Rankings For Week of 10/5-10/11

mjuhb

You bet I am, too many players and parents I know with CAK not to be there and try and give 'em a hard time. I'm pretty sure we will ban Derry from attending the game....we do have standards at West you know. I'm thinking it will be a good game, but CAK is loaded with offensive weapons. I just have to make sure our keeper gets plenty of rest between now and game time.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet I am, too many players and parents I know with CAK not to be there and try and give 'em a hard time. I'm pretty sure we will ban Derry from attending the game....we do have standards at West you know. I'm thinking it will be a good game, but CAK is loaded with offensive weapons. I just have to make sure our keeper gets plenty of rest between now and game time.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You should see Derry as a "parent chaperone" on school trips!!! He's as bad as the kid sometimes!!! (But also a lot of fun to be with, too!)

Good luck to you all on Thursday. I think it will be a great match.

Details..........shot count? etc. etc.

I'll let Justforfun give you stats, since he kept up with that.... I do know that it was pretty even it the stat department.

First I want to congratulate the lady Admirals and their fans, it was a great crowd watching a great game and they were gracious host.

About the game (Sorry but I'm not as good as Chas /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) First half was pretty well split into 4- 10 minute quarters with Farragut controlling the first 10 minutes than SD controlling the 2nd 10 minutes, Farragut the 3rd 10, then Soddy the last 10. It was pretty even I thought.

Second half: It was all Farragut the first 15 minutes then all Soddy the next 20 minutes. The last 5 was a track meet. Both teams hit the cross bar once in the second half.....It was just a great match to watch.

Details..........shot count? etc. etc.

Pretty evenly played game. Farragut probably had longer time of possesion but Soddy had better scoring oportunities. Both teams hit the post/crossbar a couple of times. Shots were even (unofficially 11 each with 6 saves each side) Farragut's goalie had to make a couple of great saves and Soddy's D kept the Admirals shooting from distance. Good physical soccer but clean Farragut-4 fouls; SD-3 fouls with one yellow.

Kamesha Woodfine and Cydney Parkes both had unassisted goals in the 2nd half for the win. Kamesha's came just a minute or two after the 2nd half started. Must have had a good halftime talk. Taylor Davidson had her 11th shutout and the Baylor "D" did their part in that as well. I understand that the McMinn Co game Thursday night was cancelled so this is it for our regular season. Red Raiders go into playoffs 14-0-1. I can't believe how fast this season is going!

Final

Baylor 2 - CCS 0

I'll let Justforfun give you stats, since he kept up with that.... I do know that it was pretty even it the stat department.

First I want to congratulate the lady Admirals and their fans, it was a great crowd watching a great game and they were gracious host.

About the game (Sorry but I'm not as good as Chas /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) First half was pretty well split into 4- 10 minute quarters with Farragut controlling the first 10 minutes than SD controlling the 2nd 10 minutes, Farragut the 3rd 10, then Soddy the last 10. It was pretty even I thought.

Second half: It was all Farragut the first 15 minutes then all Soddy the next 20 minutes. The last 5 was a track meet. Both teams hit the cross bar once in the second half.....It was just a great match to watch.

Sounds like a great game. I wish I could have been there. Best of luck to both teams as the enter district/regional play

Congratulations Baylor on your undefeated season. Very impressive with the tough competition you have played. Good luck in the postseason.

Kamesha Woodfine and Cydney Parkes both had unassisted goals in the 2nd half for the win. Kamesha's came just a minute or two after the 2nd half started. Must have had a good halftime talk. Taylor Davidson had her 11th shutout and the Baylor "D" did their part in that as well. I understand that the McMinn Co game Thursday night was cancelled so this is it for our regular season. Red Raiders go into playoffs 14-0-1. I can't believe how fast this season is going!

Kemesha's goal was a ball that came off a CCS defender and on the 18 she dropped it to her feet and she hit a laser shot that Leah did not have a chance on. Cydney's goal was a beauty. She must have brought the ball some 40 yards down the side line (and did her patented move) and got behind the defender to rocket a ball in the upper 90 (on a very tough angle). Caroline Scales had a couple of scoring opportunties. Leah made a great save on 1 and the other 2 went a little high. Baylor controlled the pace of play all night but CCS fought hard for every ball. Congrats to Baylor on their undefeated season!

Nice breakdown on the game. Both shots were rockets for sure. I thought for sure that one or two of Caroline's balls were going in. Postseason is almost here.

Kemesha's goal was a ball that came off a CCS defender and on the 18 she dropped it to her feet and she hit a laser shot that Leah did not have a chance on. Cydney's goal was a beauty. She must have brought the ball some 40 yards down the side line (and did her patented move) and got behind the defender to rocket a ball in the upper 90 (on a very tough angle). Caroline Scales had a couple of scoring opportunties. Leah made a great save on 1 and the other 2 went a little high. Baylor controlled the pace of play all night but CCS fought hard for every ball. Congrats to Baylor on their undefeated season!