Lake County vs South Fulton

I know sometimes after a loss I don't like to post but I usually always do...Sometimes in anger or mad ,thinking we'd do better..And then maybe the next day..after I calm down a little..go ahead and post..It's just for fun and sometimes talk back to Purple And Gold..Chipper..etc...Last night just wasn't South Fulton's night..I thought some of the South Fulton faithful would have posted before now..South Fulton has had a couple tough weeks now and we had a couple of them ourselves this year..mostly because of our defense..but things are looking a little better..And South Fulton can make it happen also!..Good luck the next couple weeks!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way I am looking at it. If South Fulton does not get their head on straight for the Gleason Game then they will start the year at 6-0 and finish 0-4 and looking on the outside of the playoffs. The Gleason game is a must win, because they will not be able to handle McKenzie. It does not matter how ya start, it's how you finish...

Lake County looked like a very good football team. To quote the Coach from this morning, "They are peaking at the right time." Our O and D line got whipped all over the field last night. We played with zero emotion. Not sure what is going on with these guys.

SF forced UC to punt last week a few times and moved the ball okay. I don't think LC ever punted last night. And we never seriously threatened to score. I can't imagine LC losing to anyone the way they played last night.

Time for Coach Spivey to circle the wagons and get ready for Gleason.

First off i would like to say congrats to the Falcons on the win last night. Ill tell u this and u can comment on what u want. We beat ourselves. I dont know if we were still reeling from the loss last week, being that it was fall break all this week, or homecoming that got us distracted or a combination of the three but we did not show up to play last night.

Our tackling was horrible, we had yall in the backfield alot last night and just let the guy go. We didnt not work as a team last night on defense like we have in the past 7 games. Im not gonna accuse anyone but our offensive play calling was questionable. Avent only had again 8 carries this week for nearly 50 yards, we need to get the ball in his hands more unlike in the past 2 games if we expect to win next week because he is just about our only big play guy.

We need to get our heads on straight next week and get it together if we expect to beat gleason because they are no pushover. If we dont its gonna be another long night next week for Senior night.

One thing i do want to point out is that i didnt respect that fact that LC was going for it on 4th down every time like they were when the game was already over with in the 2nd half. But im not gonna make any excuses for what we did or how we played last night or how it could have been different because its our own fault. We didnt come to play and LC did.

Good luck Flacons on yall route to the playoffs. Hopefully we can get it together this week and welcome back Sisson and Mcwirt back into the lineup against the Bulldogs.

First off i would like to say congrats to the Falcons on the win last night. Ill tell u this and u can comment on what u want. We beat ourselves. I dont know if we were still reeling from the loss last week, being that it was fall break all this week, or homecoming that got us distracted or a combination of the three but we did not show up to play last night.

Our tackling was horrible, we had yall in the backfield alot last night and just let the guy go. We didnt not work as a team last night on defense like we have in the past 7 games. Im not gonna accuse anyone but our offensive play calling was questionable. Avent only had again 8 carries this week for nearly 50 yards, we need to get the ball in his hands more unlike in the past 2 games if we expect to win next week because he is just about our only big play guy.

We need to get our heads on straight next week and get it together if we expect to beat gleason because they are no pushover. If we dont its gonna be another long night next week for Senior night.

One thing i do want to point out is that i didnt respect that fact that LC was going for it on 4th down every time like they were when the game was already over with in the 2nd half. But im not gonna make any excuses for what we did or how we played last night or how it could have been different because its our own fault. We didnt come to play and LC did.

Good luck Flacons on yall route to the playoffs. Hopefully we can get it together this week and welcome back Sisson and Mcwirt back into the lineup against the Bulldogs.

I'm sorry but SF did not beat themselves. SF had a total of 105 yards last night,LC had almost 500 yards. The simple fact is that LC is a much better football team. SF is improving but they have not turned the corner yet. LC only went for it on 4th down one time the entire game and yes it was very late in the game. It was just to run the clock out. Good luck to SF the rest of the year.

I have to say it looked like last year's South Fulton team. Lake County won every way you could win last night. In spite of the fact that we looked like a middle school team, Lake County looked good. It's hard to believe that they got beat by Union City.

Our boys confidence is evidently more fragile than I thought. They looked beat before the game started. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Maybe this is the slap in the face they need to get going again. Good luck to Lake County. They have one heck of a team and were a class act last night.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but SF did not beat themselves. SF had a total of 105 yards last night,LC had almost 500 yards. The simple fact is that LC is a much better football team. SF is improving but they have not turned the corner yet. LC only went for it on 4th down one time the entire game and yes it was very late in the game. It was just to run the clock out. Good luck to SF the rest of the year.

The Jackson Sun had South Fulton with 81 yards rushing and with 5 yards passing ,connecting on 1 of 2 pass attempts..As for Lake Co going for it on 4th down,You keep the Lake Co stats so I believe you're right..The clock was running continouslly,so the time was coming off really fast..And on that series Lake Co elected not to run any more plays with a minute left and not try to score again..They took a delay of penalty and then let the clock re-start and run out.....As far as having Lake Co in the back field..I thought several times South Fulton was going to tackle them in the back field,but the speed of Lake Co just kept them from getting that extra reach and Lake Co was off to the races..I thought the Lake Co speed was the difference of this game....And South Fulton may have been distracted from the home coming activities and etc..but South Fulton really didn't see the back yard so called ball that most of us have grown accustomed to..Not many razzle dazzle plays..Mostly just plays directly from the quarterback to the receivers..And most on short routes when Lake Co did decide to throw..Carlos really can throw the long ball when he comes in too quarterback and can scramble also but with the big lead..Lake Co just went with the sophomore quarterback,not flashy..but didn't make any mistakes..I can bet..win or lose..against McKenzie..every play in the play book will be seen.. ..And I believe they'll see more of Carlos at quarterback than South Fulton did..especially in 3rd and 2 and 4th down plays..So..South Fulton may not have been at their best..but mostly all they saw was run plays from Lake Co..Not the Lake Co team that had passed at will on teams..

