10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

scrapman, WHH will not beat CA.

HC is better than WHH by 20 points.

Ross Albright is a good player prob top 3 in the district behind CA's Malcom Smith and Martin Smith

WHH will finsh 3 or 4 in the district if they keep playing how they're playing and gutting out W's

P.S. The reason people do not like WHH is not because of years past. It's how everyone of yall's boys and fans act. Your son may be an exception because I've not seen him act like that in years past but clean yall's act up and no one would have a problem. I have not seen yall this year so I dont know im just going off of what I've experienced in years past. I'm not dogging yall im just answering your question. Oh and everyone on this cite knows your son is good. You don't have to tell us. Let his play speak for it's self. Yes, people don't give him enough credit as good as he is but you don't have to defend him. Malcom and Martin Smith's father from CA isn't on here telling everyone how great his sons are, same goes for Woodard for East Rob or Dillard from HC. I don't want you to take this personal you seem like a good guy who has his son's back, but just leave it up to everyone else to form their opinions don't try to form it for them. If they keep dooggin they keep doggin.. so what? your son is good and WHH is tied for 1st in the district.. no one can take away from that. WHH keep up the good work maybe yall will gut out second or third at the years end because I dont think they can hang with CA. Scrapman keep posting your opinion just chill with all the smack talk and their wont be so much animosity.

I sure do miss scrapman,he was very entertaining.I want to know opinions on why Houston Co and East Rob have underacheived so far this season.My opinion on HC is they have one scoring option and a soft post game.I have no idea why the Skelton kid continues to play as much as he does and they have a sophomore on the bench in the Monroe kid that is super agressive and will at least make things happen,they also have another sophomore 6'5 Jonathan Roper that has touch and deserves some playing time.They should play skelton,Kizer,Monroe,Roper,and Barnes an equal amount of time,they have improving guards in Cooksey and C.Featherstone that should be solid by tourney time along with Dillard and T.Featherstone carrying the load.ER should be much better than they are,can not understand why they don't push the tempo as much as possible with Woodard and Cook,that would also free up shots for Stratton in transition.Mcewen is playing incredible considering the talent they have,Coach Ross is very underrated as a coach.WHH will come back to Earth,they are a product of the schedule,although with Albright and a great coach they always have a shot.CA is the class of the league and if Malcolm Smith grows a few inches and continues to improve will be an SEC talent.It is nice to see Nashville Christian down,Charlie anderson is a great man and coach but they have to have the most annoying fans.Since I have touched on everyone else,JB has been irrelevant in BB for a long time now.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.ER should be much better than they are,can not understand why they don't push the tempo as much as possible with Woodard and Cook,that would also free up shots for Stratton in transition.Mcewen is playing incredible considering the talent they have,Coach Ross is very underrated as a coach.WHH will come back to Earth,they are a product of the schedule,although with Albright and a great coach they always have a shot.

I agree......ER beat Portland Saturday night and Portland had just beat Greenbrier and Hendersonville soooo if they come out hot tommorrow night against WHHeritage IT could be the start of a push for 2nd place in the district. WHHeritage will def have their hands full. Could be a very good close game that comes down to the final seconds.

I sure do miss scrapman,he was very entertaining.I want to know opinions on why Houston Co and East Rob have underacheived so far this season.My opinion on HC is they have one scoring option and a soft post game.I have no idea why the Skelton kid continues to play as much as he does and they have a sophomore on the bench in the Monroe kid that is super agressive and will at least make things happen,they also have another sophomore 6'5 Jonathan Roper that has touch and deserves some playing time.They should play skelton,Kizer,Monroe,Roper,and Barnes an equal amount of time,they have improving guards in Cooksey and C.Featherstone that should be solid by tourney time along with Dillard and T.Featherstone carrying the load.ER should be much better than they are,can not understand why they don't push the tempo as much as possible with Woodard and Cook,that would also free up shots for Stratton in transition.Mcewen is playing incredible considering the talent they have,Coach Ross is very underrated as a coach.WHH will come back to Earth,they are a product of the schedule,although with Albright and a great coach they always have a shot.CA is the class of the league and if Malcolm Smith grows a few inches and continues to improve will be an SEC talent.It is nice to see Nashville Christian down,Charlie anderson is a great man and coach but they have to have the most annoying fans.Since I have touched on everyone else,JB has been irrelevant in BB for a long time now.

I just wanted to say that our Warrior boys played a great game last nite. Yes we lost by 2 but there were several calls that went the wrong way...wait...on both sides. One was an out of bounds ball. The ref gave it to the Warriors and the CA fans went nuts and and they changed the call. that is not right! If a ref makes a call, that is the call...fans should not be able to convince them to change it. Also the refs called the girls game completely different than the boys. CA boys were all over our guys back....no foul. We finally figured out that you can maul, but not bump. As for the Smith twins, yeah, they are good, but when we were in their face they couldn't hit. #45 has the advantage of his height and arm span. It seemed like he could stand back 10 ft and slap at the ball.

