Elizabethton @ Sullivan North

Sullivan North comes off a gutsy performance in the Stone Castle against Tennessee High to take on the dangerous Cyclones of Elizabethton at home. Let's talk about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

North was hit right in their mouth last friday in Bristol. Their defense didn't not show up in the first half, but in the second half completley shut down Tennessee High. Their offense got on a roll in the second half too. North lost Sterling Throp in the second half, which was made a huge difference for North. North is a running team, and the Betsy's team is questionable on run defense. So I think the question will be, which defense is going to show up for North? The one that was in the first half of the Tenn High game or the second half? I know Betsy is talented this year on offense, but how good is their defense. DB tourched them on the ground, but then again its DB. I personnally think it will be a great game to watch. I am taking North because it is a home game for them.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan North has there own amount of speed, most notably WB/KR/FS #5 Matt Washington. #7 Eric Pearcy, WB/QB/KR also has his fair share of speed, with size coupled with it. Should be another dandy like last week. I'm a DB fan and graduate and I am forgoing the Sevier Co. @ DB game at J. Fred to come watch the cinderella Raiders continue to fight for a playoff spot.

That should be a great game,I wish all the local games were replayed every week.I'll be pulling for North from J Fred this week however.North has a very tough group of games right now.Good luck to both teams without injuries.

Elizabethton has had trouble taking on bigger backs, But they are not scared to hit #26,#33, and #23 have had no problem with hitting you it just seems that the smaller quicker linebackers are not built to stop the run . North has speed but if they dont get the majority of their yards going straight up the middle , then the quicker big hitting linebacker core will be affective on the tosses and handoffs going outside.

Elizabethton has had trouble taking on bigger backs, But they are not scared to hit #26,#33, and #23 have had no problem with hitting you it just seems that the smaller quicker linebackers are not built to stop the run . North has speed but if they dont get the majority of their yards going straight up the middle , then the quicker big hitting linebacker core will be affective on the tosses and handoffs going outside.

So are you saying that if North runs up the middle their in good shape because the smaller linebackers can't stop them? And that if North tries to get the edge on the outside the bigger linebackers will be able to chase them down and stop them?

Sullivan North comes off a gutsy performance in the Stone Castle against Tennessee High to take on the dangerous Cyclones of Elizabethton at home. Let's talk about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Cyclones are the fastest(team speed in the area). Speed kills. It doesn't hurt that there line has done a super job this year. I think the Raiders have a fantasic team this year and am very happy for them but It will be Cyclones 42 Radiers 21. Cyclones will modify their D to stop what they need to stop.

The Cyclones are the fastest(team speed in the area). Speed kills. It doesn't hurt that there line has done a super job this year. I think the Raiders have a fantasic team this year and am very happy for them but It will be Cyclones 42 Radiers 21. Cyclones will modify their D to stop what they need to stop.

What do you mean when you say... "area"?

i hope to see a good game this friday. I believe the team that has the ball last will win. It jsut seems that both team's defenses are suspect at times. Betsy doesn't really have the size to stop a running game like that of North's. However, I dont think North will be able to keep up with the Cyclones speed on the outside.

I believe that special teams will play a BIG role in this game. Betsy has come within mere inches of blocking several punts. But when they dont, it doesnt hurt to have a returner like Forbes. I believe he returns at least one kickoff or punt back for six in this game. North would be smart if they kicked it out of bounds every time.

Best of luck to both teams.

EHS - 41

SNHS - 35

The Cyclones does have team speed, but they aren't the fastest in the area. DB is the fastest in team speed year in and year out. Now Besty's line has done a good job on the offensive side of the ball, but they are vulnerable on the defensive line. They gave up over 250 yards rushing to Sensabaugh alone in the DB game. One reason North is having a good year is because they have more speed this year than in the previous years. Both teams are totally different from each other. It will be a good game.

Again, I'll say it. If Sullivan North's defense gives up 30+ points in any game, other than South game, I'll personally eat crow and like it.

That??™s horrible!! Was he the one that they had first said had a thumb injury?

Yes, he has a broken thumb, but what I heard directly was that he would have a cast on covering his hand. That way he would atleast be able to play defense. However, North will loose their starting punt returner, main wide reciever, and Throp is one of our two deep guys on kickoffs.