Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

thank you pool boy, DL has about 400 less students than Giles Co., and DL has the advantages? If you have seen our weightrooms, like poolboy said, there nothing to go tell anyone about. I agree you never used the word "recruit", but we do not give financial aid that D2 schools give. At Lipscomb if the school does give you financial aid, you are not allowed to play sports. To answer your question, a lot of private schools are not D2, for example, CPA, Goodpasture, Nashville Christian, just to name a couple. Actually Lipscomb should be in 2A this year, but we're in 3A because of the multiplier, which added about 400 students to our actual enrollment, and next year we'll be in 4A. Still think we have the advantages?

One of the advantages is that you can pick and choose who attends the school. You have proven each year that your above average in 3A so why not make it a little more challenging in the higher division.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey the game is over. Giles County played toe to toe with Lipscomb. The GC line for the most part controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. However, credit Caleb Simpson and the Lipscomb passing attack. People will forget about the Lipscomb passing game. (Lipscomb did win the Vanderbilt passing league competition this year). That was the difference in the ball game at the end. Giles County should have and does have a dynamite team and a tremendous staff in place. Should be good times in Pulaski especially when they finish the stadium.

are you a christian?if so you are being a little judgemental there don't ya think.if not i'll pray for you.i hope zach is ok and the hit that raheem laid on him was perfectly legal and the pointing and air kick he made toward him was totally uncalled for and he should have been flagged.but i know raheem and his dad real well and to see raheem all 5'5" lay a lick like that and get up and taughnt zach was hilarious.like i said i'm sorry that zach got hurt and i mean no disrespect toward him or lipscomb.i also watched the replay and after #42 caught that pass for that big gain he got pushing giles co. players for no reason what so ever right if front of the refs so lipscomb can't really say anything.by the way,where did those officals come from. they called a good game but it looked like they had no idea what was going on.

You are telling me that it is Christian action to raise your fist at someone.......right? You need to reread your Bible. Turning the other cheek is mentioned, loving your neighbor as yourself...treating others as you want to be treated, but no where does it say raise your fist and try to hit a player when you are mad because a team you thought you would dominate, is keeping up pretty well. It wasn't written in the quote that the player wasn't a Christian, but that the behavior was not Christian and its not. I am a Christian, but I don't always practice Christian behavior, in fact I am having mean thoughts about you as I write this. Its great you are a Christain and tell me, do you always practice Christian behavior? David Lipscomb says that it is a Christain institution and as such has an obligation to live up to that. People generally identify Christians by their actions and not by their words.

being a brentwood academy graduate and sending my children there i know all about the private d2 league... let me tell you right now lipscomb can compete with the best of them. you clearly have no knowledge of this so i suggest you do not speak about the subject anymore

Why should GC fan not speak as he or she wishes on this or any subject Mr. or Mrs. Brentwood Academy graduate? Have the Brentwood Academy graduates secretly taken over the world and may now tell the rest of us when to speak? Since you know all about the private d2 division, tell me why some of the private schools chose not to play in it? How do you know David Lipscomb could compete? Please share some more of your wonderful Brentwood Academy educated knowledge with the masses. Just saying that you know something doesn't mean you do not have to support your ideas with the reasons behind them. Why don't you stay out of it anyway? No one said anything about Brentwood Academy, but I hear Prattville and was it Riverdale can compete with you.

Why should GC fan not speak as he or she wishes on this or any subject Mr. or Mrs. Brentwood Academy graduate? Have the Brentwood Academy graduates secretly taken over the world and may now tell the rest of us when to speak? Since you know all about the private d2 division, tell me why some of the private schools chose not to play in it? How do you know David Lipscomb could compete? Please share some more of your wonderful Brentwood Academy educated knowledge with the masses. Just saying that you know something doesn't mean you do not have to support your ideas with the reasons behind them. Why don't you stay out of it anyway? No one said anything about Brentwood Academy, but I hear Prattville and was it Riverdale can compete with you.

I think you need to know what you're talking about. Could you tell me why, besides competition, that DL should go D2. Could DL compete? I think we all know the answer to that. And also, get up to date, Riverdale is 4-4 this year. I think I would listen to the guy who went to, and is sending his kids to a D2 school. I think he might know a little more about it than you.

Who really cares how many fans show up on either side of the field. Your right GC couldnt catch him and I dont know how many teams will, hes a special player, Again! You will need him to win. Without him GC wins that ballgame.

last friday yes the mustangs may not have one without the aid of rogers. lipscomb however could beat the bobcats without him. rogers is the best player the mustangs have there is no argument there and he is an absolute joy to watch. however he is not the entire team. postions would be changed and perhaps a different gameplan but the mustangs could still beat GC without him.. and potentially go the distance. i just hope thats not the case. he is a great kid coming from a great family and he has a bright future ahead

You are telling me that it is Christian action to raise your fist at someone.......right? You need to reread your Bible. Turning the other cheek is mentioned, loving your neighbor as yourself...treating others as you want to be treated, but no where does it say raise your fist and try to hit a player when you are mad because a team you thought you would dominate, is keeping up pretty well. It wasn't written in the quote that the player wasn't a Christian, but that the behavior was not Christian and its not. I am a Christian, but I don't always practice Christian behavior, in fact I am having mean thoughts about you as I write this. Its great you are a Christain and tell me, do you always practice Christian behavior? David Lipscomb says that it is a Christain institution and as such has an obligation to live up to that. People generally identify Christians by their actions and not by their words.

If you're a Christian and you're having mean thoughts while you write this and yet you continue to write it and even go as far as to post it, aren't you basically choosing to sin?

DL could easily compete in the D2 level.

i like DL in D1 i dont see what the problem is. Yes i am a GC fan. But in my opinion there is more competition in D1 more schools.....I think people just want something to complain about. DL is a good school they like football and are good at it. I for one look foward to when GC plays them its their goal to one day beat them so....get over it they are in D1 and they should stay....

last friday yes the mustangs may not have one without the aid of rogers. lipscomb however could beat the bobcats without him. rogers is the best player the mustangs have there is no argument there and he is an absolute joy to watch. however he is not the entire team. postions would be changed and perhaps a different gameplan but the mustangs could still beat GC without him.. and potentially go the distance. i just hope thats not the case. he is a great kid coming from a great family and he has a bright future ahead

No they couldn't have and No they won't! With that said I had much rather beat them with him, and he was exciting to watch.

I will always support ba. however, with the head coaching job changing i do not agree with the man leading that team. My only reasoning for bringing them up in the topic was because of the connection i have to the private leagues. also i have family that attended lipscomb and some still attending that is why im on this post. You absolutely have the right to speak your mind and i will do the same. the truth of the matter is is that D2 is NOT more competitive than D1 schools. my previous post was just simply saying that its wrong to say they couldnt compete in D2. the mustangs are a machine that can bend but rarely breaks. they use their speed and quickness. the key to the mustangs success is not their athletes.. its the coaching behind them! Lipscomb is a team that would definately be a large competitor in the D2 league.. and so is Giles County! im just simply trying to get across that the private schools in D2 are not as big of power houses as you speak of. there are great teams in D2 yes. but D1 has many of their own, Lipscomb and Giles County both included!

No they couldn't have and No they won't! With that said I had much rather beat them with him, and he was exciting to watch.

hopefully its not something that needs to be proven to you. i hope he is back as soon as possible. for lipscomb to have more success next time its not a matter of getting rogers the ball. it comes down to the mustangs d. if they can get the offense on the field more they could still beat the bobcats.