tavarres jefferson

According to your link he is a top fifty "athlete" not recruit. Rivals ranks the players at each position and athlete is one of the positions that they rank. Teague is not ranked in the rivals top 250 recruits so his rank could be anywhere between 300 and 800.

not to start anything but, teague from henry co. has offers from florida, miami, vanderbilt, tennessee, clemson,michigan, Lsu and so on, so i definately know he's got moves. in fact bobby johnson came to watch teague play along with numerous scouts from different schools.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to your link he is a top fifty "athlete" not recruit. Rivals ranks the players at each position and athlete is one of the positions that they rank. Teague is not ranked in the rivals top 250 recruits so his rank could be anywhere between 300 and 800.

i knew i should've added "at his position of athlete" to save confusion for some people.

that does not compare to tavarres that guy might have the spped that tavarres has but not the moves. he does probably have the better arm

How can you say he doesn't compare, I can't even find Jefferson on Rivals anywhere. I'm not saying the kid can't play because he can. However, he doesn't have the speed(4.4) or arm Marsalis does and I'm not sure the moves either. You don't have to make a move when nobody can catch you. Also, Marsalis carries a 4.0 and has offers from Vandy,Stanford, & Duke to go along with the SEC & ACC power programs!

Certainly not to get anything started but this is more for transplant mom who had resorted to calling children names on the last Ensworth thread. Glad it was closed down. I think Tavarres would play rb back given his size, however he may have some more growing to do. Friday night an MBA parent told me BEFORE the game that Tavarres had on his Facebook in his by-line: Tavarres Jefferson is prayin' for my boy Sloan who's hurt, keep your head up. Acknowledging the Sloan kid's injury and lack of presence on the field Friday night...now that's class. Likewise, an Ensworth teacher told me last year, that Sloan had sent a note to Tavarres after he was hurt telling him he was praying for him and he would be missed in football and basketball and included a couple of gift cards. It does not matter what your zip code is that's a gentleman. I was at the game Friday night and watched 82 Sloan on crutches as he shook hands and hugged Jefferson as well as some other players. Maybe a few MBA boys did not shake hands this year and maybe a few Ensworth players did not last year, but let's focus on those who do the right things, the others will mature in time even if the parents have not. Both teams have much of which to be proud. Best of luck to Jefferson who very deservingly will no doubt get a scholarship offer at some level whether it will be SEC is tough to know.

Nice post, and two very classy acts (and young men). I had assumed sportsmanship was dead; perhaps it's just on life support.

I can't believe somebody questioned marsalis havin moves. When everybody sees he has the ball they stand up. They know somethin is bout to happen thats gonna make you say WOW. He has around 700 yards rushin and only has around 30 carries give or take a few. But that's a crazy average. And he has to share the balls with 2 other really really good backs.

I can't believe somebody questioned marsalis havin moves. When everybody sees he has the ball they stand up. They know somethin is bout to happen thats gonna make you say WOW. He has around 700 yards rushin and only has around 30 carries give or take a few. But that's a crazy average. And he has to share the balls with 2 other really really good backs.

These guys don't have a clue patriot about Marsalis. Just because he doesn't go to a prestigious private school or play for a big metro area school they think its just hype or homers talking him up.

These guys don't have a clue patriot about Marsalis. Just because he doesn't go to a prestigious private school or play for a big metro area school they think its just hype or homers talking him up.

While I understand what you are saying, and respect that as well, I believe it is school spirit and support talking through these kids. Marsalis is an excellent player, but every school would like to think that their player is the best. Both Tavarres and Marsalis are great players, and will do great things, so kudos to both of them.

Nice post, and two very classy acts (and young men). I had assumed sportsmanship was dead; perhaps it's just on life support.

On a similar note, Jefferson was invited to the Jeff Fisher Show tonight, I believe as player of the week or something along those lines. He will be attending, along with his Offensive Linemen who he invited to come with him. It's refreshing to see someone with his talent who realizes that they can't do it on their own, and shows his appreciation to those around him.

How can you say he doesn't compare, I can't even find Jefferson on Rivals anywhere. I'm not saying the kid can't play because he can. However, he doesn't have the speed(4.4) or arm Marsalis does and I'm not sure the moves either. You don't have to make a move when nobody can catch you. Also, Marsalis carries a 4.0 and has offers from Vandy,Stanford, & Duke to go along with the SEC & ACC power programs!

Well actually Jefferson is on rivals

no one question he had anymoves at all. just saying tavarre has more. he is easily a better thrower than tj.

and when i say dual athlete im not talking just on the football field im talking bout football and basketball. this kid could play either in college and go to great colleges for both.