Hampton and Cosby

pujo

I don't expect much of a game this week against Jellico. If I make the trip up to Cosby this week will they be giving out blueberry muffins at the gate or will they wait until after the game? Hampton wins 35-0. Cosby wasn't even competitive with Granger County and they are awful.

How can you say we wern't competitive? Have you seen any stats? You're as ignorant as gut wrench leo ambassador. I tell you what ask for me at the gate, tell em who you are and I'll personally see to it that you get your muffin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say Cosby wasnt competive? You are an Idiot. I bet the only reason you are sent to GCA is because your parents are rich and you feel like you are apart of something when you get on here and talk about other programs you know nothing about. You also thought Grace was gonna go undefeated. You my friend need to learn a lot about football before you get on here and make yourself (and Grace) look very, very stupid!

Pujo you really think Hampton would be a 14 point fav on the road AT Cosby? Thats almost disrespectful, but you always have a good opinion about things so i wont bother you about it. Oh and the correct term for us is COSBANIANS!!!

Oh, come on now son. I've tried so hard to keep anyone from using the term Cosbanian. Ahh, I really don't care what anyone calls us as long as they call us when supper's ready! Hey what are you cookin' Friday? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Pujo you really think Hampton would be a 14 point fav on the road AT Cosby? Thats almost disrespectful, but you always have a good opinion about things so i wont bother you about it. Oh and the correct term for us is COSBANIANS!!!

ENHWASPS, I'll let you know a little later in the week' I'd say 14 would be pretty close. Really don't mean anything, The game has to be played.I do think you are playing a Hampton team thats improved ,They've done a few things that makes them better. I do expect Cosby to put up a hard fight and this will not be a cake walk.

If me, dogbreath and the Muffin man are nice this week, Can we break bread with you Cosbanians. I really don't care that much for Muffins.

I put this same thing on the other thread... looking for some answers....

I did not know that Cosby was in Newport, TN.

Question for Cosby fans.... why are you guys so good and the other school, Cocke County so horrible? Is it coaching? Does Cosby get the better athletes? When you compare the athletic programs of the last few years, Cosby is a whole lot better in both football and basketball. I was just wondering. Doesn't make any sense that within the same city one school excels and the larger school just plain stinks.

Also, there was a pretty good receiver/kick returner that you guys had 3 or 4 years ago. What happened to him? I had heard that the kid could not cut it at a low level college program. I dunno if I believe that or not, but even some of our top athletes here in Chattanooga cannot hang at a college level. Too immature and not willing to put in the hard work it takes.

Good luck Cosby the rest of the year!

Question for Cosby fans.... why are you guys so good and the other school, Cocke County so horrible? Is it coaching? Does Cosby get the better athletes? When you compare the athletic programs of the last few years, Cosby is a whole lot better in both football and basketball. I was just wondering. Doesn't make any sense that within the same city one school excels and the larger school just plain stinks.

I'm not going to touch this one.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

anyone..?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WOW, it must be something then... I posted a question on the 4A board asking if CCHS was the wost program in the state and asked why Cosby is traditionally better.

Sorry, but I work in a larger school system and when you compare 1A and 4A together in the same city, the 4A group is better. Looking at past records, both schools have been up and down and had something like 1-9 seasons........ Cosby has rebounded more than CCHS making playoffs and Cocke County has remained in the 1-9 bubble and is expected to go 0-10 this year. So the outlook should say that Cosby has more football talent or gets the better talent in Newport?

I put this same thing on the other thread... looking for some answers....

I did not know that Cosby was in Newport, TN.

Also, there was a pretty good receiver/kick returner that you guys had 3 or 4 years ago. What happened to him? I had heard that the kid could not cut it at a low level college program. I dunno if I believe that or not, but even some of our top athletes here in Chattanooga cannot hang at a college level. Too immature and not willing to put in the hard work it takes.

Good luck Cosby the rest of the year!

Cosby is not in newport #1 we are a neighboring community. We play 1A CCHS plays 4A two completely different levels of competition , we are doing well at our level right now , they are having some down years. CCHS wont give a coach enough time to establish anything , we have had the same staff for about 5 years now , I believe that is a big difference too.

Cosby is not in newport #1 we are a neighboring community. We play 1A CCHS plays 4A two completely different levels of competition , we are doing well at our level right now , they are having some down years. CCHS wont give a coach enough time to establish anything , we have had the same staff for about 5 years now , I believe that is a big difference too.

Well your both in Cocke Co, so it;s close enough... but I can tell you do not want to be associated in that same breath. Do you think Cosby could beat Cocke County High School? WHy do you guys not play? Kind of stupid if you ask me.... I was wondering the same thing earlier on why CCHS would travel all of the way to Walker Valley to get whipped rather than save money and play a team in their own back yard. My bro-in-law says the CCHS administration is the key and doesn't want to be embarrased by a lower level school. He (bro-in-law) also says Cosby would and could beat CCHS in basketball.

Anyways.......... you guys have a game against Hampton... good luck and thanks for the comments!

Well your both in Cocke Co, so it;s close enough... but I can tell you do not want to be associated in that same breath. Do you think Cosby could beat Cocke County High School? WHy do you guys not play? Kind of stupid if you ask me.... I was wondering the same thing earlier on why CCHS would travel all of the way to Walker Valley to get whipped rather than save money and play a team in their own back yard. My bro-in-law says the CCHS administration is the key and doesn't want to be embarrased by a lower level school. He (bro-in-law) also says Cosby would and could beat CCHS in basketball.

Anyways.......... you guys have a game against Hampton... good luck and thanks for the comments!

You sound like your trying to set someone up to say something they shouldn't /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Cosby is in Cocke County but its nothing like the same as Newport. Newport is a fine town but Cosby and the people there are proud to be there own little community. There are very OLLLLLDDDD reasons that Cosby and CCHS dont play. You may see it in the future but not now.