7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Well if things dont get messed up in your district tourney with the best team in the district placing second like they have the past few years You will either see Shelbyville or Oakland in the finals. I am sure that Shelbyville would love to play Siegel more than Oakland also. Shelbyville lost to Siegel by 3 during the Christmas break. I want to see Shelbyville - Oakland in the finals. A battle of the best two coaches in the region...

dumb, the entire post is just dumb.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dumb, the entire post is just dumb.

How is my post dumb???? Have you reread your posts this season at all? I stated three facts and an opinion. The facts are as follows.

1. Last year Siegel was the best team in the district but finished second in the district tourney. Just like the year before Oakland was the best team but finished second in the District Tourney.

2. Shelbyville and Oakland have the two best coaches in region 4AAA.

3. Shelbyville lost to Siegel by three during the Christmas break.

The opinion I made was that I would like to see an Oakland - Shelbyville final.

If that makes my post dumb so be it.

Go Shelbyville and Go Oakland.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

so thats it? its automatic that oakland and siegel will be in the district finals? Its not that easy...

As I said, I am getting ahead of myself. I do think it is getting to take an extraordinary effort to beat either Oakland or Siegel in the district tourney, as both are playing pretty good basketball right now.

so thats it? its automatic that oakland and siegel will be in the district finals? Its not that easy...

look here is my reasoning behind me saying that oakland and siegel will be in the finals:

Siegel has WAY more talent than anybody in the district and lets be honest, dotson might be a little immature at times and ride the refs but he knows basketball. It is looking like Siegel will play warren co. the 1st round then play the winner of lebanon white co. I honestly dont see lebanon, warren co., or white co. beating siegel at siegel in the district tourney.

Oakland does in fact have the best coach in the district with coach king. they are playing well and playing together. It is looking like oakland will play blackman in the 1st round then play the winner of cookeville-riverdale (prob. cookeville). oakland had a huge confidence boosting win over cookeville at cookeville. not to mention that cookeville is playing terrible as of late.

and just to try and go a little further down the road...oakland(#2 7AAA) beats shelbyville(#1 8AAA) in the semi-finals of the region tourney and siegel(#1 7AAA) smacks columbia(#2 8AAA) leading to a 7-AAA showdown between oakland and siegel for the region championship!!!!

Yeah im not going to say its that easy, but trey that is a dumb post and your wrong on a couple counts. Siegel was 3rd in the district at the end of the regular season last season behind White Co and Oakland. So we were not best in the district last year going into the district tourney. Saying that you and Oakland have the best coaches in the district is a total opinion also. Siegel has not lost to Shelbyville ever during regular season or tournament play in my memory. So your coach must not be that good we havent changed our offense in a long time. Ok a 3 point win? last time i checked when you win by 3 or 30 its the same in high school basketball since there is not a BCS. Stick with the big boys in your district dont come over here trying to get buck.

Yeah im not going to say its that easy, but trey that is a dumb post and your wrong on a couple counts. Siegel was 3rd in the district at the end of the regular season last season behind White Co and Oakland. So we were not best in the district last year going into the district tourney. Saying that you and Oakland have the best coaches in the district is a total opinion also. Siegel has not lost to Shelbyville ever during regular season or tournament play in my memory. So your coach must not be that good we havent changed our offense in a long time. Ok a 3 point win? last time i checked when you win by 3 or 30 its the same in high school basketball since there is not a BCS. Stick with the big boys in your district dont come over here trying to get buck.

How has Siegel been doing?? I saw them playing over here in Memphis and I thought they had enough size/speed/athletes to win the whole thing...just curious

I understand that Siegel was not in first place last season. That was more of me saying that Siegel was the best team in that district by talent not record. Siegel beat Shelbyville badly last year at Shelbyville in the regional tourney and I ate my crow for that one. I will say this though if anything is posted negatively about Siegel you Siegel posters jump all over people. I was very happy to see Oakland put you back in to reality if only for one day. Anyone can beat anyone between Siegel, Oakland, Shelbyville, and Columbia on any given night. The year before, Oakland was first place and finished second in the district tourney and the year Oden,Ramsey and company were seniors the district tourney made things differently because you guys matched up with Oakland in the semi finals. I know Siegel has a great basketball program. No other team in the state that started out as a new school has been to the state tourney this many times in less than 10 years of existence. Until Siegel is beat again none of the talk will stop but I am telling you if you think Shelbyville will be a cake walk in the regional tourney this year you might want to rethink that. It is opinion that Kevin Thomas and Randy King are the best coaches in region 4AAA but if you put biased aside and have basketball knowledge you would probably agree. Either way I will just agree to disagree with you because if I post anything negative or not praising Siegel you will have a negative look on it and consider it always a dumb post.

