WEST @ CLINTON

92Dragon

Well time to chime in on this Dragon parade....

West gave Maryville one heck of a scare last week for three quarters (until the refs joined Maryville....go figure) but it was a close game none the less and i'm proud of all the boys! And last week "the dragons" played Lenior city and from the score it definately wasnt their best game...their best game has to have been against Oak Ridge (which I give you guys props for!).

West has really come together as a team and i hope they can continue to grow and push deep into the playoffs.

On another note, Marquis Simmons went down in warm-ups before the Maryville game. Marquis was our leading rusher and a great kid. From what the doctors are saying he is done for the year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> But a "feel good" story is another running back for west, Nic Williams. After Marquis went down he put on Marquis' number 26 jersey and wore it for the game to honor his friend, and he will continue to wear it untill marquis suits back up.

West 28

Clinton 14

Go Rebels!!!!

Clinton overlooked LC! LC was winning 14-7 until Clinton realized they better play, than Clinton outscored them 28-0! then Clinton took out the starters and LC scored making it look alot closer than it was! it'll be ok! Clinton still wins 28-17! maybe West's RB being out will come somewhere near equaling Weston Hazelhurst being out! Doubt it though!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West gave Maryville one heck of a scare last week for three quarters (until the refs joined Maryville....go figure) but it was a close game none the less and i'm proud of all the boys!

knoxrebel which "refs joined Maryville"....??????.......Eye'm allways lookin' fer good refs two pay off.....Too bad Knotts West had too play 4 quarters like most gaims..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

West is the only team to give Maryville a game this year, West should have won the game but Maryville has to much depth. Clinton didnt look as good as they should have against a very weak LC team. The pressure of the playoffs is certainly on their minds. West has speed, this will be the fastest team Clinton has seen all year. I am not sure Clinton has as much speed as West. But since I am a old Dragon ill give Clinton the nod at 28-24, Still I see Clinton very weak up the middle on offense and defense, Honestly a team like Morristown west or east will give them a big headache in the playoffs. Both are powerful at running between the tackles. Of course Dragon fans Maryville still awaits anyone at home in the playoffs. I think we are are playing for nothing honestly. Good luck Dragons

This game could go either way. I know most Clinton fans assume that this game should go into their 'W' column, but that's the kind of attitude that can produce a completely different result. West is a solid team, and a bit mysterious. I say mysterious because they are better than their 3-4 record indicates. They don't really have an "impressive" win this season, but then again, the same could be said about Clinton (although Clinton did beat a good CC team and a mediocre OR team). Both teams have defeated 3 of the same opponents, while Clinton added wins against Campbell County (probably their best win) and Oak Ridge. This is the part of the schedule that will ultimately define both teams.

Both teams are playing their best football of the season. With that said, each will put up some points; however, I have to wonder how Clinton will approach this game. Last week, they seemed to sleepwalk through their game with LC. West has quietly put themselves in position to grab the #2 or 3 playoff seed, and the winner of this game is closer to earning that coveted #2 spot. I don't think Clinton will take the Rebels lightly, but I think that West is better than a lot of people think.

My prediction:

West 28 - Clinton 27

West is the only team to give Maryville a game this year, West should have won the game but Maryville has to much depth.

I'm not a Maryville fan, but how in the world can you say that (especially when West lost 30-7)? What kind of an excuse is "Maryville has too much depth"? That's just another reason why they have a 60+ game winning streak! How is that any different from saying, "We should have won, but they were the better team out there" or "we should have won, but they scored more points than we did"? I understand that the game was closer than the score indicated, but even if they were "jobbed" by the officials (which I'm sure is not entirely true), a couple of bad calls won't erase a 23-point defeat. I'm sure that Maryville is proud of their team depth, and they should be. In a sport like football, you have to use whatever legal advantage that you have, and superior depth is one of those factors. If only some of the other area teams were fortunate enough to have that kind of depth...

West is the only team to give Maryville a game this year, West should have won the game but Maryville has to much depth. Clinton didnt look as good as they should have against a very weak LC team. The pressure of the playoffs is certainly on their minds. West has speed, this will be the fastest team Clinton has seen all year. I am not sure Clinton has as much speed as West. But since I am a old Dragon ill give Clinton the nod at 28-24, Still I see Clinton very weak up the middle on offense and defense, Honestly a team like Morristown west or east will give them a big headache in the playoffs. Both are powerful at running between the tackles. Of course Dragon fans Maryville still awaits anyone at home in the playoffs. I think we are are playing for nothing honestly. Good luck Dragons

alcoa gave maryville a good game, and halls kept it close until the 4th quarter.

as far as speed goes, these teams are probably pretty even.

have you seen mo. west or east play this year?