2009-2013 Classifications have been posted

PowerSweep

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something for all the supporters of this new format to consider. The teams that you are competing against for the playoffs do NOT play the same teams. You could be in a region with tough teams and watch a weaker team walk in. Not a supporter of this new format at all. I have no problem with reclassification because numbers do change, my problem is with the new playoff format. We will see how it all works out. Good health to all.

Not sure there are that many "supporters" here but I'm sure we're going to have to live with it......... This thread has been thoroughly sidetracked and I'm not sure who is to blame.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> but what I would like to know is, for instance ,

our region appears to be 6 6a teams and 3 5A teams. If the 5A teams lose to all the 6A then beat each other then who gets the playoff berth?

The top 2 teams in the district makes the playoffs regardless of their classification. The remainder of the teams are determined by record. (look at this year's and last year's 2A playoffs to get an idea on how this will work). This way there should be no 1 or 2 win teams making the playoffs.

Also, nobody has answered about the new high school that was being planned about 8 years ago in Blount Co.

"The top 2 teams in the district makes the playoffs regardless of their classification. The remainder of the teams are determined by record. (look at this year's and last year's 2A playoffs to get an idea on how this will work). This way there should be no 1 or 2 win teams making the playoffs."

So then it is possible that NO 5A teams in our region could make the playoffs then?

Spoke with a coach in District 12 and this is how it will work. District 12: Glencliff-5A, Hillsboro-5A, Hillwood-5A , Cane Ridge-5A, Antioch-6A, Hunters Lane-6A, McGavock-6A. With only 3, 6A teams, this district has only 1 guaranteed berth. So, if Antioch beats Hunters Lane and Mcgavock, htey could lose every other game and still make the playoffs with a 2-8 record because it takes the record agaist your class first to determine playoff berth and the other games only if there is a tie. There will be 6 state champs in D1, 1A - 6A.

Spoke with a coach in District 12 and this is how it will work. District 12: Glencliff-5A, Hillsboro-5A, Hillwood-5A , Cane Ridge-5A, Antioch-6A, Hunters Lane-6A, McGavock-6A. With only 3, 6A teams, this district has only 1 guaranteed berth. So, if Antioch beats Hunters Lane and Mcgavock, htey could lose every other game and still make the playoffs with a 2-8 record because it takes the record agaist your class first to determine playoff berth and the other games only if there is a tie. There will be 6 state champs in D1, 1A - 6A.

This is not quite right. First, the districts have not been set yet-- that will be done on Nov. 13. The system will work just like SEC football. But for the sake of this argument -- If Antioch beat Hunters Lane and McGavock but in the final district standings they have a worse district record than Hunters Lane and/or McGavock they would not get the automatic berth.

Example:

If the final standing were:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

In this scenario even if Antioch had beaten Hunters Lane and McGavock, Hunters Lane would get the automatic 6A slot because of the better overall district record.

Are there any other states that are using a system similar to this one? Why make it so confusing? I honestly believe this had little to do with easing the travel distances for schools.

However, I am looking forward to playing against schools that we have not played before. After a while, schedule gets sort of stale.

So if I understand it correctly, the following teams will be in the same Region:

Sev. County

Seymour

Jeff County

Morristown West

Cherokee

Morristown East

any others?

Greeneville goes to AA.