Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

ORWildcat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about Rankin?

From a 'Dad' whos son played for him: He knows football, but it all about HIM and not the players. Thinks grades are the players and parents resposibility ONLY and letters fron colleges that are suppose to be going to players tend to get 'lost' unless he really likes them. Will not talk to recruiters from colleges as that is the players responsibility also. When the team loses it was because the players didn't follow his game plan or did not execute. Also do not depend on him to tell the players about the NCAA clearing house as they should know that themselves. Personality similar to sheet rock. He does win but ask yourself first is it really worth it?

I will be the first to admit our personalities clashed and it is as much my fault as anything, but I stand by my above comments.

Rankin isn't leaving Alcoa. He prefers the smaller school system for his children. And the program is actually looking to get stronger with two great freshman classes the previous 2 years.

I guess if he got bored with winning gold balls he may leave, or maybe the lure of rebuilding oak ridge could pull at him a bit, but I doubt it.

Rankin isn't leaving Alcoa. He prefers the smaller school system for his children. And the program is actually looking to get stronger with two great freshman classes the previous 2 years.

I guess if he got bored with winning gold balls he may leave, or maybe the lure of rebuilding oak ridge could pull at him a bit, but I doubt it.

'If' a private or another state school in say Ga or Ala. did offer him a spot he would leave Alcoa in a split second. It would allow him to start collecting his retirement from the State of Tn and get a regular paycheck at the same time. As to going to Oak Ridge he was interested at one time, but I doubt they could get him now as OR is still in the same state retirement system.

Soddy is a well coached team with decent athletes. They do not have great athletes by any means.

OR still has a few great players, but had no gameplan. No offensive adjustments. The two touchdowns were a busted play down to the 5 (then TD) and a kickoff return.

OR has a few great players / Soddy has no great athletes = NO GREAT ATHLETES 34 - FEW GREAT PLAYERS 14

OR has a few great players / Soddy has no great athletes = NO GREAT ATHLETES 34 - FEW GREAT PLAYERS 14

If my comments seem offensive to you or any other SD fans, you totally missed my point. OR has a few great athletes totally going to waste in the present system.

Soddy has played outstanding. It appeared to me, by watching only one game, that Soddy is a well coached, inspired team. Their offensive plays and defensive schemes were way ahead of anything OR could do. BUT, I saw a bunch of good athletes playing great football. With OR, I see a few great athletes not doing much under the present system. Congrats for having a motivated team playing to its fullest ability under excellent coaching