes goin pro lol.

Kerry is awesome everyone knows that. MVP isn't his yet. The district isn't either.

I'd like to see some of those players above get in the type of zone that Alex could get in.

Oakland was not suppose to be as good as they were Chases jr yr. Thats how great Chase was and how important he was to Oakland. Chase Deserved MVP and he got it.

One thing I do love about Siegel is the way they run-n-gun. I love that style of basketball I wish Oakland would run more.

No, Cookeville don't cheat at all. They can absolutly shoot! Its like a chain reaction, once one hits the 3 they all start hitting. Siegel prob still wins by double digits. If the 3's start falling tho anything can happen.

Lebanon can put the points up but Oakland has done a great job of holding teams below there avg.

That game could go either way no doubt.

AHH got me wanting to just let loose on ol Dejuan Epps lol Dood may have been the biggest-cocky jerk ever.

so your telling me that chaisson won because they werent supposed to go that far and he carried them there. i guess last year siegel was supposed to go to the final four and thats why cutter didnt get mvp beacuse they were supposed to get that far. everyone said siegel didnt have a chance against antioch and they came out and busted them.

I think when you hired somebody that is related to a player, it can be dicey, but if he is legit in terms of if he can coach, then there shouldnt be a problem regardless.

he is a legit coach. ive seen him rip kerry just as much as anybody else. from what i hear he won a couple of conference championships at mtsu and is their all time leading scorer and rebounder. i would say he knows a little bit about basketball. this isnt like jimmy odens situation.

and im telling yall, the siegel teams of the past have been cocky and mouthy. they couldnt take coaching and were a bunch of individuals. this team is different. they listen and they play TOGETHER. they ALL have one goal...a gold ball. thats what makes this team better than the past teams. i think cutter had a big impact on this teams way of thinking and playing. you can say what you want about cutter and sure he was a bit cocky, but at the end of the day all he wanted was for his team to win. thats where this team gets that mentality from...handed down from tyler. now its time for hammonds gooch and tate to take control of this team. the keith ramsey and jimmy oden team is gone...now its the hammonds, gooch, and tate era at siegel!!!

i have 3 arguements for this one.

i remember jj still being in the game at white co a few years ago and dunking with about a minute left when they were up 15 or so. maybe if your players and fans werent so cocky the last couple of years people wouldnt want to blow you out of the gym.

also, that was the j.v. team playing the last 5 minutes of the game and pressing you. i dont even know some of the kids names that were playing at that point.

last, its not the job of the team that is winning to quit playing. its the job of the other team to stop them.

so quit crying you big baby. you were having a ball a couple of years ago when yall beat siegel 3x when you had a team of seniors beating up on a bunch of sophomores. that was a lot of fun and yall were talkin major crap. i hope the popcorn was good at murphy center since yall were sitting up there watching my siegel boys smack antioch. now that its the other way around you wanna cry and whine because siegel is spankin yall. i hope siegel breaks the scoreboard tonight to be completely honest.

We might have had player that was a bit cocky, but our fans are not. There were starters still in the game down to the last minute because I was there. I'm sure Dotson holds a grudge and kept the press on because when Slatten left White co. they would not hire Dotson.

I'm not crying and not a baby so quit calling people names. Nobody has called you a name.

Siegel might make state and Siegel will beat us tonight, but won't WIN state. They can' beat the best teams out of region 1 so they sure won't beat the best from the Memphis area.

Hopefully after this season White co. is still the only 7AAA team with a state championship ring. I wish the best for Tate. He is a White county boy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We might have had player that was a bit cocky, but our fans are not. There were starters still in the game down to the last minute because I was there. I'm sure Dotson holds a grudge and kept the press on because when Slatten left White co. they would not hire Dotson.

I'm not crying and not a baby so quit calling people names. Nobody has called you a name.

Siegel might make state and Siegel will beat us tonight, but won't WIN state. They can' beat the best teams out of region 1 so they sure won't beat the best from the Memphis area.

Hopefully after this season White co. is still the only 7AAA team with a state championship ring. I wish the best for Tate. He is a White county boy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah right. white county's fans are rediculous. not the students, the parents yelling and acting like they are still in middle school. yall are gettin what you had coming. too bad you wont be around next year to get it some more in 7AAA. guess they should have hired dotson, he has been to murphy center 2x, mitchell hasnt. siegel can and will beat the east tn teams. you are talking about the 2nd and 3rd game of the season. very few teams finish the season the same way they started. and i do remember siegel going to memphis and beating liberty tech. then ranked #2 in the state. basically a home game for them as they are from right up the road in jackson. you see thats why siegel goes to memphis and knoxville and plays the best...so they can get better and get ready for the post season. anybody can go play in the woodbury classic and the smyrna tournament every year.

