Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

I will certainly get a map, because I want to totally informed about Williamson County. I should have said some public school in Willilamson County that begins with the letter R. I only remembered it because it seemed to be the first time a Williamson County public school beat Brentwood Academy or wait a minute, maybe the first time in a number of years. I'm not sure which. DL has advantages that most public schools will never have. Mainly they pick and choose what students can come and they seem to pick a fairly high percentage of big ole boys that can play some football. Public schools must take anyone who shows up, and they don't have to have a certain height, weight, intelligence level, achievement level, behavior standards, or even be able to afford to pay for school. We have no team doctorand not even a team surgeon. You were insulting to me and I answered you by asking about your knowledge of football based on the prediction you make about the game. If you want to quit the little argument you will have to do that.......quit. How do you know DL has no plans to go? Are you the king of DL, the big boss man or woman or what? never mind, don't answer this....don't want to know.

Are you and gchs 09 the same person?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I gave you a answer which would also fit under the category of "food for thought". I'm not making a mockery of anything, I mean what I say. I think I'm honest and you are not. You have never knowingly committeed a sin and I mean knowing something was wrong and doing it anyway. If the answer is yes, you are one amazing human being. I am having a hard time loving you as I love myself right now, and I'll admit it. I'm not turning the other check, either, but neither are you.

Not sure how you say I'm being dishonest. Read back and you'll see that I never said anything that you imply. None of this ever related to me whatsoever or anything I've done. It was based on what you stated. Sure I've messed up, continue to mess up, and will again. But if I'm about to do something that's wrong and I realize it, I'm fixing to do everything in my power to make sure that I take a different course. I'll drop it here. I apologize for my question upsetting you.

I have read many of the quotes on this board and am sickened by some of the comments. To begin I must first respond to the religous statements. Individuals have mentioned Jesus and turning the other cheek. Jesus also cleared the temple and turned the other cheek many times. I greatly question that players from either team acted unchristian at any time. I thought it was a hard fought contest played with great passion by both teams and spilled over into some brash actions from both sides. Trust me if any player acted up Coach Mac would punish and suspend them immediately.

As far as the officiating goes no official wins or loses a ball game. Either team must put themselves in a position to win in which it does not matter if a bad call is made. The saying is if you yell or blame the officials you are looking for an excuse for losing.

The argument of whether Lipscomb would have won without Rogers is plain dumb. They had him and he dominated. If Lipscomb had Harrison Daniel then things would have been even more interesting.

As far as D2 schools go the following is my opinion. A great misconception exists that they are nothing more than football factories. These private schools turn some of the finest people you will ever meet that never touch a football field. At every one of these schools there are more kids on financial aid that are not playing sports than those that are. The vast majority of the team is still made up of normal hard working student atheletes. Moreover those who criticize people for going to private schools need to take a look at the state of Public schools in the Nashville area. These private schools stand for so much more than athletics and championships.

As far as Lipscomb football goes the following is the TRUTH. Glenn McCadams built this program from the bottom up. He takes hard working average athletes and turns out a winning football program. Coach Mac is also the disciplinarian and if you think that Lipscomb is a perfect utopia where nothing bad happens then you are crazy. His leadership is the reason Lipscomb is what it is today. As far as recruiting goes the following squelches any of those rumors: Since 1982 when Coach Mac took over the program the following people have played scholarship Division 1 football: Ethan Flatt (Presidents son), Jonathan Shaub (attended Lipscomb since 5th grade), Austin Rogers(atended Lipscomb since 5th grade) we will include Zach Rogers since he will be going to the big time. Many fine atheletes have come through the school but not played on that high of a level. Lipscomb will never willingly go D2 because that is not the purpose of the school or program. Lipscomb is not an elite school nor does it want to be. IT has the lowest tuition around. Lipscomb truly tries to put God first and does not want to distract from that. Also if Coach Mac felt that Lipscomb had a great advantage then he would go to D2. Lipscomb does things by the book and has no interest in giving financial aid. No one complains about Maryville and other schools open zoning policies.