Yeah, this was a big game for both teams. Question: Can you slap the backboard when someone is making a shot? I don't mean by accident either. #45 hit it so hit the WHOLE goal just shuddered. also #13 needs some anger control managment...3 fouls in less than 30 seconds, slapping the floor,....please. If you are going to mix it up under the goal, you are going to foul or maybe be fouled.

I also would suggest a few of your student fans stay on their own side of the gym during games and not come over and try to start something. I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. When you are in a emotional game, it is not a good idea to stir the pot. The reason I say this is because in today's society...good ole fashion rivalry can easily get out of hand.

I will be the first to say that I yell. I am also loud, but I am not ugly about what I say. I do have remind myself that I am an adult, not a student. lol

All and all the boys at Mcewen and CA both played hard to win. We play you all again, so we will be ready.

Yes, you are right....Coach Phil Ross is one of the best coaches around. My son loves playing for him.

We play Montgomery Central Thursday and then jo bryns at home on Friday. I am looking forward to that game.

Again, good luck to all players thru-out the state. Play safe, play hard, and play fair.

I just wanted to say that our Warrior boys played a great game last nite. Yes we lost by 2 but there were several calls that went the wrong way...wait...on both sides. One was an out of bounds ball. The ref gave it to the Warriors and the CA fans went nuts and and they changed the call. that is not right! If a ref makes a call, that is the call...fans should not be able to convince them to change it. Also the refs called the girls game completely different than the boys. CA boys were all over our guys back....no foul. We finally figured out that you can maul, but not bump. As for the Smith twins, yeah, they are good, but when we were in their face they couldn't hit. #45 has the advantage of his height and arm span. It seemed like he could stand back 10 ft and slap at the ball.

Yeah, this was a big game for both teams. Question: Can you slap the backboard when someone is making a shot? I don't mean by accident either. #45 hit it so hit the WHOLE goal just shuddered. also #13 needs some anger control managment...3 fouls in less than 30 seconds, slapping the floor,....please. If you are going to mix it up under the goal, you are going to foul or maybe be fouled.

I also would suggest a few of your student fans stay on their own side of the gym during games and not come over and try to start something. I was sitting right there watching the whole thing. When you are in a emotional game, it is not a good idea to stir the pot. The reason I say this is because in today's society...good ole fashion rivalry can easily get out of hand.

I will be the first to say that I yell. I am also loud, but I am not ugly about what I say. I do have remind myself that I am an adult, not a student. lol

All and all the boys at Mcewen and CA both played hard to win. We play you all again, so we will be ready.

Yes, you are right....Coach Phil Ross is one of the best coaches around. My son loves playing for him.

We play Montgomery Central Thursday and then jo bryns at home on Friday. I am looking forward to that game.

Again, good luck to all players thru-out the state. Play safe, play hard, and play fair.

Question:" Can you slap the backboard when someone is making a shot? I don't mean by accident either. "

In answer to your question, NO, you cannot slap the backboard during a shot, as a matter of fact, I saw the above mentioned Monroe draw a technical foul for swishing the net when a shot went up, and all the kid was doing was trying to block the shot. Some refs call it, some don't.

CA is not unbeatable, we all know that, and I think either McEwen will get them when they go to their house, or HC possibly, they have the tools to beat them. McEwen is playing good ball right now, and HC is improving every game. Cooksey is really starting to come into his own, and with districts being played in their house, it will get interesting.

Question:" Can you slap the backboard when someone is making a shot? I don't mean by accident either. "

In answer to your question, NO, you cannot slap the backboard during a shot, as a matter of fact, I saw the above mentioned Monroe draw a technical foul for swishing the net when a shot went up, and all the kid was doing was trying to block the shot. Some refs call it, some don't.

I was just surprised they didn't call a technical. They also didn't call any over the backs, # 45 hooked his arm in our #22 and jekred him down as he went up. Well, guess what ....no foul and the ump was standing right there. I just get upspet with the officals when they don't call fair for both sides.

CA is not unbeatable, we all know that, and I think either McEwen will get them when they go to their house, or HC possibly, they have the tools to beat them. McEwen is playing good ball right now, and HC is improving every game. Cooksey is really starting to come into his own, and with districts being played in their house, it will get interesting.

Yeah, we get another shot at CA later in the season. We play Mont. central tonight. Should be a good game?

Yeah, we get another shot at CA later in the season. We play Mont. central tonight. Should be a good game?

MC is a better team than what their record shows, I wouldnt mind seeing that game, should be a good one. Keep the Moore boy from shooting 3's, stop the Daniels (? I think thats his name, anyways their post player) boy, and you should beat them.

