East tennessee basketball

creekercalhoun

Well im new on this site. It seems very fun though. Ive been watching these teams for the last couple of months. And i think that they are the all around best teams in the state. I mean science hill( high flying, three dropping), Elizabethton ( not as flashy, horrible coach, but vince), Unaka (all whit, all short, fast as lightning, unpredictable, DEFENSE). These are my picks for tops in the state, well atleast unaka and elizabethton. Not sure about the hill. Not so sure about the elizabethton group.Unaka

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought bradley central was AAA and unaka a SMALL A school? well i could be wrong. anyways, rockwood high school will be a contender for one of the top teams in East TN. they lost no starters from team that made it to the region semi's, losing by 1 point. they only go about 8 deep though. unaka will still be good, but how good? i think they still have a shot at state. a one in a million shot.

Posted by GHSgozz22:

i thought bradley central was AAA and unaka a SMALL A school? well i could be wrong. anyways, rockwood high school will be a contender for one of the top teams in East TN. they lost no starters from team that made it to the region semi's, losing by 1 point. they only go about 8 deep though. unaka will still be good, but how good? i think they still have a shot at state. a one in a million shot.

They had some key players out at camp.

[Edited by coachtdog on 8-14-02 9:05A]

Posted by creekercalhoun:

Well im new on this site. It seems very fun though. Ive been watching these teams for the last couple of months. And i think that they are the all around best teams in the state. I mean science hill( high flying, three dropping), Elizabethton ( not as flashy, horrible coach, but vince), Unaka (all whit, all short, fast as lightning, unpredictable, DEFENSE). These are my picks for tops in the state, well atleast unaka and elizabethton. Not sure about the hill. Not so sure about the elizabethton group.Unaka

Heh...bring any three of them on a tour of Memphis and we'll see if you think they're the three best in the state. I'd love to see them play White Station, Hamilton, Bartlett, East, and a couple of others...and somehow I doubt you'll be calling them the three best. They may be good, but White Station is the best team in the state. Period.

Unaka has a very good squad back from last year, but let's get serious. They can't compete with most decent AA and AAA schools. They lost their best player and scorer in Dugger. They will be a force in A ball in East Tennessee, but don't over do it. Trying to imagine them against Science Hill, DB, Elizabethton, AE, etc... is very tough to do. They will be tough to beat in single A, but let's not forget about Rockwood, Hancock, Temple, Harriman, Cloudland, etc. Chambers looked like a player at the state, but he also looked a step slow against that level of competition, and seemed like he didn't have a true position. Dugger was awesome without the ball, and I just didn't see that from Rusty. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong....

Unaka is in a rebuilding mode, but they have one of the premiere coaches in East Tennessee in Donald Ensor. They lost four starters from their State tourney team. Aaron Dugger a Lees McRae signee, Ben Cole a Tusculum College signee and a very good player in Dustin Collins. Most people who don't really know the Unaka team must have Chambers and Cole mixed up. Chambers did not start for the Rangers last year. They only have starting point guard Cody Collins returning. Unaka will pin their hopes on Juniors to be Rusy Chambers and Cody Collins for a return trip to the BORO. These guys are very good, but will be hard pressed to duplicate the success of last years team. Aaron Dugger was the premiere player in East Tennessee last year. He was very underrated. Ben Cole was avery nice player who brought a great deal of toughness to the floor and Dustin Collins was a very good shooter. I personally think the Rangers will be a year away. I saaw their JV at Milligan and they are strong. I think District one should be very competitive this year. University High, Cloudland, North Greene and Unaka will all field teams capable of winning this District. I think the favorite going in will be Cloudland. They looked very good at Milligan. University High led by 6-7 Bradley will also be much improved and North Greene will be much improved. None of these teams will be as good as the Dugger led Unaka team. Hancock County and Powell Valley will be good in District 2. This makes for an exciting regional. To bad it can't be at the 5500 seat Tex Turner Arena on the campus of Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, Tn. Milligan's seating is just not adequate.

Posted by chill:

Unaka has a very good squad back from last year, but let's get serious. They can't compete with most decent AA and AAA schools. They lost their best player and scorer in Dugger. They will be a force in A ball in East Tennessee, but don't over do it. Trying to imagine them against Science Hill, DB, Elizabethton, AE, etc... is very tough to do. They will be tough to beat in single A, but let's not forget about Rockwood, Hancock, Temple, Harriman, Cloudland, etc. Chambers looked like a player at the state, but he also looked a step slow against that level of competition, and seemed like he didn't have a true position. Dugger was awesome without the ball, and I just didn't see that from Rusty. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong....

Trust me (Chill)after watching chambers at camp this summer i believe he will be turning some heads in 1A this year.

• 6 months later...