Ooltewah vs Farragut

VOID70

This will be a great game this Friday in Ooltewah. I have been a Farragut fan for 25 years and a player in the late eighties. I have seen some good football teams come out of Farragut. I thought the 1995, 2005, 2007 teams would win it those years. This years team is something special that I haven't seen out of these other teams more team unity like the TN team in 1998. This team has more team balance of both sides of the football then any of the other teams. First and most important is the O-line. They have done a great job this year in pass and run blocking. The Browning kid throws the football to 5 good receivers each game and the running game with Purty and the other backs have looked good. Sweetland has done a good job of mixing up the play calling. The defense is strong and fast to the ball. There D-line is not as big as the past teams but they are very strong and quick to the ball. The LB are also strong and are fast plus aggressive to the football. The secondary already has 15 INT this year and they to are strong plus fast to the ball. The special teams has also been a big plus year to they have done a great job. The only thing that worries me a little bit is they have only had to play 4 quarters of football in two of the last seven games (McMinn County and William Blount). Last week against Bradley alot of the starters were out before half time. What I like about this team is there is not no super stars they play as a team and even in the McMinn County and William Blount they never got nervous with what was going on in those games and kept playing hard.

Now Ooltewah always has a very good football team with alot of speed and good football players. As far as I know they really did not lose much from last years team. The Brian Marsh kid which was a great running back and maybe a few other players. I know is this will be a GREAT FOOTBALL game this Friday night and it will be which team wants it the most plus who makes the least amount of mistakes in this game. When we came down there 2 years ago I loved the atomsphere at Ooltewah you have great fans down there and you love high school football plus your Owls and thats why I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL better than anyting. Good luck to you guys this Friday night and see you at the game.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree FSU this team is special but the O-Line seemed weak against a good WB front and i know the Owls have a very good and athletic front four. This unit is much improved but also has not been tested to much but when they have it has been an issue. Hopefull they will be able to pick up all the blitz packages this week from the owls. The o-line can be physical at times but also they can seem to wait on the defenders to attack them so i would hold on the praise for the o-line until after this game.

I agree FSU this team is special but the O-Line seemed weak against a good WB front and i know the Owls have a very good and athletic front four. This unit is much improved but also has not been tested to much but when they have it has been an issue. Hopefull they will be able to pick up all the blitz packages this week from the owls. The o-line can be physical at times but also they can seem to wait on the defenders to attack them so i would hold on the praise for the o-line until after this game.

Browning has not had alot of pressure on him that much this year. We throw the ball well against William Blount but William Blount kept 8 in the box to stop the run and make Browning beat them and he did. This offense line has but one starter (the Jackson kid) that has HAD ANY FRIDAY NIGHT playing time. I know Ooltewah has a very good defense this year and Farragut is going to have there hand's full with them this Friday night but they still are a pretty good offense line. Look at there total offense for the last seven game and Browning already has 1,444 yards passing for the year and they play alot of different running backs but Purty gets most of the runs and we have run the ball pretty good. The offense is more balance then any offense Farragut has had. The last two years we had Sterling at running back which he was a great running back but you have to throw the ball to help open up the run against a very good team like Ooltewah.

Browning has not had alot of pressure on him that much this year. We throw the ball well against William Blount but William Blount kept 8 in the box to stop the run and make Browning beat them and he did. This offense line has but one starter (the Jackson kid) that has HAD ANY FRIDAY NIGHT playing time. I know Ooltewah has a very good defense this year and Farragut is going to have there hand's full with them this Friday night but they still are a pretty good offense line. Look at there total offense for the last seven game and Browning already has 1,444 yards passing for the year and they play alot of different running backs but Purty gets most of the runs and we have run the ball pretty good. The offense is more balance then any offense Farragut has had. The last two years we had Sterling at running back which he was a great running back but you have to throw the ball to help open up the run against a very good team like Ooltewah.

Not trying to argue with you about Farragut im a life long fan and ex-player. Yes we are 7-0 and playing very good. Browning has had an amazing year to date. And i m very proud of the defense but we havent played anyone like the owls this year in the hostil territory. My argument is the owls give us some matchup problems on the o-line. I hope i am wrong but im just saying it is a area for concern. Also i wouldnt go ahead and crown this team yet saying there the best team ever in farragut a long way to go for these young men but i hope when it is all said and done they will be the best. For now lets just take care of business on friday. Go Admirlas!

Not trying to argue with you about Farragut im a life long fan and ex-player. Yes we are 7-0 and playing very good. Browning has had an amazing year to date. And i m very proud of the defense but we havent played anyone like the owls this year in the hostil territory. My argument is the owls give us some matchup problems on the o-line. I hope i am wrong but im just saying it is a area for concern. Also i wouldnt go ahead and crown this team yet saying there the best team ever in farragut a long way to go for these young men but i hope when it is all said and done they will be the best. For now lets just take care of business on friday. Go Admirlas!

My name is Danny Vest and played football and baseball at Farragut High school. What is your name because I would love to know I have been around this program for a long time. Every game is in hostil territory no matter were you play at. This team seem to want it much more than any other Farragut team has had. Believe me I haven't crowned them yet. I know Ooltewah is a very very good football team and so is SD. You will not no who wins this region till the last game of the season and that is why I love this region it has some great football teams in it.

Oh yes i played with your son danny actually. Iv been a fan of the program for a long time. I played d-line so i know what is like and danny, greg, derrick, and gabe really need to have a great game getting penetration in the backfield so we can make the owls throw cause i believe they are not comfortable with that.

Here are some stats: Owls opps. combined records are 15-28........FARRAGUT's opps. combined records are 18-32. OWLS scoring record against common opps:99-24..................Farragut's scoring record against common opps:100-37. BOTH TEAMS ARE VERY TALENTED!!!! only differnce,the owls have seen a great defense(maplewood),Farragut hasn't seen anything like that,(except this friday) Farragut will not score alot on the owls.,.but the BOTTOM LINE is this: Your QB vs OUR QB and that will be the difference in the game,PERIOD!!!! from,what I've seen your QB doesn't make alot of mistakes(if any). This will not be an easy game for the admirals,but Farragut wins by a touchdown 12/7 /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_/ai_n18616681

The 3-5-3: the new defense sweeping the south!

Coach and Athletic Director, Dec, 2003 by Steve Blanchard

E-mail Print Link Coaches, are you looking for a way to distract the offense before and after the snap? Everybody is, of course. Our recommendation? Try the 3-5-3 alignment. It could be just what you have been looking for--a way to create doubt in the minds of the offensive blockers and:

1. Create doubt for the QB on his coverage reads after receiving the snap.

2. Drop eight people into coverage or rush all eight at the same time.

3. Allow the LB's and SS's to constantly move in and out of the LOS.

4. Never let the offense know for sure who is rushing and who is dropping into coverage.

5. Great for every situation we play--vs running teams, passing teams, and even on the goal-line.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

You need only three down linemen: So think about the speed you can put on the field. Think you will be undersized? Just think how frustrating it will be for that offensive lineman to hit a fast-moving target.

The alignment of the down linemen never changes. They are always headup technique players. We will, however, move the linemen on the snap. In the base defense:

The nose plays straight-ahead and the tackles loop outside.

The linebackers always stack behind the down linemen at 4 to 5 yards depth. Think how hard it will be to draw up blocking schemes for a stacked defense!

The SS's alignment is basically 2X7 vs a TE and 4X7 vs a SE with feet parallel and a 45-degree shoulder tilt toward the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The corners align inside 1X 9 from the #1 receiver with a 45-degree angle to the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The FS will align strong-side "A" gap 12 yards deep with feet parallel.

This defense is really a disguised Gap 8. The front eight all have gap responsibilities. In the base defense the nose will have one "A" gap and the MLB will have the other "A" gap, depending on the blocking scheme.

The outside linebackers will have the "B" gap to their side.

The tackles will have the "C" gap to their side.

The SS's will be responsible for the "D" gap to their side.

Versus the run, the front eight play their gap responsibilities.

Versus the veer, MLB and F/S play Dive, QB, to Pitch.

The front will react to pressure keys.

The nose must force a double team.

The tackles cannot get cut off.

The linebackers must read and react with no false steps.

The SS's read their keys and must never get out-leveraged! They will slow play the QB but are responsible for the pitch.

The secondary's base coverage is cover 3. They must be able to read and break on the ball. The F/S must play with intelligence and be a sure tackler.

Versus the pass in the base defense (see diagram), we will drop eight people into coverage.

The nose is responsible for a push up the middle while looking for the "screen" or "draw."

The two tackles are responsible for contain rush on the QB.

The MLB has the middle zone.

