7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Funny, you talk about all this mass talent when I can count on my one hand how many guys from Oakland have gone on to play D-1................... I merely brought up Oakland's past because you guys seem to think for some reason that Siegel is doing something never seen in the district, which is false.

funny you mention that. here is what i have learned from being around sports my entire life. your super star athletes will get noticed simply because they will stand out and are so much better than everyone else. then there are your athletes that arent standouts, that could play ball at the next level with a little help of their coach. maybe their coach needs to make some phone calls and get their names out there. king is a great coach and i honestly like him on a personal level, but it is a shame that with all of the basketball players oakland has had over the years, you can count on one hand the number of kids who have went on to play college ball. this is where the dotson factor comes in to play. everyone on here can say what they want about dotson and his flashy suits and what ever, but he gets his players AND MANAGERS into college and helps them to get a free education. i challenge everyone on here to find another coach in the MIDSTATE that has had 9 members of their program go on to get a free education in the last 5 years. i promise you cant!!!!

and by the way dotson does do a ton of laundry!! lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny you mention that. here is what i have learned from being around sports my entire life. your super star athletes will get noticed simply because they will stand out and are so much better than everyone else. then there are your athletes that arent standouts, that could play ball at the next level with a little help of their coach. maybe their coach needs to make some phone calls and get their names out there. king is a great coach and i honestly like him on a personal level, but it is a shame that with all of the basketball players oakland has had over the years, you can count on one hand the number of kids who have went on to play college ball. this is where the dotson factor comes in to play. everyone on here can say what they want about dotson and his flashy suits and what ever, but he gets his players AND MANAGERS into college and helps them to get a free education. i challenge everyone on here to find another coach in the MIDSTATE that has had 9 members of their program go on to get a free education in the last 5 years. i promise you cant!!!!

and by the way dotson does do a ton of laundry!! lol

Oakland has had its fair share go on to play in other Divisions such as D-II and NAIA, the accusations that you make that he doesnt try to get his guys into college or flat plain wrong, this is something that I know from personal experience. Randy is an educator first, and coach 2nd. I commend Dotson for going the extra mile to get his kids into school, but the kids have to want that college education as well, otherwise, it is just a waste of time. I may not be on the up and up about everything, but this is something that I will defend tooth and nail................

Oakland has had its fair share go on to play in other Divisions such as D-II and NAIA, the accusations that you make that he doesnt try to get his guys into college or flat plain wrong, this is something that I know from personal experience. Randy is an educator first, and coach 2nd. I commend Dotson for going the extra mile to get his kids into school, but the kids have to want that college education as well, otherwise, it is just a waste of time. I may not be on the up and up about everything, but this is something that I will defend tooth and nail................

im not going to argue coaching with u anymore on here.

good luck to everyone tonight. i cant wait to watch tomorrows games. if everything goes as it should, you will have siegel vs. lebanon at 445, blackman vs. riverdale (girls) at 630, and oakland vs. cookeville at 815. talk about some great basketball!!!

Whats the prediction on how many Siegel posters will be around if they get knocked out of regions and do not advance to the sub state? I am not predicting this to happen but stranger things have happened. Hopefully for Siegel's team and coaches sake they do not overlook or belittle other teams like some of their posters do.

Whats the prediction on how many Siegel posters will be around if they get knocked out of regions and do not advance to the sub state? I am not predicting this to happen but stranger things have happened. Hopefully for Siegel's team and coaches sake they do not overlook or belittle other teams like some of their posters do.

good thing shelbyville and columbia dont have to worry about anything seeing as how that might be the worst AAA district in the state. shelbyville and columbia are good, other than that there would be some good single A teams.

good thing shelbyville and columbia dont have to worry about anything seeing as how that might be the worst AAA district in the state. shelbyville and columbia are good, other than that there would be some good single A teams.

and percentages: siegel wins district 50%, region 60%, substate 60%, state tourny appearances 60%, and final fours 40%....i like those numbers!!!!!

im not going to argue coaching with u anymore on here.

good luck to everyone tonight. i cant wait to watch tomorrows games. if everything goes as it should, you will have siegel vs. lebanon at 445, blackman vs. riverdale (girls) at 630, and oakland vs. cookeville at 815. talk about some great basketball!!!

I am not even talking about coaching, you tried to pin Coach King as a guy that doesnt try to put his guys into school, which is just plain false. lol What are the chances that of only 2 Oakland posters on this site, you happen to run into the guy with personal knowledge of the program and the coach. If you arent going to argue it, then why bring it up?

this is so pointless, No offense to either side, but neither of you will win this arguement. Oakland is THE program and siegel is the recent benefitiary of what would be Oakland talent. You both will have your valid points and go back and forth just like you have been .... But really star fans, win the state and then talk. Because while anyone would be excited (and should be) about going to state like you have the last five years. The fact that you haven't won it yet with all of that talent is , well, awful. If you don't win it this year or next, i hope i never hear another word about how many state trips you have had in the last five years

this is so pointless, No offense to either side, but neither of you will win this arguement. Oakland is THE program and siegel is the recent benefitiary of what would be Oakland talent. You both will have your valid points and go back and forth just like you have been .... But really star fans, win the state and then talk. Because while anyone would be excited (and should be) about going to state like you have the last five years. The fact that you haven't won it yet with all of that talent is , well, awful. If you don't win it this year or next, i hope i never hear another word about how many state trips you have had in the last five years

Well said, Alumn.

Better enjoy those percentages while they last.

No doubt those numbers will drop.

After they get put out this year you can call them the Siegel "Buffalo Bills" Stars. He he. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />