McMinn @ Soddy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only played the first and part of second quarter tonight along with the rest of the starters against Bradley. The rest of the team played the third and fourth quarter besides on special teams.

Browning was 8-11 for 123 yards passing with 1 Td

Purty rushed 9 times for 106 yards and 3 TD

Pretty much of all the starters stop playing with about 3:00 mins till half time. The Ooltewah game should be a GREAT one.

This was a good win for SD againist a McMinn team that I thought had turned the corner and was playing much improved football.

Fact- McMinn tackled poorley

Fact- SD made plays when they had to

Fact- McMinn played like they did againist Cleveland (were in position to make plays but didnt)

Fact- SD is a bit better then I thought but still are not in the same league as Ooltewah & Farragut

Maybe the worst officiating call I have seen in my 24 years of watching high school football when the SD player stepped out of bounds and went on to score and the side ref. did not make the call. He told coach Cagle that the chain gang blocked his view. Even the guy holding the down marker said he was a good foot out of bounds not to mention our team chaplin, principal & AD were all standing there and said he was defently OB. It seemed every time McMinn made a big play the stripes through there flag, this is not the resaon McMinn lost but it is a shame an official can't be in the proper position to make a call especially at a critical time in the game.

Good win SD and nice job with the new field......the visitor stands are to low but they are a lot better then what you had last time I was down there. By the way what is the deal with having to walk a country mile to the dressing room? I would have thought by now you guys would have a field house closer to the field for both teams to utilize.

SD has a good chance of winning the region this year along with Farragut, and Ooltewah. Just which team wants it the most. I have seen several of the Farragut games this year and this is probably the best overall balance team Farragut has had in awhile. They can throw the ball well plus run to. The defense is not a big as a usual Farragut team is but they are very strong and fast to the football. I haven't seen SD play this year but it sounds like they got a pretty good football this year. Don't you guys play Oak Ridge this Friday night. Well good luck to you guys and see you guys in a few weeks.

"Maybe the worst call in 24 years".............................

Welcome to what visiting teams to athens face year after year after year........You can always count on having to beat the zebras when you go up there...........Great game by Soddy-Daisy, how about that 99 yard drive.........

McMinn is perhaps the most classless coaching staff ever seen.....What about Cagle's comments in the Chattanoogan saying "he knows we are a much better team than Soddy-Daisy and thats why this loss hurts so much"...... or what about the mcminn def. coordinator in the press box who after the first three plays of the game is up there yelling loudly for the whole SD stands to hear " they're nothing, they don't have anything, wear them out, knock their heads off" then they decided they would engage in yelling matches with the Soddy fans.....

too bad Brent Massingale isn't there......He was always a pretty classy guy

"Maybe the worst call in 24 years".............................

Welcome to what visiting teams to athens face year after year after year........You can always count on having to beat the zebras when you go up there...........Great game by Soddy-Daisy, how about that 99 yard drive.........

McMinn is perhaps the most classless coaching staff ever seen.....What about Cagle's comments in the Chattanoogan saying "he knows we are a much better team than Soddy-Daisy and thats why this loss hurts so much"...... or what about the mcminn def. coordinator in the press box who after the first three plays of the game is up there yelling loudly for the whole SD stands to hear " they're nothing, they don't have anything, wear them out, knock their heads off" then they decided they would engage in yelling matches with the Soddy fans.....

too bad Brent Massingale isn't there......He was always a pretty classy guy

Was you at the game?????????.....At least at Athens the refs call bad both ways....Not taking anything away from Soddy, but the officials lost the game for McMinn. Anybody that knows football saw that. 2 punt returns called because of terrible calls.....#6 from mcminn was unable to even lift his hands up to catch two balls inside the red zone because of pass interference and all the ref said was"both were trying for the ball"....Can you blame the coaching staff when the refs were clearly one sided???