The two OLB's have the hook/curl zones to their side. The two SS's have the flat zone to their side.

The two corners have the deep third to their side, and the FS has the deep middle zone.

Your players will love this defense, and so will you. Because this is a balanced defense, the offense has no choice but to run to the strong side; they are out-numbered on the weak side.

If the opponents run a balanced offense, you must find their tendencies and work from there. It is almost impossible to trap because of the threat of the linebackers running through and tackling the back in the backfield. Offensive coordinators just hate when that happens.

There are only a few ways to attack this defense, so you can basically work on the same plays every week. The base defense has a multitude of stunts, pressures, and coverages built into it.

The only limitation to this defense is your imagination. You can bring one or you can bring them all! Just remember that all front eight players are responsible for their own gap and make sure your coverage corresponds to how many people you bring, and you will be sound!

Source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_/ai_n18616681

The 3-5-3: the new defense sweeping the south!

Coach and Athletic Director, Dec, 2003 by Steve Blanchard

E-mail Print Link Coaches, are you looking for a way to distract the offense before and after the snap? Everybody is, of course. Our recommendation? Try the 3-5-3 alignment. It could be just what you have been looking for--a way to create doubt in the minds of the offensive blockers and:

1. Create doubt for the QB on his coverage reads after receiving the snap.

2. Drop eight people into coverage or rush all eight at the same time.

3. Allow the LB's and SS's to constantly move in and out of the LOS.

4. Never let the offense know for sure who is rushing and who is dropping into coverage.

5. Great for every situation we play--vs running teams, passing teams, and even on the goal-line.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

You need only three down linemen: So think about the speed you can put on the field. Think you will be undersized? Just think how frustrating it will be for that offensive lineman to hit a fast-moving target.

The alignment of the down linemen never changes. They are always headup technique players. We will, however, move the linemen on the snap. In the base defense:

The nose plays straight-ahead and the tackles loop outside.

The linebackers always stack behind the down linemen at 4 to 5 yards depth. Think how hard it will be to draw up blocking schemes for a stacked defense!

The SS's alignment is basically 2X7 vs a TE and 4X7 vs a SE with feet parallel and a 45-degree shoulder tilt toward the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The corners align inside 1X 9 from the #1 receiver with a 45-degree angle to the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The FS will align strong-side "A" gap 12 yards deep with feet parallel.

This defense is really a disguised Gap 8. The front eight all have gap responsibilities. In the base defense the nose will have one "A" gap and the MLB will have the other "A" gap, depending on the blocking scheme.

The outside linebackers will have the "B" gap to their side.

The tackles will have the "C" gap to their side.

The SS's will be responsible for the "D" gap to their side.

Versus the run, the front eight play their gap responsibilities.

Versus the veer, MLB and F/S play Dive, QB, to Pitch.

The front will react to pressure keys.

The nose must force a double team.

The tackles cannot get cut off.

The linebackers must read and react with no false steps.

The SS's read their keys and must never get out-leveraged! They will slow play the QB but are responsible for the pitch.

The secondary's base coverage is cover 3. They must be able to read and break on the ball. The F/S must play with intelligence and be a sure tackler.

Versus the pass in the base defense (see diagram), we will drop eight people into coverage.

The nose is responsible for a push up the middle while looking for the "screen" or "draw."

The two tackles are responsible for contain rush on the QB.

The MLB has the middle zone.

The two OLB's have the hook/curl zones to their side. The two SS's have the flat zone to their side.

The two corners have the deep third to their side, and the FS has the deep middle zone.

Your players will love this defense, and so will you. Because this is a balanced defense, the offense has no choice but to run to the strong side; they are out-numbered on the weak side.

If the opponents run a balanced offense, you must find their tendencies and work from there. It is almost impossible to trap because of the threat of the linebackers running through and tackling the back in the backfield. Offensive coordinators just hate when that happens.

There are only a few ways to attack this defense, so you can basically work on the same plays every week. The base defense has a multitude of stunts, pressures, and coverages built into it.

The only limitation to this defense is your imagination. You can bring one or you can bring them all! Just remember that all front eight players are responsible for their own gap and make sure your coverage corresponds to how many people you bring, and you will be sound!

Great D Sarg if.....

You have the corners linebackers FS and SS.. If you have a weak link or links in the coverage a good QB will make you pay especially if you can't get pressure with the front three.....

tpoole12