District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

congrats to waverly on their win. it was a very physical game as always between the two and like many games this year poorly officiated. as parents, coaches, and players all you can ask for is the refs to be consistant and know the rules at a minimum. last night the refs were about as far from consistant as possible (hence 4 fairview players fouling out and only one wavo player even though waverly was actually the more physical team lsat night).

as far as rules goes, the fairview deserved his tech in overtime, but why was there no tech called on the wavo player who fouled out and walked off the court before a sub was put in for him, in the rule book that is automatically a tech and at the time of the game it would not have gone to the first ot as the game was tied with a minute left and 4 free throws and the ball would have sealed it for fairview.

but, nothign you can do about it now and waverly did come back from 12 down in the third to win. again, waverly played harder and wanted it more and it showed at the end.

I don't know what game you were watching. Or maybe you were watching through gold colored glasses. But this is one of the best officiated games I have seen all season. Fairvew just didn't get away with all the dirty fouls that they got away with on Friday night. they play dirty ball and it's that simple. the officials didn't call the nit picky fouls that are called alot of times and no they weren't perfect there were calls missed on both sides. That's always going to happen. I was totally impressed with the offciating. There was still alot of jersey pulling from fairview that didn't get called and alot of elbows that were thrown that didn't get called but we have had such POOR offciating all season and it was nice to have fair calling for once. Hats off to officals on this game you did a great job. Fairvew is only complaining because they didn't get away with everything like they usually do.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same old story, if you win the officiating was the greatest all season, you lose and the officiating was horrible. it doesn't matter if the game was the first week or the last week of the season. officials will be officials and some one is always going to be upset with them. i have no problem with bad officiating as long as it is bad the whole game and equally as bad for both sides. when it is not is when people get upset and i think most all of you that post on here agree with that.

as far as the waverly-fairview game goes, this was obivously not called the same on both ends. when a fairview player would go up for a shot, waverly was allowed to smack and grab arms all night. when a fairview player did it, it got called. both teams pressed much of the second half, and when fairview would easily break the press the waverly players reached and slapped and got away with it. fairview did the same thing, but it was called.

i am not saying that fairview didn't foul like crazy, but waverly fouled just as much and was not called for it. post season play is more physical and hard nosed than the regular season. over the years officials tend to let a lot more go and let the players decided it which is fine with me. but if you decide to let the players play, let both sides play and don't decide in the fourth quarter to take control of the game which is what happened in this game.

the game is over, nothing can be done about it, so lets put it to rest and focus on the rest of the tournament whihc should be a good one in the games waverly is not playing. i look forward to the sycamore-harpeth game as it will be an absolute dog fight.

I like where Harpeth is heading into the Sycamore game. I think every player on Harpeth's team wanted to get to Sycamore again in the tournament. It's tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row. It reminds me of another year that escapes me at the moment. Where are you Catfish?

Harp./Syc. game should be a great game.Probably last game these longtime

district foes will play while in same district.Both games feature teams that

have beat opposing teams twice already.Waverly has really good shot to

beat CW this time in my opinion. Also believe Harp. should win this time

around.CW better be ready,this game will not be like last couple games

against Wav.have gone.If Harp. can get out and run a little I believe they

will win.If game is in 40's Sycamore gets advantage.Every team better bring

big crowd because it may be the difference.Good luck to all.

same old story, if you win the officiating was the greatest all season, you lose and the officiating was horrible. it doesn't matter if the game was the first week or the last week of the season. officials will be officials and some one is always going to be upset with them. i have no problem with bad officiating as long as it is bad the whole game and equally as bad for both sides. when it is not is when people get upset and i think most all of you that post on here agree with that.

as far as the waverly-fairview game goes, this was obivously not called the same on both ends. when a fairview player would go up for a shot, waverly was allowed to smack and grab arms all night. when a fairview player did it, it got called. both teams pressed much of the second half, and when fairview would easily break the press the waverly players reached and slapped and got away with it. fairview did the same thing, but it was called.

i am not saying that fairview didn't foul like crazy, but waverly fouled just as much and was not called for it. post season play is more physical and hard nosed than the regular season. over the years officials tend to let a lot more go and let the players decided it which is fine with me. but if you decide to let the players play, let both sides play and don't decide in the fourth quarter to take control of the game which is what happened in this game.

the game is over, nothing can be done about it, so lets put it to rest and focus on the rest of the tournament whihc should be a good one in the games waverly is not playing. i look forward to the sycamore-harpeth game as it will be an absolute dog fight.

congats to you , your a real class act , thats why it makes it that much sweeter to see a dirty team like unfairview go down and never get to the tourney. see yall next year

Had to have been the ugliest game I have ever seen played by a Wilson coached team. I didn't see two players from Harpeth that were on the same page. Defense was just pitiful, flat-footed after close out and knees were locked when they were on the weak side. Just pitiful.

I did enjoy the CW/Waverly game. I think Creek Wood's #44 had 8 blocks, could have been more. Game was pretty tight until the middle of the 4th when CW finally opened it up.