WEST @ CLINTON

92Dragon

This coming friday's game against West is gonna be blackout night, so everyone on the Clinton side wear your black and let's support our Dragons in a big region game. West has lost to some very good teams and I think they (West) are very dangerous. This should be a very good game and i cant wait! GO DRAGONS !!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This coming friday's game against West is gonna be blackout night, so everyone on the Clinton side wear your black and let's support our Dragons in a big region game. West has lost to some very good teams and I think they (West) are very dangerous. This should be a very good game and i cant wait! GO DRAGONS !!!

very tough game for the dragons but i think we pull it out at home 33-28.

Blackout night?!? Sweet.

West is a scary team. Not a team that Clinton can just "outfast." The Dragons will have to really play well, and I think they will.

Clinton 35

West 31

Much more athletic and should prove a tougher test than some of Clinton's earlier games. Still a game Clinton can and should win.

Well time to chime in on this Dragon parade....

West gave Maryville one heck of a scare last week for three quarters (until the refs joined Maryville....go figure) but it was a close game none the less and i'm proud of all the boys! And last week "the dragons" played Lenior city and from the score it definately wasnt their best game...their best game has to have been against Oak Ridge (which I give you guys props for!).

West has really come together as a team and i hope they can continue to grow and push deep into the playoffs.

On another note, Marquis Simmons went down in warm-ups before the Maryville game. Marquis was our leading rusher and a great kid. From what the doctors are saying he is done for the year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> But a "feel good" story is another running back for west, Nic Williams. After Marquis went down he put on Marquis' number 26 jersey and wore it for the game to honor his friend, and he will continue to wear it untill marquis suits back up.

West 28

Clinton 14

Go Rebels!!!!

Well time to chime in on this Dragon parade....

West gave Maryville one heck of a scare last week for three quarters (until the refs joined Maryville....go figure) but it was a close game none the less and i'm proud of all the boys! And last week "the dragons" played Lenior city and from the score it definately wasnt their best game...their best game has to have been against Oak Ridge (which I give you guys props for!).

West has really come together as a team and i hope they can continue to grow and push deep into the playoffs.

On another note, Marquis Simmons went down in warm-ups before the Maryville game. Marquis was our leading rusher and a great kid. From what the doctors are saying he is done for the year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> But a "feel good" story is another running back for west, Nic Williams. After Marquis went down he put on Marquis' number 26 jersey and wore it for the game to honor his friend, and he will continue to wear it untill marquis suits back up.

West 28

Clinton 14

I will say that West is a good team and they very likley could go to Clinton and win on Friday night. Both teams will play hard and it might be a close game in the 4th quarter.

Now, lets talk about the SCARE that West gave Maryville and that the refs were on our side. That entire statement is a joke. It was a hard fought game for three quarters by both teams and the refs helped or hurt either team.

You must have transfered to West from William Blount.

Rebel9

Go Rebels!!!!

From your comment I assume you transferred from reading to Braille! A tipped ball nullifies pass interference. I would really like for someone to explain the ruling on the missed field goal attempt. Mville missed from around the 35 and West got the ball on the 20? I heard one explanation that went like this: a missed field goal attempt gives the opposing team the ball at their own 20? If this is true it explains the officials call. Also if this is true why does anyone punt? Simply attempt a field goal from you own end zone and you effectively get an 80 yard punt.

Mville played a great game and while I think the officiating was horrible it did not effect the outcome of the game. When West offense could only keep the ball 3 minutes in the whole 2nd half the calls really didn??™t matter. I hope West gets another shot at the M rebels in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams

FYI, A field goal attempt is just another scrimmage kick, except it can score 3 points. If the unsuccessful attempt breaks the plane of the goal line, the ball is dead and it is brought out to the 20 yard line, no matter where it is kicked from. If it does not break the plane of the goal line, it is a live ball and is the receiving teams ball where ever it is touched or the receiving team can advance the ball just like any other scrimmage kick. It would not be a very good idea to try a field goal from ones own 20 yard line unless you have a kicker that can boot it 80 + yards. I have not seen a kicker with that kind of leg. Not to say someone cannot kick it that far, it is just that I have not seen it happen.