Siegel Basketball... Taking over 1 game at a time!!!

yeah right. white county's fans are rediculous. not the students, the parents yelling and acting like they are still in middle school. yall are gettin what you had coming. too bad you wont be around next year to get it some more in 7AAA. guess they should have hired dotson, he has been to murphy center 2x, mitchell hasnt. siegel can and will beat the east tn teams. you are talking about the 2nd and 3rd game of the season. very few teams finish the season the same way they started. and i do remember siegel going to memphis and beating liberty tech. then ranked #2 in the state. basically a home game for them as they are from right up the road in jackson. you see thats why siegel goes to memphis and knoxville and plays the best...so they can get better and get ready for the post season. anybody can go play in the woodbury classic and the smyrna tournament every year.

Siegel Basketball... Taking over 1 game at a time!!!

I won't apologize for WC fans being VERY passionate about WC basketball. I'm glad Dotson is where he is. I'll take Mitchell any day. Dotson won't find out what he is made of until this years Juniors graduate and then i'm sure siegel will take some beatings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know who went to Woodbury and Smyrna to play ball. Wasn't White County.

I won't apologize for WC fans being VERY passionate about WC basketball. I'm glad Dotson is where he is. I'll take Mitchell any day. Dotson won't find out what he is made of until this years Juniors graduate and then i'm sure siegel will take some beatings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know who went to Woodbury and Smyrna to play ball. Wasn't White County.

oh that was oakland and riverdale. not takin a shot a white co. lol

but white co did go play in that big tourney at warren county and then host a joke of teams at their own tourney. lol

dont worry about the future and siegel. first off they wont lose a step after this year as the only key player they will lose is nicholas (#34). and as for the future, siegel's jv team has been absolutely killing the rest of the district from what i hear. 3 sophomores get decent playing time with this years team. and i dont mean at the end of the game lol.

oh that was oakland and riverdale. not takin a shot a white co. lol

but white co did go play in that big tourney at warren county and then host a joke of teams at their own tourney. lol

dont worry about the future and siegel. first off they wont lose a step after this year as the only key player they will lose is nicholas (#34). and as for the future, siegel's jv team has been absolutely killing the rest of the district from what i hear. 3 sophomores get decent playing time with this years team. and i dont mean at the end of the game lol.

I can resolve this arguement here... White County guy.. Look at the scoreboard at the end of the game tonight, and you will see how good Siegel is getting.

he is a legit coach. ive seen him rip kerry just as much as anybody else. from what i hear he won a couple of conference championships at mtsu and is their all time leading scorer and rebounder. i would say he knows a little bit about basketball. this isnt like jimmy odens situation.

and im telling yall, the siegel teams of the past have been cocky and mouthy. they couldnt take coaching and were a bunch of individuals. this team is different. they listen and they play TOGETHER. they ALL have one goal...a gold ball. thats what makes this team better than the past teams. i think cutter had a big impact on this teams way of thinking and playing. you can say what you want about cutter and sure he was a bit cocky, but at the end of the day all he wanted was for his team to win. thats where this team gets that mentality from...handed down from tyler. now its time for hammonds gooch and tate to take control of this team. the keith ramsey and jimmy oden team is gone...now its the hammonds, gooch, and tate era at siegel!!!

I am not doubting Big Kerry's knowledge of the game by no means, but it can be a dicey situation when your hiring a relative. As far as this group of kids as opposed to the great talent they had previously, its a pretty shining example of how not to win a state championship. The kids Siegel has arent any more coachable than the kids through the district, just happens to be that Siegel's kids hold a advantage in the talent department. I would like to see some continuity in the terms of the way their program is run. Right or wrong, Dotson inherited an immensely talent group of kids and is always going to get the stigma of being given a job, whether he is indeed a good coach or not. I think its a sad state of affairs when a player has to inspire the proper sort of mentality to be a winning program, but as long as it makes it point, all is the same I suppose.

You guys get flustered when folks go out of their way to dumb down on Siegel, but then again, you guys go out of your way to resort to name calling. I would kill to have the fanbase that Sparta has for all their home games.

I have not ever liked white county, nor will i ever, .... that being said. . . White County's basketball fanbase is something to be envied for sure. Over the years, they are always there, through thick and thin. They can be a little over confident, but hey, they are fanatics of their team, it happens.

As far as Siegel's new coach, ... lets state the obvious. The talent he has been given is ridiculous. Its hard to say what kind of coach he is at this point unless you are in that locker room everyday and in practice, etc... Now, anyone that has leadership skills that could keep this team "together" could easily have the record they have right now with any base of basketball knowledge. .... The real test will be in a couple years when this talent is gone (barring more than 3 transfers from area schools /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ) . He obviously has knowledge of the game, but will he be able to adjust to different team's personalities when they don't overmatch their opponents ability. The sign of a great coach is doing something great with less talent ( Coach King a few years ago )

Now after all of that, I think he is a good coach. He has kept this team together so far. Can he get them over the hump and win a ship? (i still think its a travesty that the Ramsey, Oden team didn't win one, i dont care how individualistic a team is when you are that loaded)