Brighton v. Henry County

chaos001

The best team on paper here will Win. I can't believe it is only Wednesday. Man I'm ready for the show /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will be eating my popcorn in the 2nd half as the starters once again play a half of football!!

Come on playoffs!!

This is like a playoff game. It probably for the region championship although there are games left to play.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brighton has seen nothing but press coverage all year if you guys traded film you would have seen that and might could have changed the outcome. Brighton come in looking over munford because of 1-5 record and looking forward to henry. Anybody else on that night would have beat brighton just glad it was munford so brightons worst verse munfords best still won out. Great job on shutting brighton down since two backs gained over 100 yds apiece. QB did affect brighton when he went down because brighton is like family on the football team and the confidence sink not like munford where there might be a new guy in the locker next to you anyday so its hard to be a team.

Anyway....Good luck to henry and hope its a great game for a big crowd to watch. It will be a great atmosphere for football

You won we lost. Your right. What really bothers you is that you needed Munford to make a mistake to win a game that you were picked to name the score. Munford's down this year we're not making excuses. Just hang on to that new guy in the locker room stuff if thats what makes you feel better. As far as the Brighton and Henry game I made a pick if you don't like it go out and win and prove me wrong. Your also correct that has been the best we've played all year and I hope we build on that for the rest of the season and into next year because that's what we're doing building for the future. I stand by my pick Henry with a running clock and if I'm wrong I'm man enough to say so!

CougarMike, don't you have better things to do with your life than worry about a team that defeated you, don't you all have a game this week, I mean come on man, this boat sailed away a long time ago, so you and all your litte cougar friends can stay on the shore crying about how you should have won but didn't, while this ship sails away to the playoffs, goodluck with trying to win that second game. About Brighton finishing 3rd in the region, thats fine, but you know what, last I checked the top 4 out of region go to the playoffs, not the bottom of the region. Henry County may "Win Big," but we're still in the playoffs and that is a new season and anything can happen, too bad we can't end your season again in the playoffs. The ship has sailed and you're still on the shore!!! I am MINIHORSE and I have spoken!!!

I'll respond small horse. I'm proud of the way our guys have battled lately. It shows that when things go wrong and your back is against the wall you can either give up or fight. I like the fact that we played hard against a better Brighton team. We may not make the playoffs this year but we were #1 two years ago and #2 last year. What did you do those last two years? I think the Munford and Brighton games for years to come will be some great battles. You will win some and so will we. If the new region plays out like I think maybe those battles will be for the region title. Have a good day small one.

I'll respond small horse. I'm proud of the way our guys have battled lately. It shows that when things go wrong and your back is against the wall you can either give up or fight. I like the fact that we played hard against a better Brighton team. We may not make the playoffs this year but we were #1 two years ago and #2 last year. What did you do those last two years? I think the Munford and Brighton games for years to come will be some great battles. You will win some and so will we. If the new region plays out like I think maybe those battles will be for the region title. Have a good day small one.

The last two years, Brighton has been undoing what some others before them had done. They have established a weight program, discipline, and developed fundamentals that were being neglected on both sides of the ball. Two years ago Brighton gave away a game to Munford with turnovers and mistakes. No need to beat a dead minihorse ( no pun intended) but it was a team built around transfers not Munford kids. No knocking here, just the facts. Then last year Brighton dominated the game, until some breakdowns in the secondary made it closer than it was. This year Brighton should have named the score, but things happened differently and they had to fight for a win. If Teague goes down in the first series with an ACL, will it not change the game, and alter the players' focus? All in all it seems to me that Brighton has been program building and improving while Munford has been looking for a quick fix and slowly declining. Its obvious which program is headed where. You are bashing Brighton on a thread about them and Henry being the biggest game in the state, and the Brighton fans are ... oh right there is not a thread about your game because Munford is fairly insignificant this year. Best of luck Coug, and may your recruiting journeys be happy ones.

I was talking about how you compare the running ability of the new sophomore QB to the senior who got hurt.

I'm not exactly sure how his running game is. I haven't seen him run much, but then again he hasn't had much experience. I doubt there will be a big crowd from Brighton, but I'm sure there will be no problem filling the stands up in Henry Co.

So......the Advisor talked you into it heee.......?

Ya, me and a buddy are coming to watch it. We'll probably try to get there around 6:30 hopefully. It better turn out to be a great game and I hope Dominique runs for 300+, lol. This will be the first time to watch Henry Co. play. I saw Brighton in a pre-season game at Dyer Co. so I know how good they are. Good Luck to both teams!

it'll be standing room only! come early

And to sled78, even the mention of such an injury can cost jobs. Dont do it again

Just to inform you there doc, it is completely obvious to anyone with half a brain that the sleddog was makin a point to the Coug bout why Brighton kids let Munford make it a close game - an injury to a key senior leader and that no team is immune to such misfortune. I hope is that no kid would ever get injured in this great game but the fact of the matter is that it happens dispite all the preventative measures.

Forgive me if my understanding of the sledsters rhetoric offends - will I have to find a new job too?????

Are expecting Henry County to be down next year or are you expecting Munford and Brighton to be that good?