WEST @ CLINTON

92Dragon

I will go out on a limb and put Clinton a notch above West. Clinton if they bring there A game will roll with their athletes. If Hazelhurst was healthy a no brainer to the Dragons. This is by far the best Dragon team I've seen in many moons. I can't put my finger on it but they have a never say die attitude. West is very good and has wideout Anthony Cook still making some important plays. But Clinton has three deep threats I just down think many teams will be able to stop Darian Stone. Clinton could win this one going away. But I'm believing the importance of this game will make it a close one. Clinton by a whisker.

Dragons 28 West 24

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton is the 2nd or 3rd best in this district no doubt, but they are weak up front and in the cold and mud of November you better be able to control the lines. Folks face it they are just not ready for the teams outside their district. The teams they must beat they have , but the need a big win outside Halls and LC, The staff at clinton will choke when they face the big teams, lack of experience is a huge reason. Most teams have fulltime time staffers, we on the other hand take people from the street (literally). Clintons a winner friday but a hugE loser later.

Clinton is the 2nd or 3rd best in this district no doubt, but they are weak up front and in the cold and mud of November you better be able to control the lines. Folks face it they are just not ready for the teams outside their district. The teams they must beat they have , but the need a big win outside Halls and LC, The staff at clinton will choke when they face the big teams, lack of experience is a huge reason. Most teams have fulltime time staffers, we on the other hand take people from the street (literally). Clintons a winner friday but a hugE loser later.

I'm not a Clinton fan, but of the 3 possible teams they could face in round 1 of the playoffs (Rhea County, Red Bank, Cleveland), I like the Dragons chances against any of them. There does not appear to be a dominant force in region 4. However, we are going to find out if Clinton has what it takes in the next 3 games (West, Central, Powell). Campbell County was probably the best team they've beaten to this point. They have proven to me that they can get over the hump (after beating Oak Ridge), and I respect this team a lot. After seeing them lose to Anderson County by 2 (and get throttled by Maryville), I wondered how they would respond. 5 straight wins sends a pretty strong message to me. Now, they have to win in order to secure a playoff berth. I'd say getting that "OR Monkey" off of their backs was a bigger task than what lies ahead, even though OR is a very mediocre team. Clinton and Powell have a lot of the same problems up front, and it will be very interesting to see what happens between those 2 teams during week 10.

With that said, I think West is a very unsung team. Clinton is getting a lot of attention, while West has quietly worked their way into the playoff picture. This should be a very competitive game.

Well like some other people here.....im not going to go out on a limb seeing as how i don't feel like climbing a tree for one....and secondly my view from the ground is perfect.

West has greatly improved from the begining of the season and will win this game on their way to the playoffs....

Using Maryville and Lenior City as comparisons West looks to be the much better team.

Clinton better bring their "A", "B", and "C" games just to keep it close.

And sorry to hear about your "street staff" must make it hard to game plan.....

I wonder if i could come help coach.....lol

Go Rebels!!!

Well like some other people here.....im not going to go out on a limb seeing as how i don't feel like climbing a tree for one....and secondly my view from the ground is perfect.

West has greatly improved from the begining of the season and will win this game on their way to the playoffs....

Using Maryville and Lenior City as comparisons West looks to be the much better team.

In your dreams Knox Rebel. Where is your offense? Looks pretty anemic to me and you saying West is better than Clinton. I suppose 3-4 is better than 5-2 in your mind to bad it doesn't really compute in the real world.

I think you got lucky beating Halls if you win this one then I will be impressed. But your next three games aren't going to be a picnic. In fact your going to have to figure out how to score on offense.

Go Rebels!!!

While i think West is a dangerous team that will beat Clinton if Clinton doesn't bring their "A" game, i don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to compare how West played Maryville and how Clinton played Lenoir City as a way to gauge this match-up. Clinton was obviously looking forward to this BIG game, while West played their absolute best against the best team in the state. I don't know that either team will be "much" better than the other, but we'll see.

