Ooltewah vs Farragut

VOID70

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few thoughts from a WB fan......

Team speed.... The Owls are the faster of the two teams. Farragut has some fast players but top to bottom adv. Owls...

Offense.. The Owls live by the running game... They have yet to prove they can execute a control type passing game. They have the ability to throw deep but it is hit or miss "Hail Mary" type route. Their QB has a strong arm but seems to struggle with the short stuff. Farragut strives for a balanced attack. In our game they didn't run the ball real well but even with their passing game success they continued to mix in run to complement their playaction.

The Admirals Junior QB is a very good passer who can throw the deep ball as well as the underneath stuff. adv. Farragut...

Both defense's are good up front. The Owls have a DE # 36 Smith who is said to be a D1 prospect. He is very fast.

They also have a tackle #67 who is tough in the middle. I don't have names or numbers for the Admirals but they played well. The Linebacker's / Secondary are about even but I remember the Owl's having alot of players playing both ways. In a close game this can be a big minus......... Due to this I give the advantage to Farragut...

Both teams have strong place kickers.....

Don't recall much about the punters..

Return game I'd give the Owl's the advantage because of their speed....

All this being said I have no idea who to pick.. IF????? Farragut can stop the Owls running attack then the OWLS ARE IN TROUBLE.. If the Owls can control the ball and the clock with their running game the ADMIRALS ARE IN TROUBLE.. If .... it's a close game late I think the Admirals win due to the Owls playing alot of players both ways.

Benny may have worked on the passing game and tried to cut down on players playing both ways since we met. You Owl fans would know more abou that than I. Farragut better be ready to play and not reading their press clippings....

Good luck to both teams...

I'll keep an ear on this one....

tpoole12

Tpoole said it best..........gotta be balanced on offense. It ll be a good game, but it should be the the Owls hands down if they could utilize their athletes instead of catering to their weakness. I dont know if there s a answer for the offense busting it wide open but at least they could try and give some different looks. I ll say it s a toss up and somebody will win with the kicking game late.

Tpoole said it best..........gotta be balanced on offense. It ll be a good game, but it should be the the Owls hands down if they could utilize their athletes instead of catering to their weakness. I dont know if there s a answer for the offense busting it wide open but at least they could try and give some different looks. I ll say it s a toss up and somebody will win with the kicking game late.

I think Coach Monroe needs to try something different this week. I do not think we can win by going to the air with our current situation. The vision is not there and when you stare at the receiver you going to throw it too every time, then you will get picked off. The sideline 2 yard pass is a dangerous pass these days as seen by every opponent playing us tight at the line of scrimmage knowing we can throw it down field but we only complete about 5% of those. If this short pass is picked off, then it will be taken to the house. I would like to see us take a chapter out of UT's playbook and go with #5 and try the running game with multiple threats. What do we have to lose? Our current game plan relies on our defense to score, and that will not be good enough against Farragut.

T Poole is right about two many players going both ways. I say play the two way players where we need them most and try to get more athletes into the game. From what I have seen this past week... we have them but they are seldom used.

Go Owls... I will be keeping my fingers crossed and hope we can pull out a squeaker.

If I'm the Farragut defensive coordinator I stack 8 and 9 in the box and make Ooltewah beat me passing the ball. I don't think Ooltewah can do it. They are too one dimensional. I like Farragut in this game because we don't play as many players both ways as Ooltewah, plus I don't think Ooltewah has played an offense as potent as Farragut's yet.

It will be close, but I like the Ad's by 7. My prediction:

Farragut 21 Ooltewah 14