MJCS@Trousdale

slimshady

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come? I think it depends on how the scheduling goes. If their schedule is LCA, Riverside, Zion, Sewanee, Ezell, etc...I think they are in better shape than they are now.

If they stayed in DI, they would have played Gville, Watertown, Friendship, and Trousdale. MJCA would get much more gate money with those schools than the ones you mentioned. They are also beginning to somewhat compete with some of those schools.

Or you get "recruited" to come play for these schools. The real problem with private schools against public is in the coaching. Its hard for a public school to pay the coach what a private school can pay. Not to mention the number of assistants. Lots of public schools have volunteer assistants that work 9-5 somewhere else. Most private school coaches are WELL compensated.

You could not be more wrong. I can tell you with certainty that most private school coaches and teachers are not making what they could be making at a public school.

You could not be more wrong. I can tell you with certainty that most private school coaches and teachers are not making what they could be making at a public school.

maybe not at your school YET. Go ask MBA,BA,BGA,FRA, MUS,DL,GP, coaches to go back to public school pay. They'd laugh at you. Ya'll just started up, we'll see where it goes in say 10 yrs.

If they stayed in DI, they would have played Gville, Watertown, Friendship, and Trousdale. MJCA would get much more gate money with those schools than the ones you mentioned. They are also beginning to somewhat compete with some of those schools.

"Somewhat compete"? Losses of 18, 16, 43, and 28 this year is not what I would consider competitive. Last year, they lost to those teams by 28, 29, 56, and 42 with a 42 point loss to Monterey thrown in. They have beaten Sewanee two years in a row. They would beat King's Academy and Riverside Christian. At least LCA and Zion are around the same size. This move makes a ton of sense for MJCA.

I know it's sad for you guys to be losing one of your whipping boys, but its wise for MJCA. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

"Somewhat compete"? Losses of 18, 16, 43, and 28 this year is not what I would consider competitive. Last year, they lost to those teams by 28, 29, 56, and 42 with a 42 point loss to Monterey thrown in. They have beaten Sewanee two years in a row. They would beat King's Academy and Riverside Christian. At least LCA and Zion are around the same size. This move makes a ton of sense for MJCA.

I know it's sad for you guys to be losing one of your whipping boys, but its wise for MJCA. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You tell me, would they get more gate money from playing Gville or your beloved LCA, or King's or Riverside.

Believe me, I would rather not play them. We are more beneficial for them to be on their schedule than they are for ours. They are developing a program. I have to question some of their coaches decisions when they played us, but they were ahead of us early in the third by four points, and in all actuality it could have been more. So, their program is getting better.

Plain and simple, they would get more money for there school and athletics program if they stayed in DI.

There's lots of real "authorities" on the benefits/advantages of private schools up in his area; who knows? He might even live within 50 miles of one....

i don't think it's smart to always run off tackle when one is in doubt. if the defense stacks the line you're just not in the best situation, especially if they know you have that tendency. i'd go with a variation of some sort of multiple option package, maybe a veer, or maybe get real crazy and go weak side. that way you can keep that D back on the heels a little more. or maybe a quick dive to the fb in a 1-2 yd situation. if that corner is squeezing down on the line looking for that off tackle run you might want to consider throwing a quick go route over his head, you're going to get at least 5 yds and if he can make a move on that safety then you may just get a quick 6 out of it. more importantly just try not to be so one diminsional. if you don't mix it up, you're dead in the water. also never rule out mis-direction, i like 52 sally@7 trash, that'll leave their head spinnin!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i don't think it's smart to always run off tackle when one is in doubt. if the defense stacks the line you're just not in the best situation, especially if they know you have that tendency. i'd go with a variation of some sort of multiple option package, maybe a veer, or maybe get real crazy and go weak side. that way you can keep that D back on the heels a little more. or maybe a quick dive to the fb in a 1-2 yd situation. if that corner is squeezing down on the line looking for that off tackle run you might want to consider throwing a quick go route over his head, you're going to get at least 5 yds and if he can make a move on that safety then you may just get a quick 6 out of it. more importantly just try not to be so one diminsional. if you don't mix it up, you're dead in the water. also never rule out mis-direction, i like 52 sally@7 trash, that'll leave their head spinnin!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the heads up! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as private school teacher pay and stipends, it isn't even a comparison. Public pays much better than most private schools but who coaches for the money? I know the money aspect from both sides as I have worked in both arenas. Hmmm... Private school No benefits, no retirement, clueless administration, less pay, more duties. Sounds like an even deal. I'll stick with public.

MJCA is making a smart move to go to DII. There will be more even competition for them and they are hardly getting better. Whats more interesting is to see what happens to those "power houses" once they have to play in different regions and don't have the same 5 or 6 bad teams to whip every year.