Now..Between South Fulton and Gleason..Naturally South Fulton will have to come out and play inspired ball..Not get behind early and get their heads down..I believe a good start with South Fulton losing their last two games will be huge for them..And mix the play calling up..To just throw 2 passes,especially down by as much as South Fulton was is beyond me..I was surprised with South Fulton down about 27--0 or maybe even a larger score that South Fulton had a 4th and 1 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter that they punted the ball..South Fulton needed to get something going..hadn't made Lake Co punt even 1 time yet and decided to punt!But later Lake Co did stop South Fulton on 4th and inches and again later in the game when South Fulton looked to punt but threw a pass but at that time most people pretty well knew a fake was probably comming..South Fulton..Keep your heads up...A play off possibility is still there for you guys..We may end up 2nd.3rd,4th and may not make it at all..But..I'll take 4th..Can't win any play off games if we're sitting at home..Get after Gleason!I know yall have a better team than the team I saw Friday night!

You can comment all post long about the S F tackling in the Lake County game but with a score of 40 - 0 that is more than just bad tackling....that is a flat out butt whippin.

Lake Count is good. I said when Union City played them, that was one game that I can say that when it started, you didn't know who was going to win,,,,Lake Co. or Union City.

Lake County is a threat to most games except a team that has great fundamentals.

It will end up being

Union City

McKenzie

Lake County

Gleason

with South Fulton left out.

I was told before the season started that South Fulton should go 5 - 0 the first five games and 0 - 5 the last fives game.

Looks like they will go 6 - 4 loosing their most important and I believe that if you had played some of the tougher games early you might have had more losses.

You are getting better and I like your coach. So is Union City, we have a coach we believe in and WILL carry Union City to the next level.

speller...Never have I thought I knew it all..You will not ever find that in any of my posts....What you will find is opinions based on hard numbers...You do not see that often on here and it may come across as someone thinking they know it all....I observe,I listen and I form opinions..Not every person on this website is going to agree...There are some regular posters on here that follow Union City sports that won't agree with some of my opinions...But you know what??..So be it...Some of those folks won't look at things realistically....Never once on here during football season have I said Union City is the best thing going,unbeatable...Yada,Yada,Yada...During the summer I stated on numerous occasions that McKenzie was the team to beat this year..I have picked every single game Union City has played this year right...Including picking Westview over UC in the season opener....Now,during basketball season it was a different animal...I was certain UC would win the state championship and that MJ Brown would win Mr Basketball again...I never in my wildest dreams thought they would go 37-0..But,hey,icing on the cake I guess...I know people didn't like that I put those thoughts in front of their face all of last year....But again this is a fan-based web-site full of people supporting their teams...Nothing at all wrong with that...Really,the only time in the last three years or so that I was totally shocked in an outcome of a game was when UC lost to Humboldt in the region semis two years ago down in Atwood...

Back to football...My only point was that you were saying that LC had improved the last two weeks albeit being against two teams that are now 0-16 combined...two teams that have scored 111 points between them and given up 617 points...I think you can see where I would question that...But as you saw in my earlier post I admitted to you that LC is getting better...Not maybe getting better,not possibly getting better,not may be getting better BUT....No,I said they are getting better,no doubt about it...South Fulton is a more quality opponent,they are far better coached than the two previous teams on your schedule and LC beating them on the road AND shutting them out is an accomplishment..Much more of an accomplishment than beating the the two teams you described yourself as woeful....

Did I pick this game right??...No..But I didn't waffle or flip-flop or ride the fence..I put out a prediction..It was wrong..Won't be the last one....Actually,I almost picked LC for the simple reason,I was asking myself how this SF team would react to a loss..I posted earlier in the week that the question would be if SF would roll up their sleeves and go to work or would they revert to the bad ole days of Red Devil football....I think we got our answer tonite didn't we??..Football is not a complicated game...If you want to micro-analyze LC's progress in the West Carroll/Bruceton games I guess you could submit to me that what you saw was the players lining up better,getting in better stances,getting in a football position,wrapping up better,coaches scheming better...Things like that..What they did tonite was a heckuva lot more impressive than shutting out those two previous opponents...

Congrats to the Falcons as it looks very possible now they will play their way into the playoffs...

I think micro and little are synonyms. Sometimes it is the little improvements that a team makes over a period of time that eventually add up and make them better overall. I cannot make intelligent judgments on teams that I have not seen or seen lately. When I have seen two teams play lately I can make that judgment even though I could be still be wrong. We have lost games but noone has been able to shut us down on offense yet. That may happen this week. I haven't seen Mckenzie play yet so I will just have to wait and see. Congratulations to the Falcons on a big win last night, you have come a long way since the Dyersburg Jamboree....GO GREEN!!!!!

Be that as it may. I made one comment about our tackling and thats it. And our tackling was a very important issue.If we would have tackled at the point of contact it still would have made much a difference in the score, maybe have just slowed them down getting to the endzone, but thats about it. Like i said we just did not show up to play at all and got it handed to us.

I didnt mean that we beat ourselves in the fact that we just gave the game away. I meant that we didnt play like we have been in the last several games. Butt-whipping? Yes. Can we rebound and take it to Gleason?Yes. It's just just all up to the players if they want to just give up or not.

We are just suprised in how we much we didnt show up to play last night.