Hey WP!

Thank you for your kind words. I miss posting too, but at my age I have to watch my Blood Pressure. Just wanted to let you know that Ross got his 1,000th point last nite. 1,008 to be exact. I think this puts us solely into 2cnd place after defeating HC by about 20 or so. The same amount that other guy said we should lose by all the time to them (opp's I did it again, bragging) Anyway, I could not keep my big mouth shut on this one. I am very, very proud of him. He put up 28, about half from the line. You keep posting though, I enjoy them. You are very articulate, sensable and I can live vicareously through you. (Hope I spelled all that right)? You go girl!

Warriorprincess.. You are a pathetic person. Degrading high school students from another team which you know nothing about is sad. First off I would like to answer your question on slapping the backboard..Malcom smith, the CA post player had just got through pinning the ball against the backboard, therefor making the back board shake and the ball to not go in. You can not purposly hit the back board after a shot to shake it and make them miss but if you are blocking a shot off the board its going to shake regardless. Now about CA's point guard you were degrading. One foul was on boxing a kid out, another was trying to take a charge, and the other one his emotions got the best of him and picked up a tic tac hand check call. Anger management? seriously.. Him slpaping the floor could of been avoided but he is a player with passion for the game and when your that passionate your emotions get the best of you sometimes. Also refs cant win or lose you a game, its just every fans cop out of why they lost. They lost because the didnt score as many points as the other team..end of story. I know your mad that you lost but some of the things you said were un called for..and your an adult. I didnt see anybody on CA on here complaining about how your fans were talking trash to the CA players on the bench and how your crowd agged it on just as much as CA's fans did. Grow up

Hey WP!

Thank you for your kind words. I miss posting too, but at my age I have to watch my Blood Pressure. Just wanted to let you know that Ross got his 1,000th point last nite. 1,008 to be exact. I think this puts us solely into 2cnd place after defeating HC by about 20 or so. The same amount that other guy said we should lose by all the time to them (opp's I did it again, bragging) Anyway, I could not keep my big mouth shut on this one. I am very, very proud of him. He put up 28, about half from the line. You keep posting though, I enjoy them. You are very articulate, sensable and I can live vicareously through you. (Hope I spelled all that right)? You go girl!

Haha you got me. WHH surprised me and are definatley better than I thought they were. Congartulations on yall's win over HC and congrats to Albright on his 1000 mark. Keep it up

Hey WP!

I was at the game last night and Heritage played a great game.Albright shadowed Dillard all game and did a great job slowing him down,the rest of the Heritage team is better than I thought.The big key to the game was coaching,I know when I say this alot of HC fans are going to get mad but maybe it is time for Coach Baggett to retire.I know it is not all about winning and losing but if you see the effort given by the majority of the team and the lack of preparation[23-8after one quarter]of the team,maybe it is time for change.They obviously have more raw ability than any team in the district except for CA but always underachieve.They were down by 15 with about 6 minutes left and were walking it up the floor and trying to run plays,the best play for them all night was to let Cooksey penetrate and either get a layup,foul or assist,Heritage had nobody that could guard him yet thet continuously did the same stuff including having there 6'6 post player handle the ball at the high post/top of the key.How did ER only beat NC by a point at home?

I assume the player in previous posts from CA that was discussed was Dyer,he is a very intense player and sometimes gets a little too emotional but I do not think it is purposeful or mean-spirited.I would much rather have a kid give that much effort than to have a player with a ton of talent but is lazy.I think Mcewen teams style of play is very simialar to his.

I was at the game last night and Heritage played a great game.Albright shadowed Dillard all game and did a great job slowing him down,the rest of the Heritage team is better than I thought.The big key to the game was coaching,I know when I say this alot of HC fans are going to get mad but maybe it is time for Coach Baggett to retire.I know it is not all about winning and losing but if you see the effort given by the majority of the team and the lack of preparation[23-8after one quarter]of the team,maybe it is time for change.They obviously have more raw ability than any team in the district except for CA but always underachieve.They were down by 15 with about 6 minutes left and were walking it up the floor and trying to run plays,the best play for them all night was to let Cooksey penetrate and either get a layup,foul or assist,Heritage had nobody that could guard him yet thet continuously did the same stuff including having there 6'6 post player handle the ball at the high post/top of the key.How did ER only beat NC by a point at home?

I assume the player in previous posts from CA that was discussed was Dyer,he is a very intense player and sometimes gets a little too emotional but I do not think it is purposeful or mean-spirited.I would much rather have a kid give that much effort than to have a player with a ton of talent but is lazy.I think Mcewen teams style of play is very simialar to his.

HC fans are not going to get mad because we all agree with you 100%.