WEST @ CLINTON

92Dragon

Averaging over 16 points is unlucky. You played us, LC and SD the bottom of this District and your three wins. Hardly a good resume. If your already putting the other four teams on a pedestal that beat you this year thats really sad.

Did you know those two drives were against a team that had been stricken by mono and still toughed it out. 22-19 was lucky at home. We have had a difficult year but at least I admit it. Besides Maryville Clinton was the best team we faced this year at least athletic wise. They could make mistake but if they bring their A game it isn't going to be close. They have your answer to last years team with Wagner & Easterley with Ryan throwing to them in Witherspoon, Chapman with Stone chucking it around.

It sounded like KnoxRebel was a little cocky taking Clinton likely. We'll see what will happen tonight. Like I said I will be very impressed if you beat the Dragons heck I'll take it one step further if you stay close on the scoreboard I'll still be impressed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

knoxrebel, Clinton is a good football team, that's all there is to it. Stone is an awesome player with three excellent targets. I'm not just saying that cause they beat OR, we're average. Clinton is very good. West will need to get at least one score unconventionally; kick return, pick six, scoop & score to win this game.

I agree Oakridge Kat I have no dog in this fight either. But Halls lost to both this year. We never had a chance against the Dragons they just were to athletic. Our defense is perhaps our best part of our team this year and we couldn't keep up with the Dragon speed. Stone is going to go places if he keep improving. He is only a junior that some sort of crime I'm here to tell you. West is a solid team but lacks the playmakers like us this year. There D is probably their strong point as well. If Clinton leads at Halftime I can't see West keeping up.

Well folks,hate to say it but good coaching will not kick to anyone deep at the end of a game! West was done till we did a bone headed decision to kick deep. Back to the streets guys!

Great kick return and a great win for west. I agree that clinton shouldn't have kicked it deep, but if players execute, that doesn't happen. Either way, stone played great in the second half, and did a great job of almost bringing clinton back. Hopefully they can regroup and beat central, since they need another win to make the playoffs. Again, great job by west.

Well folks,hate to say it but good coaching will not kick to anyone deep at the end of a game! West was done till we did a bone headed decision to kick deep. Back to the streets guys!

they couldnt kick it short either cause we didnt hit our extra points and they coulda beat us with a field goal, i think it wasnt bad coaching just bad coverage. we had several chances to score but couldnt convert in the redzone late. i didnt get to go and only got to listen to the second half but from what i heard the dragons seemed to be moving the ball at will and were only stopped by dropped passes and other mental mistakes. congrats to west on the win now lets get it together and win these last two.

What a great team! When the Clinton QB went down, how awesome was it to see the West and Clinton players praying together! Never have I been more proud to have a connection with West. Good job to both teams!

Yeah, that was nice of the few West Players that went over there to pray for Clinton's QB..

But my take on the game, being a West High Alumni, I was very much excited about the outcome of this game like many other West folks are. However, in my opinion, Clinton should've won this game. Coach Cummings had some gutsy calls on offense that didn't fare so well for West then Cllintion did a good job getting in the endzone when it counted the most. But like someone stated earlier, if clinton would've made their extra points and hit the field goals they missed, they win this game.

The Kickoff return of 98 yards WOW that's the only thing I can say about that. I mean, #16 of West didn't even get touched while he was taking it to the house. That was just good blocking by the Rebels kickoff return team..

#5 of Clinton, mane, I haven't seen a better quaterback in my life. IF UT doesn't look at signing him Phil Fulmer should be fired REAL TALK!! I mean, I don't know the young man name but he should be getting looks from everybody he's the best mobile qb in the county. Like I'm speechless he's GOOD...

Yeah, that was nice of the few West Players that went over there to pray for Clinton's QB..

But my take on the game, being a West High Alumni, I was very much excited about the outcome of this game like many other West folks are. However, in my opinion, Clinton should've won this game. Coach Cummings had some gutsy calls on offense that didn't fare so well for West then Cllintion did a good job getting in the endzone when it counted the most. But like someone stated earlier, if clinton would've made their extra points and hit the field goals they missed, they win this game.

The Kickoff return of 98 yards WOW that's the only thing I can say about that. I mean, #16 of West didn't even get touched while he was taking it to the house. That was just good blocking by the Rebels kickoff return team..

#5 of Clinton, mane, I haven't seen a better quaterback in my life. IF UT doesn't look at signing him Phil Fulmer should be fired REAL TALK!! I mean, I don't know the young man name but he should be getting looks from everybody he's the best mobile qb in the county. Like I'm speechless he's GOOD...

darian stone is his name and he's only a junior

West took advantage of Clinton's mistakes. A good team is going to do that. This is a tough loss for Clinton, but we need to put it behind us and get ready for Central. I have a feeling that Clinton will try to come out and make a statement next week. Good luck to West the rest of this season. I hope the player you had go down close to the end of the game is o.k. God Bless!