District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you won't hear that from me and this was a big win tonight for SC but its only one. Still a way to go and hopefully SC can get a big streak going here. Good job guys keep it up.

It was a big win and I'm glad someone is realistic. I hope we don't have to listen to all that stuff any more.I hope things really get shook up by the end of the season, I just hope we don't have to listen to that crap again especially if you dont know if you can back it up or not.

Hats off to Stewart County. They did a good job and their student section is the best that I've seen this year. Our county moved the students from behind the visitors bench which makes a difference. I hope that changes after this year.

It is sad that the refereeing was everything advertised. I don't think they are homers so much as the association just can't get anybody that wants to go to the end of the district. The guy that tees up everybody is just awful. I think Harpeth lost their composure as well, but some of that had to do with the poor calls. They'll be back.

It's a wide open district partly because................the district just isn't that good this year. I don't see anybody getting out of regions at this rate.

Ya i agree with most said bout Stewart-Harpeth game. Stewart dominated mostly throughout the game and the officiating was horrible, but not jus towards one team. And im sure that people will complain and say that harpeth had a lot more fouls called on them, but when you press all game thats most likely gonna happen. SC played well as a team and Harpeth didnt seem to want it enough. trey put up 29 but if you was at the game it seemed like a quiet 29 because he didnt look to score like a normal potential MVP would do. And with Trey, i think he should have fouled out at the beginning of the fourth. I know of 3 calls that shouldve been charges instead of blocks, most notably the baseline drive on Dylan Smith, because he was set for a good second or 2 before the whistle blew. that wat kept harpeth as close as the scoreboard said because they made a run after being down 11. But all around i agree that the district is completely down compared to years past. not as much star power or college prospects. And this was by far the smallest Harpeth team (with very little depth on the bench) that I have ever seen and seem to only have 3 players that can score, which is unusual for Harpeth. SC had a lot of role players step up and have big games and had balance scoring. I congradulate them on the victory but want to remind them not to get to high on themselves cuz its just one game and there is still a lot of season to play. keep this momentum goin throughout the rest of the year and you just might be able to make sometin happen. Good luck to both teams throughout the rest of the year.

sounds like a lot of exciting games last night. big upset by SC, MC holding serve against Cheatham, Sycamore and CW getting big wins. looks like this district is going to be a fight all year long.

in my post yesterday i warned you all about the refs whenyou go to SC and i was not at the game but it sounds like they showed up again.

speaking of refs, they could have set the record for most fouls called at the CW-Fairview game. the refs called nothing in the first half and CW was up 3 at half. then they called everything in the second half. fairview had 5 people foul out, and had 2 others with 4 and 2 with 3 and that was before they started to foul to stop the clock at the end. CW had some foul out as well and had about 5 that finished with 4 but this game was exciting and fairview had a chance to tie with a 3 with a minute left and had their shot blocked.

i do have a question for all of you arm chair refs and would like a correct answer. what is the call supposed to be when a player shoots a shot and it is in the cylinder and an opposing player trying to block the shot smacks the backboard so hard that the board shakes enough to cause the ball to bounce off the rim and the player blocking the shot never actually touches the ball? When i played a few years ago, the call was goaltending and the shot counted as well as a technical foul called on the player who hit the board because at the time it was the same as hanging on the rim. I think the tech part has been dropped, but should it still be goaltending when it effects the shot? this happened four times in the CW-fairview game when the #44 for CW missed blocking a shot and hit the bakcboard hard enough to cause the ball to hit the rim instead of going in. was a huge non call as CW won by 6.

sounds like a lot of exciting games last night. big upset by SC, MC holding serve against Cheatham, Sycamore and CW getting big wins. looks like this district is going to be a fight all year long.

in my post yesterday i warned you all about the refs whenyou go to SC and i was not at the game but it sounds like they showed up again.

speaking of refs, they could have set the record for most fouls called at the CW-Fairview game. the refs called nothing in the first half and CW was up 3 at half. then they called everything in the second half. fairview had 5 people foul out, and had 2 others with 4 and 2 with 3 and that was before they started to foul to stop the clock at the end. CW had some foul out as well and had about 5 that finished with 4 but this game was exciting and fairview had a chance to tie with a 3 with a minute left and had their shot blocked.

i do have a question for all of you arm chair refs and would like a correct answer. what is the call supposed to be when a player shoots a shot and it is in the cylinder and an opposing player trying to block the shot smacks the backboard so hard that the board shakes enough to cause the ball to bounce off the rim and the player blocking the shot never actually touches the ball? When i played a few years ago, the call was goaltending and the shot counted as well as a technical foul called on the player who hit the board because at the time it was the same as hanging on the rim. I think the tech part has been dropped, but should it still be goaltending when it effects the shot? this happened four times in the CW-fairview game when the #44 for CW missed blocking a shot and hit the bakcboard hard enough to cause the ball to hit the rim instead of going in. was a huge non call as CW won by 6.

That stinks it happened four times. If they would have called it, Fairview would have won. Ironic! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

District 11-AA Standings

1.) Sycamore (4-1)

2.) Creek Wood (4-1)

3.) Fairview(4-2)

4.) Harpeth (3-2)

5.) Montgomery Central (2-3)

6.) Stewart Co. (2-4)

7.) Waverly Central (1-4)

8.) Cheatham Co. (1-4)

Sycamore ahead of Creek Wood and Waverly ahead of Cheatham based on head to head.

Good post DrLove. The officiating was horrible period. Threw out a spectator that told a ref to blow his whistle before somebody got hurt. That's cheap. In my opinion refs should have thicker skin than that. The guy is sensitive because he gets called out all the time. Charge/block is a judgement call. High elbows and throwing balls at the opposing teams players are fouls. You have to call cheap shots and fouls that could cause injury. Clearing out with elbows out is ok if the elbows are in a level plane. If you're throwing them upwards toward the head, that's a foul. Call it. Bottom line is that Harpeth didn't play well enough to win. I think Stewart County does have an advantage at home with the student section sitting behind the visitor's bench. Good for them. It's sad that a school system can take that advantage away from the Cheatham County teams while the district allows it. It's part of the game.

My opinion is that everybody 1-7 is still in this thing. Waverly has the talent to really make a run. They have a kid injured and they're coming out of a shooting slump. Harpeth's 2 losses and their biggest win is on the road. Fairview and Central are playing more competitive ball. Creekwood and Sycamore are very tough. It's anybody's to win.............or lose. It's all about confidence and momentum.

Just to correct something, should Sycamore be ahead of Creekwood? Creekwood beat Sycamore. I would think Sycamore would be # 2 and Creekwood #1. Also, I believe that Cheatham is 0-4 unless they played on Saturday and won.

To answer the question concerning goaltending- the rule stipulates this year that if the player is attempting to block the shot and he/she hits the backboard then the goal counts and there is no technicle foul. If in the opinion of the official that it is not a legit block attempt then a technicle foul is assessed with the made basket.

It really is a referee judgement call- is the player making a legit attempt at blocking the shot? Only a ref would know I guess.

Dooh! That's correct. Creekwood has the tie breaker on Sycamore based on the head to head not the other way around. My bad.

Not sure about Cheatham. I was taking a previous post at it's word and didn't verify Cheatham's record. You could be right.

I tried to go back and reconcile the records with each school's coacht record, but to be honest, the games are poorly recorded by some of the schools. If you know the score of a game you can record it on the scoreboard portion of the website at any time. Typically the winning school will record the victory whether the losing team wants it recorded or not. Also if there are rescheduled games, the schedule for your school's team can be edited. I mean..............that's what the website is about.