I understand that Siegel was not in first place last season. That was more of me saying that Siegel was the best team in that district by talent not record. Siegel beat Shelbyville badly last year at Shelbyville in the regional tourney and I ate my crow for that one. I will say this though if anything is posted negatively about Siegel you Siegel posters jump all over people. I was very happy to see Oakland put you back in to reality if only for one day. Anyone can beat anyone between Siegel, Oakland, Shelbyville, and Columbia on any given night. The year before, Oakland was first place and finished second in the district tourney and the year Oden,Ramsey and company were seniors the district tourney made things differently because you guys matched up with Oakland in the semi finals. I know Siegel has a great basketball program. No other team in the state that started out as a new school has been to the state tourney this many times in less than 10 years of existence. Until Siegel is beat again none of the talk will stop but I am telling you if you think Shelbyville will be a cake walk in the regional tourney this year you might want to rethink that. It is opinion that Kevin Thomas and Randy King are the best coaches in region 4AAA but if you put biased aside and have basketball knowledge you would probably agree. Either way I will just agree to disagree with you because if I post anything negative or not praising Siegel you will have a negative look on it and consider it always a dumb post.

Good post. You hit the nail on the head.

I have not been impressed with Kevin Thomas when we have played against yall. We even beat the barry stewart dequan twilley team after being down 21-4. Ill neever forget that one. Its not bias at all im not claiming dotson is the 2nd best coach, King is obviously first, but dotson is a good coach and is getting no credit this year. We ate our crow for getting smacked by Oakland. I dont think Shelbyville will be a cake walk, but I do feel we can beat them based off of size, I dont know enough about columbia to say that. I have no clue what sort of size they have.

Yeah i mean its just crazy for a team to come out hot in a game. They couldnt miss in the first quarter. And it is better for your star player to get the flu now than in the district tournament. who wouldnt agree with that??? I guess you have never heard of a player being a game time decision.

No, but I think it would have been a huge confidence boost had they not played him and won anyways. I think Siegel certainly have enough talent where that is a possibility. Apparently he wasnt too sick since he went off for 24 on Lebanon..............

lets be honest...anyone with a brain knows that siegel and oakland will play for the district title (unless something crazy happens). who is in the 6th seed and so on doesnt matter. both siegel and oakland are playing great baketball. oakland has won what 10 in a row? and siegel has won 17 of its last 18. my hat is off to both teams and i cant wait for another entertaining showdown.

i do find it funny however that oakland gets the big write up in the paper with a win over terrible blackman and siegel gets a couple of sentences. i mean siegel did just lock down the number one seed in the tournament and an automatic birth into the region tourny. guess thats no big deal though. and as i stated earlier, siegel has won 17 of 18. guess no one cares about that either. dont get me wrong, 10 in a row is a great achievement and deserves praise, but so does 17 of 18. it is so obvious to everyone that there is an extreme oakland bias in the town!!

The beauty of March is that anything can indeed happen. Oakland could very well be sitting at home after the 1st round of the district tournament for all we know, things can get a little crazy when everybody's season is on the line. As for newspaper coverage, more or less, Siegel got the bump just for the mere fact that the game was in Lebanon, which I think it is a shame that location takes precedent over the better ball game in the area, there maybe an Oakland bias, but this similar situation has happened many times over for Oakland. Hopefully next year will be a little better as everybody will be pretty close to one another, then again, Lebanon is no more than 20-30 minutes from where I live...........

Well if things dont get messed up in your district tourney with the best team in the district placing second like they have the past few years You will either see Shelbyville or Oakland in the finals. I am sure that Shelbyville would love to play Siegel more than Oakland also. Shelbyville lost to Siegel by 3 during the Christmas break. I want to see Shelbyville - Oakland in the finals. A battle of the best two coaches in the region...

Someone is going to have to play out of their minds to be able to beati Siegel AT Siegel. At Lebanon, that was a picture perfect chance for the Blue Devils to take away a win from Siegel, yet the Stars recovered after the 1st Quarter and were still standing at the end of the night. Oakland and Siegel's main competition both have kind of a gimmick system to the point where if the point total or the game isnt dictated by a high tempo, they are probably going to lose against the Stars or the Patriots. And who's to say the Stars were the best team last year? They just happened to be a pretty good team that pick at EXACTLY the right time..........

look here is my reasoning behind me saying that oakland and siegel will be in the finals:

Siegel has WAY more talent than anybody in the district and lets be honest, dotson might be a little immature at times and ride the refs but he knows basketball. It is looking like Siegel will play warren co. the 1st round then play the winner of lebanon white co. I honestly dont see lebanon, warren co., or white co. beating siegel at siegel in the district tourney.

Oakland does in fact have the best coach in the district with coach king. they are playing well and playing together. It is looking like oakland will play blackman in the 1st round then play the winner of cookeville-riverdale (prob. cookeville). oakland had a huge confidence boosting win over cookeville at cookeville. not to mention that cookeville is playing terrible as of late.

and just to try and go a little further down the road...oakland(#2 7AAA) beats shelbyville(#1 8AAA) in the semi-finals of the region tourney and siegel(#1 7AAA) smacks columbia(#2 8AAA) leading to a 7-AAA showdown between oakland and siegel for the region championship!!!!

Nothing wrong with riding the refs a time or 2, so long as a particular coach knows how to deal with the officials. A good coach can turn what was maybe an iffy call at one end, and then get a few calls to go his way over the next few possessions, its a lost art that few coaches these days know how to handle. I am all for any scenario that has Oakland playing for the regional championship......................

As far as seeding, It does make a difference. I would much rather play a wounded White Co. team right now than an improving Riverdale team................