West always has a well-coached bunch of good athletes, and this is the best coached, fastest Clinton team that I've seen in years. Other than Maryville, who is head and shoulders above everyone in the region, I don't know that West has played against such an explosive offense. On the other hand, West is probably the most athletic team (Not counting Maryville) that Clinton has faced since OR (and OR was SLOPPY). This should be a good game. I think Clinton wins 35-31, but I'm obviously biased.

I also like to ramble endlessly.

Also in reference to using Maryville and Lenoir City as comparisons...If we're comparing them as common opponents, one could also look at Clinton's margin of victory vs Halls and South Doyle compared to West's. Again, I don't think this is the best way to gauge who will win this game, but I felt I should mention it just in case my first interpretation of what you meant was a misunderstanding.

Again, sorry for using so many words to say so little.

i played for the current staff and i think your comments are ridiculous, jason rhodey, richie marsh and coach stone are excellent coaches and role models for the players. the ones theyve added this year, other than coach harrell who i played for in middle school and is also a quality coach, i cannot vouch for. but with such a solid core of coaches i really dont see the staff chokeing. if clinton gets beat it will be by a team that is just more talented, not one that out coaches or out efforts them. i really wish you wouldnt claim to be a fan because from most of the comments you've made i think most of us would rather not have you on our side. i think clinton is greatly improving as the season goes on, other than the slight letdown at L.C but it was still a win regardless. when weston returns i expect them to make a nice run in the playoffs until they meet maryville again in the third round.

now back to the predictions... i originally thought clinton would barely win this one 33-28 but the more i look at the teams and west's lack of offense the more i like the dragons to win easily. west has had problems scoring this year and although i dont think we have the strongest defense around they're a gutsy group that has something to prove after giving up too many at LC. new prediction clinton 35- west 17

i played for the current staff and i think your comments are ridiculous, jason rhodey, richie marsh and coach stone are excellent coaches and role models for the players. the ones theyve added this year, other than coach harrell who i played for in middle school and is also a quality coach, i cannot vouch for. but with such a solid core of coaches i really dont see the staff chokeing. if clinton gets beat it will be by a team that is just more talented, not one that out coaches or out efforts them. i really wish you wouldnt claim to be a fan because from most of the comments you've made i think most of us would rather not have you on our side. i think clinton is greatly improving as the season goes on, other than the slight letdown at L.C but it was still a win regardless. when weston returns i expect them to make a nice run in the playoffs until they meet maryville again in the third round.

now back to the predictions... i originally thought clinton would barely win this one 33-28 but the more i look at the teams and west's lack of offense the more i like the dragons to win easily. west has had problems scoring this year and although i dont think we have the strongest defense around they're a gutsy group that has something to prove after giving up too many at LC. new prediction clinton 35- west 17

Better worry about 1st and 2nd round games, Clinton is very weak up front, and that will keep their offense off the field. And from some of the players on the current team the language that is being used is uncalled for. I only hear what the kids are telling others around town.

Our lack of offense at the beginning of the year was caused by playing teams like Farragut, Bearden and Sevier County. If I'm not mistaken Bearden just beat Campbell County as well, and we know how good Farragut is. I am taken aback at how cocky it seems the Clinton fans are. When was the last time you were good before this year? West D is what makes up for anything on offense they are lacking, and the offense is looking better every game. I know 30 points seems like too much to be bragging on the D but that's what happens when Maryville has the ball for all but three and a half minutes of the second half. I think this will be a very close game, but I don't know what in the heck is making people think Clinton will win this one "easily".

West- 24

Clinton- 21

In your dreams Knox Rebel. Where is your offense? Looks pretty anemic to me and you saying West is better than Clinton. I suppose 3-4 is better than 5-2 in your mind to bad it doesn't really compute in the real world.

I think you got lucky beating Halls if you win this one then I will be impressed. But your next three games aren't going to be a picnic. In fact your going to have to figure out how to score on offense.

Yes, scoring two touchdowns on two 80 yard drives is complete luck, especially with no crap penalties. O and taking a safety instead of giving Halls another chance to score a TD or block the punt, yeah that's luck.