Public schools in the past have beat DL and it is possible. You just cant make any mistakes. Giles has come close but could not get it done. (I think all around Giles had more talent) By the way one of the few teams to ever beat Lipscomb was Marshall County in a game when the clock stood still. Hopefully the clock will be working on Friday as the Mustangs travel to Lewisburg to play another hard fought contest with the Tigers.

Watch your mouth pool boy. I am one of those people and there are more than just me, even on coach t, who think private schools should not play other private schools. If they don't want to go to school with the public school kids during the week, why play us on Friday night? Some people on this DL vs. Giles message board have said we were "not very classy". (I believe the main reason they said it is because we played you a game and the 2nd and 3rd string didn't get to play). Wouldn't it be great if you could play the classy schools at all times. If you weren't so stupid you would be able to figure out some of the advantages. Does everyone that wants to go to DL get to? What if they don't have enough money, are not smart enough, have had some behavior problems, don't have supportive parents, ..........etc. etc. etc. Its a hard world out there for some kids, but you don't seem to know about it or care. Public schools are the real Christian schools, because everyone is accepted and the people who have more help the ones that have less. We don't hide or separate ourselves.

watch my mouth? at no point did i say anything insulting to anyone that would make me need to "watch my mouth". also, if i at any time said GC was not very classy as you said please quote me. lipscomb does not accept every student, which is part of the reason most lipscomb players are not great athletes. and yes i do agree with you that some kids have a rougher at home life which may effect their ability to play a sport, but you need to not use that as an excuse for your loss. what number are you on the team?

Lipscomb might unleash their passing game more now. I think it could be deadly in addtion to their power running game. I think Mac is a great coach but he has alot more in the stable than he has shown. Their recievers of Lehning, Hoelzter, Webb, etc could be very tough for a HS team to stop.

Regarding the recruiting issue. All of these Lipscomb kids have played football there since the 5th grade. Frankly they were about a .500 team through the 7th grade. They began to get alittle better as 8th graders and really begin to show some promise as 9th graders. Coach Mac barely is involved until they are 9th graders. He could care less about 5th and 6th grade football. Once they got into Mac's system, they take off.

Lipscomb's biggest challenge is the LOS. They are thin there and, as Giles proved, they can be dominated in that area. But you better not fumble any KOs, etc, cause that will beat you. Ask Giles. That was the game.

Good game, but this thread needs to be locked. What points need to be proven that already hasn't been proven by the score of that game?

Also, why is the Marshall Co. vs. DL thread so weak... This game is just as big as the last if not bigger. I really hope Rogers is healthy because I want DL to be 100% when MC plays against them. The last thing I want to hear in 12 different pages of post is how the game could have been if Rogers played (if DL winds up loosing). MC has some speed too.

Is the Tennessean not an accurate source because MC leads the region in practically every area. The schedule difficulty isn't that much different either.

I know that stadium is going to be packed, this will probably be the largest crowd in MC this decade. I can't wait

Not sure how you say I'm being dishonest. Read back and you'll see that I never said anything that you imply. None of this ever related to me whatsoever or anything I've done. It was based on what you stated. Sure I've messed up, continue to mess up, and will again. But if I'm about to do something that's wrong and I realize it, I'm fixing to do everything in my power to make sure that I take a different course. I'll drop it here. I apologize for my question to upsetting you.

You didn't really upset me. I love to discuss religion and morals and I don't back down. (well not often anyway). It is really something I love to think about. I've read the Bible many times and there are many examples of people who sinned, and knew they were sinning, and did it anyway. I'm being honest, you sound self-righteous to me and that is judging. David realized he was doing wrong and did it anyway. Peter knew it was wrong to deny Christ and did it three times. It's great you have arrived to the point where you have the moral and spritual strenght to "do everything in your power to make sure you take a different course." Does it always work? Then I guess you are further along your walk than me. I was a little upset that you said I was mocking. I really don't think any private school should say that it is a Christian school? You have Christians who go to school at private schools, but the public schools do too. Had can an institution be Christian when everyone is not accepted there? Does intelligence, academic achievement, ability to pay, behavior have an influence on who is accepted at DL? I say DL, because this the private school I assume you know something about. Jesus accepted the poor, the sinners, the tax collectors and so on and anyone else who accepts Him. Does DL accept all? Public schools do.

watch my mouth? at no point did i say anything insulting to anyone that would make me need to "watch my mouth". also, if i at any time said GC was not very classy as you said please quote me. lipscomb does not accept every student, which is part of the reason most lipscomb players are not great athletes. and yes i do agree with you that some kids have a rougher at home life which may effect their ability to play a sport, but you need to not use that as an excuse for your loss. what number are you on the team?

You said I was slow. I took that to mean dumb. Perhaps you meant slow as in speed. Well you would be right if you were referring to my speed. I would certainly be considered slow in that way. If you meant dumb, I repeat watch your mouth. You are selling DL players short, there are some great athletes on the team and I think while someone is picking and choosing they pick smart kids who are also at least above average athletes. We can't pick and choose and that is why I don;t want to play private schools who can. Its not an excuse for losing, its just the way I feel. Why do you want to know my number. What's yours? Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.

Are you and gchs 09 the same person?

yes sorry. its my computor, but one of my friends used it and didn't log out. When I got on, I just started replying. Oh no. Now I am surely the dumbest person who ever posted on coach t as for my ignorance of Williamson county geography, division II football, and the difference between Riverdale and Ravenwood. Now why do you want to know? I beg your pardon for my failings. Well actually we are two people who post. I accidently posted some stuff under the wrong name.

You are telling me that it is Christian action to raise your fist at someone.......right? You need to reread your Bible. Turning the other cheek is mentioned, loving your neighbor as yourself...treating others as you want to be treated, but no where does it say raise your fist and try to hit a player when you are mad because a team you thought you would dominate, is keeping up pretty well. It wasn't written in the quote that the player wasn't a Christian, but that the behavior was not Christian and its not. I am a Christian, but I don't always practice Christian behavior, in fact I am having mean thoughts about you as I write this. Its great you are a Christain and tell me, do you always practice Christian behavior? David Lipscomb says that it is a Christain institution and as such has an obligation to live up to that. People generally identify Christians by their actions and not by their words.

i didn't see anyone on giles co.'s team raise their fist.i saw a giles co. player lay one heck of a lick on yalls star player which i hope he's ok and nothing major wrong.it is football and the last time i checked it is a contact sport.so injuries are going to happen even to star players.i was just saying not to judge a team because they are a christian school.i'm not trying to start a holy war or nothing like that.

I have read many of the quotes on this board and am sickened by some of the comments. To begin I must first respond to the religous statements. Individuals have mentioned Jesus and turning the other cheek. Jesus also cleared the temple and turned the other cheek many times. I greatly question that players from either team acted unchristian at any time. I thought it was a hard fought contest played with great passion by both teams and spilled over into some brash actions from both sides. Trust me if any player acted up Coach Mac would punish and suspend them immediately.

Why are you so sickened by religious comments. Does it frighten you to think people who are fans of public schools have opinions about Christianity. In public schools we cannot discuss religion. Are you saying that it is forbidden for me to mention religion to the good people of David L. as well. One of your players raised his fist to one of ours and I say that is not a Christian action. Are you comparing Jesus clearing the temple with a player who raises his fist to another. I don't know of any brash action from our school. Raising a fist is not a Christian action and you operate as a Christian School. It is the duty of the players as well as fans and coaches to live up to this.

Also if Coach Mac felt that Lipscomb had a great advantage then he would go to D2.

By the way one of the few teams to ever beat Lipscomb was Marshall County in a game when the clock stood still. Hopefully the clock will be working on Friday as the Mustangs travel to Lewisburg to play another hard fought contest with the Tigers.

Typical DL mentality.

All I ever hear is that ya'll are undefeated in district play. Isn't that advantage enough? Maybe we should let Coach Mac speak for himself, maybe you are coach Mac.

As for the second quote, You blame the official time keeper for a loss. Dozens upon dozens of times DL supporters have stated that blaming the officials is just making excuses for being a looser. So which is it? Please enlighten me.

You contradict yourself several times in one post. It takes most of us several posts to contradict ourselves /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />