Hampton and Cosby

pujo

Its time for next Fridays games, This week is over. I listened to the end of the SP game tonight. I doubt if anyone wanted their money back. WHAT A GAME. Congrats on the big W

I did not see it . I live in Oak Ridge now and don't get to see the Pirates as much as I would like , I went to the Oneida vs harriman game and watched one of the best def I have seen in a while.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see it . I live in Oak Ridge now and don't get to see the Pirates as much as I would like , I went to the Oneida vs harriman game and watched one of the best def I have seen in a while.

Coach Lambert is about as good as I've seen, the guy is good.Got some pretty good boys also. Oneida has played Hampton 4 times in the past 3 years and its been like watching a chess match in every game. Hope they can keep him down there,pretty good brand of football.

Muffin team eh? LOL! Give Grainger a 1A region schedule and they're competing for the state title every year...HOWEVER, I wouldn't expect you to know that Ambassador. Whatever hole you've been living in for the last 20 years must've just gotten the internet.

Every time you post, you lose IQ points...you're at Forrest Gump levels right now.

Oneida beat grainger pre-season pretty badly.

The first two times grainger had the ball, oneida got a turnover and scored on that play.

First two times Oneida's offense touched the ball, they scored.

This was within a timeframe that woulda been about 8 minutes into the first quarter.

Kev B, I hope you don't believe what you just stated, Just because Grainger has 3aaa' beside their name don't mean they are superior to 1a teams. I'd venture to say ,there are at least 20 1a teams that would beat Grainger, some could beat them by 40. I'm not trying to disrespect Grainger ,Cosby or anyone else, its just the way it is. I doubt Grainger would even make the playoffs if they were in region 2 1a. Don't flatter yourself. Get out and watch some of these 1a teams.

It ain't flattery pujo...it's fact. I can think of 6-8 teams in the past decade at Rutledge that would've taken their shot at a state title in 1A. McBee's older brother got Rutledge to the quartefinals of 3A with about six skilled running backs that could all break the long one and he had a tight end and a couple of wideouts that could go get it. This team at Grainger wasn't as good defensively in the first part of the year, but looks to have made a little headway in getting better and when you have No. 4 under center you're a contender.

I've seen some of the 1A teams...I ain't impressed overall but I do like three or four. There's not 20 teams 1A teams that could be Grainger...that's like a third or almost a quarter of the classification...and they dang well would be in the playoffs in Region 2-1A...the only teams that concern me down there are Oneida and Greenback. Midway's gotten better in recent years and Harriman is better now, but of all those only the Indians and the Cherokees would concern me.

Oneida beat grainger pre-season pretty badly.

The first two times grainger had the ball, oneida got a turnover and scored on that play.

First two times Oneida's offense touched the ball, they scored.

This was within a timeframe that woulda been about 8 minutes into the first quarter.

Preseason is exactly that...

It ain't flattery pujo...it's fact. I can think of 6-8 teams in the past decade at Rutledge that would've taken their shot at a state title in 1A. McBee's older brother got Rutledge to the quartefinals of 3A with about six skilled running backs that could all break the long one and he had a tight end and a couple of wideouts that could go get it. This team at Grainger wasn't as good defensively in the first part of the year, but looks to have made a little headway in getting better and when you have No. 4 under center you're a contender.

I've seen some of the 1A teams...I ain't impressed overall but I do like three or four. There's not 20 teams 1A teams that could be Grainger...that's like a third or almost a quarter of the classification...and they dang well would be in the playoffs in Region 2-1A...the only teams that concern me down there are Oneida and Greenback. Midway's gotten better in recent years and Harriman is better now, but of all those only the Indians and the Cherokees would concern me.

Kevb. I read about last nights game and it sounded like it was even closer than the score indicated. Cosby does play tough on defence. I'm sure the Mcbee kid is a very good athelete. But we could argue this matter until the cows come home and neither of us would give an inch. I'll make you a deal. Lets see what happens when Cosby hits the playoffs and faces off against whatever region 2 team they face. Don't get me wrong, I like Cosby and respect what they are doing, they've really improved in the past few years. I just don't think they are one of the best 1a schools ,and they give you guys all you could handle.

Preseason is exactly that...

Yea I don't know howcome we couldn't handle grainger , They only had 3 times as many kids suited up as we did and that Mcbee kid they got thats goin to play for Auburn along with a line that averages about 270 on their homefield I mean really we had no business losin to a 3A school like that.

Give me a break butthead , you have no Idea how good or bad Cosby or Grainger county is. Hampton knows they are gonna be in for a fight and so does Cosby. This game is for the Title and all will be left on the field and win or lose if your brave enough (or stupid enough) to come to cosby and run your muffin mouth you will probably go back home with your muffins stuck where the sun wont shine brother! Honestly ,I hope your smarter than that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I might have thought Cosby could hang with Hampton, but when you lose to a MUFFIN team like Grainger, it doesn't look good next week. Grainger only beat Pigeon Forge by 5, that is MUFFIN. Pujo's boys will have their way with Cosby next week. There will be MUFFINS served at the game by King Leon and the Honorable Pujo.

Yea I don't know howcome we couldn't handle grainger , They only had 3 times as many kids suited up as we did and that Mcbee kid they got thats goin to play for Auburn along with a line that averages about 270 on their homefield I mean really we had no business losin to a 3A school like that.

Give me a break butthead , you have no Idea how good or bad Cosby or Grainger county is. Hampton knows they are gonna be in for a fight and so does Cosby. This game is for the Title and all will be left on the field and win or lose if your brave enough (or stupid enough) to come to cosby and run your muffin mouth you will probably go back home with your muffins stuck where the sun wont shine brother! Honestly ,I hope your smarter than that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lets talk football since you know so much. I have said before, Cosby is a top 15-20 1A team but nothing more. Old24eagle, I only go and watch real football so that would not include any trips to Cosby. Although I would like to make the trip and watch you kneel to The Ambassador and eat a muffin in front of the home crowd. Is Old24eagle /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Lets talk football since you know so much. I have said before, Cosby is a top 15-20 1A team but nothing more. Old24eagle, I only go and watch real football so that would not include any trips to Cosby. Although I would like to make the trip and watch you kneel to The Ambassador and eat a muffin in front of the home crowd. Is Old24eagle /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

lets talk football then , you say that then continue with your meaningless muffin banter. Tell me oh great ambassador , Who is your team? What defensive front do they run ? They primarily a cover 2 or 3 team in the secondary or are they such superior athletes that they go man all game? Do they pull much on offense or do they base block? Who is your Z receiver and where does he line up? do you guys have any trap game? How deep does your punter stand?

Now that were talkin football , can you answer any of those questions Mr. football genius? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Let that idiot talk man...He obviously had no clue that Grainger (formerly Rutledge) ain't Pigeon Forge or Gibbs.

Congrats on the W. Hard fought game w/ a lot of intensity. Prince Leo or whatever has probably never seen a team outside of the Chatt area play, but he likes to run down their prograqms, kids, and coaches. He's one classy guy! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You guys have an awesome new facility. Its really something to be proud of. Good luck in reg. 1 3a.

I'm taking Cosby in this one. I think that the physical game last night will benefit the Eagles in this match up w/ the Bulldogs. We know we can't just stroll out there and take this one, but we know its certainly w/in reason!

Do you honestly think anyone would ever "kneel down" to you or your other personality Queen Leroy. If Hampton beat us 99-zip why would any one give you any credit for it? I'd not kneel down anywhere in your presence unless you are beside of me when I meet my Lord, and I cant imagine anyone who constantly thinks others should worship him being in that place with me. (Maybe thats something you could work on!) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />